• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings |OT| Plough 'Em All

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
zoner said:
I think this is the first game to ever make me not hate the Elves in it. They're fairly different on here, and they look smaller without all looking like Legolas. I really dig it.

Yeah. I really love Iorveth's design. Well, I love everyone's design, but he looks especially bad ass.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
The second phase of that Kayran fight... man that was kind of lame! Not very intuitive at all. They really should give you a bit more more than two seconds or so to figure out what to do before being smashed to bits by huge boulders.

Oh well, it was still a cool fight.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
zoner said:
I think this is the first game to ever make me not hate the Elves in it. They're fairly different on here, and they look smaller without all looking like Legolas. I really dig it.
Dwarves are definitely my absolute favorite in the world. There's something so incredibly lovable about them.

Chiggs

Gold Member
If there's a crotchrot achievement, then my Geralt will most certainly attain it!

[Dennis Hopper]I'll fuck anything that moves![/Dennis Hopper]

Ugh, I'm at the end of Chapter 1 with a horrible autosave that results in me either dying immediately or being left with a quarter of my life once the loading screen fades away. If I remember correctly, Witcher 1 sometimes had this issue as well, where the action would start even though the loading screen was still up (therefore resulting in cheap hits). The big difference is that in Witcher 1, it usually happened when entering or exiting a building... not a goddamn end-of-chapter boss autosave.

And to top it off,
Kingslayer is a fucking bitch with Aard and Quen.
Grr!!!

EDIT: After some prep time, I returned and prevailed. It also seems like the autosave stopped acting weird after the prep time. Weird.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
3chopl0x said:
Just finished Troll Trouble, awesome quest!

I just started it, and I love the troll! What a great character.

zlatko

Banned
zoner said:

Fucking squirrels!

Shit... I wanna keep playing Witcher, but I've got LA Noire now too, I wanna play that... torn... can't decide... shit... arg... brain... gonna... break... no...

Exuro

The one thing that would help with visuals is better shadow edges. I see a lot of awesome shots but they have those stupid crisscrossed shadows. I messed around with ultra settings and they're still there which sucks.

Tokubetsu

Act II help, don't worry its a notice board quest:
Rotfiend contract. Got 6 out of 9 corpses burnt. Can't find the last three. I've got the 3 by the wagon, and three more on the way to the visionary. Where are the last ones?

Kenka

Seriously, Nintendo. Take a look at this game and give us some Zelda cake with The Witcher 2 topping for Café. Thanks.

1stStrike

Banned
ColonialRaptor said:
Shit... I wanna keep playing Witcher, but I've got LA Noire now too, I wanna play that... torn... can't decide... shit... arg... brain... gonna... break... no...

I got LA Noire today as well, but you know what? Witcher 2 has already gotten about 10 hours of game time, so I'm just going to finish that first.

I just finished
fucking in the rose pool
so I'm pretty close to the end of chapter 1. I have a couple of side quests left and I'm not sure how to do troll trouble since you're like suppose to register on the witcher forums to activate it or something, and I can't do that right now since their forums are down...

I also can't figure out how to use my pocket items, or blow up those Nekker hives. I've pushed every button I can think of to throw a bomb or something and nada.

I'm really having a tough time with the control scheme in this game. Still fumbling around a lot in battles too, where I've usually picked it up by now in other games I've played. =\

Exuro

1stStrike said:
I also can't figure out how to use my pocket items, or blow up those Nekker hives. I've pushed every button I can think of to throw a bomb or something and nada.
R uses the current pocket item so bombs/traps/daggers. For the nekker hives/nests you need an explosive bomb like the grapeshot, then just left click when you're near it.

rObit

Banned
Damn, I usually have a hard time getting into RPGs, but this is so immersive, I'm having a difficult time putting it down. Very pleased with how well it scales too, I've got a middle-ranged rig, just put the default high setting on then turned up shadows to ultra and it looks phenomenal and runs a solid 30 fps.

ic8W9K.jpg

Can't wait to dive in for more tomorrow.

Echoplx

Steam bonus content is ready for download!

Hello all,

I have nearly all of the bonus content together. I'm just waiting on the videos from CDProjekt. Rather than waiting longer for that from them, I'm going to set everything else live shortly.

I've set this up to not download automatically for owners of Witcher 2, because it's 900MB right now and I don't know how big it will be once the video files are in there.

You will be able to find it under your "Tools" section. Downloading it will put all of the bonus content in a sub folder of The Witcher 2.

Tokubetsu

Tokubetsu said:
Act II help, don't worry its a notice board quest:
Rotfiend contract. Got 6 out of 9 corpses burnt. Can't find the last three. I've got the 3 by the wagon, and three more on the way to the visionary. Where are the last ones?

Come on, I know some of y'all are already in Cha II.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Luthos said:
Where can you get the hooded armor?

Without spoiling, I'd like to know how to get it or the recipe. Looks cool.

It's made from the monster you will have to slay in that chapter.

well, that and some leather and cloth as well, Cedric crafts it for ya

1stStrike said:

Pocket items - put them on quick selection slot in your inventory, during the fight hold Ctrl and select the given item, then press R. Daggers require a skill to be used.

Nekker hives -
make a Grapeshot bomb, approach the hive and press LMB when prompted. Do not throw the bomb at the hive, it won't work.
You learn all of this by studying Nekkers - NOT the journal entry, press C for Character Screen, then Enter. One of the tabs holds all the info on monsters.

jackdoe

Just got to Flotsam (my framerate didn't suddenly tank!) and I chuckled when I saw a rather important quest auto complete due to the save import.

Haha. Getting the silver sword from the Lady of the Lake automatically completes the Witcher's Silver Sword quest!

Animator

Luthos said:
Where can you get the hooded armor?

Without spoiling, I'd like to know how to get it or the recipe. Looks cool.

Its the kayran armor. I dont know where I got the diagram for it but the ingredients you will get once you kill the kayran.

Dina

Tokubetsu said:
Come on, I know some of y'all are already in Cha II.

Kind of hard to explain, but south-east of the whores camp is an open field with soldier getting attacked. Some corpses are near, and more following the riverbed west. Thing is, I've gotten 8/9 and can't for the life of me find the last.

FGMPR

Banned
Sober said:
I wish I could quicksave in real life!

It sounds like the plot for a 80's teen comedy classic. If only people quicksaved in their games back then..

I could of been the next John Hughes.

Erudite

It's so refreshing to finally play something that hearkens back to a traditional Western RPG. Plenty of loot for crafting/alchemy, playing on Hard actually poses a challenge rather than an exercise in frustration, a large talent tree with plenty of options, the list could go on.

7 hours in and I'm still in Chapter 1, and I still feel like I've got lots do accomplish before moving on. The chance to actually explore the forest and find hidden secrets is refreshing and exciting, as opposed to being funneled down what is a essentially a hallway, despite the fact that you're in the wilderness *looks at Dragon Age 2*.

I was a little worried at first as I found the prologue slow and boring- too much combat, lack of interesting dialogue, very little room to explore. However, once I got to Flotsam, things picked up rather quickly and now I'm hooked.

Luthos

Chesskid1 said:
soo.. witcher 2 is what we can expect next gen games to look like right? or is that incorrect?
Technically? I guess, I dunno.

But I still doubt most developers would have as good design as this game does.

Lime

I really cherish every single moment playing this game. Absolutely stunning. It's like the PC climate in the late 90's all over again.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
If I got the Steam version do I still have to download the Troll Trouble DLC through the in-game DLC system, or did Steam install it automatically? If I have to do it through the in-game DLC system, where can I find my preorder code?

edit: nvm, figured it out.

Chiggs

Gold Member
godhandiscen said:
If I got the Steam version do I still have to download the Troll Trouble DLC through the in-game DLC system, or did Steam install it automatically? If I have to do it through the in-game DLC system, where can I find my preorder code?

edit: nvm, figured it out.

How did you get Troll Trouble? The game won't let me register!

JoeBoy101

markot said:
Do you actually get to create stuff with the lumber, leather and crap you get >_<?

Take a look at the diagrams. There's a ton of shit you can make from armor to weapons to traps. Also, visit the blacksmith in town in Floatsam. Yeah, there's PLENTY you can create. Just with my little piddling around with the crafting, there seems to be a rather deep system in place for it. For example, I've already done some crafting for crafting resources and not actually an item, persay.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Chiggs said:
How did you get Troll Trouble? The game won't let me register!
I got past the registration just fine. If you can't register you cannot even access the download DLC option. I can't offer help with registration, sorry.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
markot said:
Do you actually get to create stuff with the lumber, leather and crap you get >_<?

I just crafted a sweet pair of armor with a lot of the leather and cloth I had been collecting. There seems to be a lot less junk this time around, or at least I'm actually using it this time. I barely bothered with potions and crafting in TW1 but I'm brewing shit up all the time in this one. So good.

One of my main goals in this game is to fornicate with every female that I possibly can... I will shattered if I miss one... therefore, I'm making sure that I do absolutely everything little thing that I can from everything little area.

Can someone give me a run down of who they f'd in Chapter 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom