• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings |OT| Plough 'Em All

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salaadin

Jenga said:
one thing, I actually used to hate dandalion's voice acting in witcher 1

in witcher 2, he either grew into the role, or maybe I just got used to it, but it sounds a shitload better and I really loved dandalion this time around

the journal really helped in that too
I think Dandelion got a new voice actor altogether for TW2.

Gully State said:
Wouldn't even be possible. CD Projeckt runs GoG as well. They're entrenched in digital distribution/publishing on the PC platform. EA buying CD Projeckt would completely dismantle GoG.

Or simply absorb it into the EA store policy. GoG's existance only makes CDProject more appealing to the industry's colossi. The games are negligible to them, but GoG is an estabilished channel with some cred. Acquiring it means expanding your market while dismantling a competitor.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
vilmer_ said:
Any tips for the Malena quest (cave part)? I'm getting absolutely bombarded by these asshats! I'm setting traps but it just becomes too much :(

Some may consider it AI abuse but, the Nekkars won't attack you at entrance of the cave. From there you can just spam bombs and kill a bunch of them while they're clumped.

I assume a legit way to beat would consists of a combination of traps, bombs, Quen, and using Axii on the warriors while you cut down the small ones.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Kyaw said:
Anyone made Vran armour? It comes way too late in Chapter 3... and you need 2k orens to craft it. :/

I will post screens if i get to it sometime this week/next week.

Yeah, I made it. Wanted to make screens, but was too busy with the game, forgot to do it. Looked boss.

VisanidethDM said:
Or simply absorb it into the EA store policy. GoG's existance only makes CDProject more appealing to the industry's colossi. The games are negligible to them, but GoG is an estabilished channel with some cred. Acquiring it means expanding your market while dismantling a competitor.

Dismantling them yes...but gaining cred for EA no...Also, the minute they buy GoG, they pretty much lose the whole GoG library. An EA owned DD portal offering Activision games would never happen.

Kyaw

How do i go about making 1080p gifs? Record game in 1080p and make gif from video?

It will take a while. Tell me which part and i shall do it.

I'm listening to this week's G4TV's Feedback episode and there's some good discussion with Witcher 2. Sessler and the guys were surprisingly very high on the conclusion which is contrary to what other reviewers have thought.

Minsc

Gold Member
Kyaw said:
Anyone made Vran armour? It comes way too late in Chapter 3... and you need 2k orens to craft it. :/

I will post screens if i get to it sometime this week/next week.

Is 2k orens a lot? Don't the saves from the OP start you with like 25,000? I was hoping stuff would get to the price range of close to 100,000.

DennisK4 said:
I would post 1920x1080 gifs if I had the game.

I posted some 1280x800 gifs in the Crysis 2 thread.

Have you ordered it yet? Waiting for proper drivers + patch?

elseanio

The fuck! I was playing and my mate told me to quit and get the patch. Now I can't play for another 2 hours! gah, thought it was just some fixes and optimization !

BeeDog

Just got home and noticed CDP enabled several pre-order DLC help addresses, so as to download the DLC manually. Does this mean one can simply get the URLs for all DLC's and get them to work? Has anyone tried it yet?

Echoplx

BeeDog said:
Just got home and noticed CDP enabled several pre-order DLC help addresses, so as to download the DLC manually. Does this mean one can simply get the URLs for all DLC's and get them to work? Has anyone tried it yet?

Links?

Van Buren

Snuggler said:
We do need TW3 asap, though. It seems that they were banking on a sequel and that they have a lot planned with saves carrying over to the next game, considering all the loose threads. I need it real soon or at least a meaty chapter 4 expansion, although that will have some people accusing them of selling an unfinished game.

I'm curious about what you'd want this hypothetical Chapter 4 to contain though. The loose threads deliberately left behind are worthy of being concluded over a couple of games at the very least. The last thing I'd want is for the entire situation to be resolved over the course of an expansion pack, since that would hardly do justice to these conflicts which figure quite prominently in the books. Unlike the first game with its relatively localized focus, the ending of the game raises the stakes to include International politics, and it reminds me of a book in an ongoing series. I'd be perfectly happy if each succeeding game focussed on one of the huge developments that occur at the end of the second game.

burgerdog

3chopl0x said:
Oh FFS Steam, it's because it changes files within the 10GB pack0.dzip file and Steam can't update within archives D:

It's like updating your apps on the iPhone/iPad, incredibly lame. So does that mean that we're going to have to download 10gigs every time there's a patch? Please say it ain't so!

Minsc

Gold Member
DennisK4 said:
Waiting.

Since I missed being part of the launch excitement, I figure I might as well let them fix the issues.

Ah, cool. Don't wait too long! :) With any luck CF will be fixed in another week or two, and the next official patch will wrap up any of the bigger issues. No matter how many screens you see, seeing it in motion on your PC is something else.

Echoplx

burgerdog said:
It's like updating your apps on the iPhone/iPad, incredibly lame. So does that mean that we're going to have to download 10gigs every time there's a patch? Please say it ain't so!

Seems likely :(

Max

I am not Max
3chopl0x said:
Oh FFS Steam, it's because it changes files within the 10GB pack0.dzip file and Steam can't update within archives D:
Completely stupid. What are they thinking

vilmer_

Pankaks said:
Some may consider it AI abuse but, the Nekkars won't attack you at entrance of the cave. From there you can just spam bombs and kill a bunch of them while they're clumped.

I assume a legit way to beat would consists of a combination of traps, bombs, Quen, and using Axii on the warriors while you cut down the small ones.

Awesome, I will have to try both of these methods ;)

JoeMartin

Holy fucking shit seriously steam? Gonna make me download 10 motherfucking gigs all over again?

Is there any way I can force it not to update?

WEGGLES

JoeMartin said:
Holy fucking shit seriously steam? Gonna make me download 10 motherfucking gigs all over again?

Is there any way I can force it not to update?
Rightclick game
Properties
Updates Tab

(within steam)

DennisK4 said:
10 GB huh? Must suck for those with slow internet and monthly download limits.....

*giggle*

No shit. SO glad I went retail on this game. Fucking caps :'{

Since I bought a retail copy in North America do I pick...

?

Okay CDProjekt. I'll download the whole game again. My accumulated goodwill towards you saved you this time, but next time you may not be so lucky.

I am simply waiting to get a new graphic card before playing Witcher II. My 250s can't play the game on medium without hitting under 20 FPS. Gr! I really want to play too! :'-(

My patch didn't go thorough on Steam. has this ever happened to anyone?

I quit out of the game to download the patch and it told me instantly that it had been updated. I was confused so I checked the downloads page and it downloaded 0 bytes/ 0 bytes.

I'm validating game files now to see if I can get it going again.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's going now.

WEGGLES

1stStrike said:
I'm running the retail version off the DVD's and got "Installed game version is invalid or complete" when attempting to install via the north american atari patcher. What the crap.
Guess we both need to re-install the game :[

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom