• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings |OT| Plough 'Em All

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exuro

markot said:
All the games above it are steamworks. How many people here bought it on gog.com >_<? I know I did!
And over half of the preorder's were from retail. I'm sure the game is doing well sales wise. I'm hoping it turns into a slow burner over the years. Looks like it may become a "What game should I test my rig with?" game.

bigben85 said:
Can't path yet but I am totally going Swordsman. Fuck that magical and mixing bottles shit. Totally going badass sword fighting!
Yeah I'm doing this and it makes the game a heck of a lot easier. Bosses are still a bitch though.

markot

Banned
Exuro said:
And over half of the preorder's were from retail. I'm sure the game is doing well sales wise. I'm hoping it turns into a slow burner over the years. Looks like it may become a "What game should I test my rig with?" game.
Definitely, alot of big sites havent even reviewed it yet too.

anyone able to hit the guy at the start with the ballista with the king >.<? he ducked when I tried...

~Kinggi~

Banned
~Kinggi~ said:
Oh hells yeah, just got past my crash point.

Use something called PowerISO. Its a disc mounter and virtual drive system.

http://www.poweriso.com/download.htm

Install and then right click on the dvd in My Computer and say "Make Image File' using the power iso menu. Extract to ISO. On both of my dvd drives it hasnt crashed yet. Im at 66% right now after always crashing at 50%.

Cool thing about this is that you can then mount the iso as a virtual disc, essentially treating it just as a DVD. Cross my fingers it doesnt crash!

^ I'd say two simultaneous posts finding the solution is pretty badass.

Yeah this is working. Was able to get the full disc onto my HD using a dvd drive that would have otherwise been incompatible.

LiK

~Kinggi~ said:
Yeah this is working. Was able to get the full disc onto my HD using a dvd drive that would have otherwise been incompatible.

let me know if you can actually install it.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
What's actually blowing my mind about this game is how gorgeous it is, and at the same time, not running like a piece of shit. I realize I have a nice rig, but I expected to have less desirable results in the FPS dept.

Absolutely amazing forest architecture. It doesn't just feel like a ground texture with huge trees.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Hrmm, some of these books don't accurately portray history.

I bought The Temerian Royal Dynasty, which describes Foltest's daughter,
Adda, and it says that the second time she fell under the curse, Geralt killed her. I didn't kill her in my TW1 game and Foltest even talked about his daughter in the prologue.

Minor nitpick, but surely something that shouldn't have been overlooked.

First impression is horrible. Whilst I was amazed at the lighting in the interrogation scene the actual first attempt at game play is attempting to learn how to fight while being chased by a dragon burning everything around you and fighting up to 5 enemies at a time, with tutorial prompts I can't even read. I've died maybe 5 times already and its a fucking stupid way to introduce somebody into a game.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
He can hold a bucket of water with his cock

This game has some funny but raunchy humor. It seems very accurate of people who just don't give a shit about what they say.

Zefah said:
Hrmm, some of these books don't accurately portray history.

I bought The Temerian Royal Dynasty, which describes Foltest's daughter, Adda, and it says that
the second time she fell under the curse, Geralt killed her. I didn't kill her in my TW1 game and Foltest even talked about his daughter in the prologue.

Minor nitpick, but surely something that shouldn't have been overlooked.
Jesus, spoiler that shit please.
Thanks a lot, I just started chapter 5 too...

Zzoram

TheHeretic said:
First impression is horrible. Whilst I was amazed at the lighting in the interrogation scene the actual first attempt at game play is attempting to learn how to fight while being chased by a dragon burning everything around you and fighting up to 5 enemies at a time, with tutorial prompts I can't even read. I've died maybe 5 times already and its a fucking stupid way to introduce somebody into a game.

Welcome to Eastern European PC gaming.

Animator

Does anyone know where the goddamn Arachas are in the jungle? I need their eyeballs to complete something and I cant find em anywhere.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
SneakyStephan said:

Saying that a certain character can either live or die doesn't seem like much of a spoiler to me, but okay!

Deadly

Animator said:
Does anyone know where the goddamn Arachas are in the jungle? I need their eyeballs to complete something and I cant find em anywhere.
There's only one and you encounter it by progressing the main storyline.

SneakyStephan said:
We're in the Witcher 2 OT if you're expecting not to be spoiled from things in the PREVIOUS game than stay the fuck out.

Chiggs

Gold Member
"Look for an opportunity to go further up the river."

Good fucking grief. Guess I'll run around this fucking town for another hour asking every drunk fuck in the street if they know how to get up the river.

Swim, Geralt, you twat.

Deadly

Chiggs said:
"Look for an opportunity to go further up the river."

Good fucking grief. Guess I'll run around this fucking town for another hour asking every drunk fuck in the street if they know how to get up the river.

Swim, Geralt, you twat.
Tell me if you find anything cause I've hit a stump there too :lol

Chiggs

Gold Member
Deadly said:
Tell me if you find anything cause I've hit a stump there too :lol

I wish this game had included one aspect of Far Cry 2--the ability to set giant brush fires.

Because I would burn down all of Flotsam and the disgusting forest around it.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Deadly said:
We're in the Witcher 2 OT if you're expecting not to be spoiled from things in the PREVIOUS game than stay the fuck out.

I would have put it in a nicer way, but yes, it's fine to spoil anything from TW1 in this thread. If you haven't played it or finished it yet but you choose to read this thread, it's your own fault if you get spoiled. People shouldn't have to spoiler a game that came out 4 years ago in the thread about it's sequel.

Anyways, these quests are meaty. I'm still in chapter one and I haven't even tried to fight the monster yet. I've come across a few quests and I've spent a damn good amount of time in this forest.

LiK

Wondering if I should return or exchange the CE. Hoping I get a non-destroyed bust....

edit: Returns request submitted. Not gonna bother with this again. Now to figure out GOG or Steam version....

Link0080

I tried using Alcohol120% and PowerISO but still couldn't copy it. They should just let you register the cd key on their site and let you download it.

Chiggs

Gold Member
The Mystic River quest must be concluded in a different Chapter. I mean, there's fucking no way to find the other shipwreck!

Chiggs said:
I wish this game had included one aspect of Far Cry 2--the ability to set giant brush fires.

Because I would burn down all of Flotsam and the disgusting forest around it.

You would burn down such a beautiful and long grown forest? This forest has obviously been growing for thousands of years (if not tens of thousands!). Hehe.

Have you searched south for the other ship?

Did you post the letter yet?

Did you win the arm wrestle competitions?

Did you take a dive in the night fights?

Did you go with the Incense guy when he wanted you to be blind folded?

Did you spare life of the guy back in the prologue and end up blowing up the prison and hear about the 'mess you made' back at the castle?

It sounds like you're pretty much exactly where I am in the game.

DAMN talking like this makes me want to get back home IMMEDIATELY and continue my quest. Shit I love this game.

This or LA Noire.... AHHH I'm going to lose my mind trying to decide!

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Definitely some scripting bugs going on with the ambient stuff...

The village elder of Lobinden is reciting one of his stories that he usually gives in front of the campfire... except right now he's doing it while sleeping and snoring in his bed!

Vaporak

TheHeretic said:

It's not really obvious at first, but you can play the prologue in any order you want based on your responses to the interrogation; and you decided to jump ahead right into the thick of the action instead of starting at the beginning. But just use the defensive sign, stick with your group, and don't go out in the open and you'll be fine.

Chiggs

Gold Member
Oh for fuck's sake! Apparently, you need the Troll Trouble DLC in order to complete the Mystic River quest!

RANT REMOVED.

Edit: I stand corrected. Bad info from GoG. :)

Mystic River quest takes place in multiple chapters.

Kenka

Does anyone have a problem with the launcher ? My Steam copy doesn't kick in when I click on Play. I just have this stupid wolfhead floating in the middle of the screen and nothing more.

Deadly

ColonialRaptor said:
You would burn down such a beautiful and long grown forest? This forest has obviously been growing for thousands of years (if not tens of thousands!). Hehe.

Did you spare life of the guy back in the prologue and end up blowing up the prison and hear about the 'mess you made' back at the castle?

It sounds like you're pretty much exactly where I am in the game.

DAMN talking like this makes me want to get back home IMMEDIATELY and continue my quest. Shit I love this game.

This or LA Noire.... AHHH I'm going to lose my mind trying to decide!
Yes.Yes. No, if you're talking about the vendor I closed his shop (stupid move he was a vendor afterall).Yes TOTALLY worth it because you gain an additional 50 weight =D

Deadly said:
Yes.Yes. No, if you're talking about the vendor I closed his shop (stupid move he was a vendor afterall).Yes TOTALLY worth it because you gain an additional 50 weight =D

Wait... which one do you gain the weight from?

So you closed the shop BEFORE you got the incense recipe for the guy at the docks?

Chiggs

Gold Member
ColonialRaptor said:

1. Ship is not south.
2. Yes.
3. Yes.
4. No.
5. Yes.
6. yes

Did you
get a really shitty tattoo when you were drunk?

mileS

I like the dialog choices that are timed every now and then. I haven't played Alpha Protocol but isn't that something that game had as well? You can tell the developers have played games like that, Mass Effect 2 and even Demon's Souls for a bit of inspiration into certain parts of the game. Hell even one of the main developers said that Demon's Souls was his GOTY when it came out.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
TheHeretic said:

Welcome to video games!

Mr_Zombie

I played Witcher 2 at my friend's house yesterday and... I came. The game is gorgeous. The only thing that I could nitpick at is that some faces and hairs don't look as good as everything else. But other than that, textures, lightning, models, architecture, effects - everything looks so amazing.

kamspy

This fucking game. WOW.

I'm running a 275 and a Phenom II 955x4 and getting a good 30fps steady on high settings with AA. No SSAO. Pretty happy with performance. It's one of those games that I'm gonna have to put on hold though. I want to run through TW1 again and get a good save file (mine is like, 4 computers old and long gone).

thetrin

Mr_Zombie said:
I played Witcher 2 at my friend's house yesterday and I came. The game is gorgeous. The only thing that I could nitpick at is that some faces and hairs don't look as good as everything else. But other than that, textures, lightning, models, architecture, effects - everything looks so amazing.

I don't know what version you played, but when I can see pores, individual chest hairs and wrinkles on character's faces, I call that pretty damn good.

kamspy said:
This fucking game. WOW.

I'm running a 275 and a Phenom II 955x4 and getting a good 30fps steady on high settings with AA. No SSAO. Pretty happy with performance. It's one of those games that I'm gonna have to put on hold though. I want to run through TW1 again and get a good save file (mine is like, 4 computers old and long gone).
Wow. You've gone through 4 computers in the last 5 years?

Chiggs said:
1. Ship is not south.
2. Yes.
3. Yes.
4. No.
5. Yes.
6. yes

Did you
get a really shitty tattoo when you were drunk?

Exactly the same as me... yes same when I was drunk lol.

I tried to chat up blondy but it didn't seem to work, I think I got all the selections in the conversation right but she wouldn't have a bar of it

I also chatted up the mage and that one was hard, but I SOMEHOW managed to level up my persuasion skill with that one as well, I think once we kill the kayran we'll be straight into the sack

One of my goals in this game is to sleep with every female possible

Deadly

ColonialRaptor said:
Wait... which one do you gain the weight from?

So you closed the shop BEFORE you got the incense recipe for the guy at the docks?
Apparently you gain weight for carrying Aryan on your back before he burns down the castle. It's the ability called "Strong Back". You probably have 300 weight while those that killed him during the siege would only have 250. Nah I got the poison recipe then closed down his shop. Intimidated him into giving it to me too, I'm such an asshole :lol

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Took the Kayran down, fuck yes.

That battle alone was cooler than any encounter in the first game. Geralt is a true monster slayer in this game.

This game is incredible.

Deadly said:
Apparently you gain weight for carrying Aryan on your back before he burns down the castle. It's the ability called "Strong Back". You probably have 300 weight while those that killed him during the siege would only have 250. Nah I got the incense recipe then closed down his shop. Intimidated him into giving it to me too, I'm such an asshole :lol

So have you been with the guy who requested the recipe out to his hideout to test it yet?

Ahh yep, I definitely got the strong back I do have 300 weight.

Sober

1stStrike said:
Okay so I fucked up at
Loredo's Estate and got caught, losing out on my chance to get the Iron Frame by sneaking to it and I can't seem to get back into his estate. Is there any way for me to get it now or am I fucked?
It's not really necessary when you get to the Kayran, it just makes the fight last maybe 10 seconds longer when you get it down

Also, anyone in Act 2, I just got
to killing Vinson Taut and the conspirators and got his the Seltkirk Armour ... it says its a quest item (also 0 weight) so should I even bother wearing it and enchanting it? It looks pretty cool btw on Geralt

Deadly

ColonialRaptor said:
So have you been with the guy who requested the recipe out to his hideout to test it yet?

Ahh yep, I definitely got the strong back I do have 300 weight.
No I decided to not give it to him and he ambushed me when I left town. I got a quest completed after that but after a certain fight it stated I failed it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom