• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings |OT| Plough 'Em All

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very important question:

Does Triss react in anyway shape or form if Geralt ploughs someone else?

ENDING SPOILERS
I beat the game, Roche path, and went to rescue Triss at the end. Ploughed Ves but also promised Triss during the Rose of Rembrance Quest that I wanted to settle down with her or whatever. Anyway, during the rescue scenes Geralt mentions being close to Triss and calls her a friend but that's it. Wondering if it plays out differently if the rendezvous with Ves didn't happen.

JWong

Banned
Solo said:
Could be wrong, but I dont think its possible. At least not until the modders change that :lol
Yeah, it's not.

Modding her skin onto someone else isn't the same. She's the hottest in Witcher 2.

Van Buren

Sir Garbageman said:
Very important question:

Does Triss react in anyway shape or form if Geralt ploughs someone else?

ENDING SPOILERS
I beat the game, Roche path, and went to rescue Triss at the end. Ploughed Ves but also promised Triss during the Rose of Rembrance Quest that I wanted to settle down with her or whatever. Anyway, during the rescue scenes Geralt mentions being close to Triss and calls her a friend but that's it. Wondering if it plays out differently if the rendezvous with Ves didn't happen.

Spoilers for the entire game -
Nope, Geralt never discloses his ploughing activities to Triss, and there is no way for her to know about his time spent with Ves and the ladies of the night. Given his numerous exploits over the two games, it seems that ploughing random women when his lover is missing is a sensible course of option for him. He faces moral dilemmas over many other decisions, but funnily enough, not a single moment of introspection when it comes to ploughing.

Tokubetsu

Van Buren said:
Nope, Geralt never discloses his ploughing activities to Triss, and there is no way for her to know about his time spent with Ves and the ladies of the night. Given his numerous exploits over the two games, it seems that ploughing random women when his lover is missing is a sensible course of option for him. He faces moral dilemmas over many other decisions, but funnily enough, not a single moment of introspection when it comes to ploughing.

I think Triss and Geralt, dispite their love for each other, kind of have an agreement on that stuff. Their work and talents often take them away from each other.

Van Buren

Tokubetsu said:
I think Triss and Geralt, dispite their love for each other, kind of have an agreement on that stuff. Their work and talents often take them away from each other.

Spoilering just in case -
Regarding those two, I'm wondering what will happen when a certain someone is finally found.

Tokubetsu

Van Buren said:
Spoilering just in case -
Regarding those two, I'm wondering what will happen when a certain someone is finally found.

Well she has amnesia too so it'll be interesting to see how it plays out. Will she remember by time they have a reunion? Can't wait for future expansions/sequels!

Salaadin

Tokubetsu said:
Well she has amnesia too so it'll be interesting to see how it plays out. Will she remember by time they have a reunion? Can't wait for future expansions/sequels!

Geralt: Triss can you use the Rose of Rememberance to help bring Yens memory back as well?
Triss: Gotta go! *poof*

gokieks

Van Buren said:

Tokubetsu said:

The introspection is left up to the player. For example,
if Geralt declines Ves, he does so by saying something along the lines of him being occupied by other things, to which Ves asks whether he's referring to his work or Triss, and he will say it's both.

On a different note, does anyone happen to have a savefile from The Witcher where Geralt
sided with the Scoia'tael and romanced/entrusted Alvin to Shani
? I want to use such a savefile imported for another playthrough of 2, but I really don't feel like going replaying through TW1 from Ch. 3 onward, especially since I did a full replay of it right before TW2.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Just finished Witcher 1 and imported my save into W2. Really cool that my Raven armor and swords carried over, but hilarious that they are barely better than the 'rusty' equipment I start with. Hell just finding a cruddy Temerian sword in the Prologue was better than than badass sword the King gifted me in the last game.

Playing on Hard and having zero problems with the Prologue. It does require a bit of kiting and group separation, but no big problems at all so far. I agree that blocking/Vigor system is awkward(especially since rolling has no limitations), but whatever.

Gorgeous thus far. Love that this game starts merely a month after the first. I can't imagine newcomers getting a good bearing on the narrative or events without knowledge of the first, but I am glad to have forced myself to finish W1 first.

Decay24

Neo Member
gokieks said:
if Geralt declines Ves, he does so by saying something along the lines of him being occupied by other things, to which Ves asks whether he's referring to his work or Triss, and he will say it's both.

On a different note, does anyone happen to have a savefile from The Witcher where Geralt
? I want to use such a savefile imported for another playthrough of 2, but I really don't feel like going replaying through TW1 from Ch. 3 onward, especially since I did a full replay of it right before TW2.

I have that file, would you like me to upload it?

gokieks

Decay24 said:
I have that file, would you like me to upload it?

If you could, that would be much appreciated. I think the save files are pretty big but can be compressed pretty well, so putting it in an archive would probably make it quite a bit smaller.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Solo said:
Group finishers are boss.

I kinda don't like them at all, so jarring and wierd tbh. Also pre-canned animation scenes like that are kinda bummer :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
New armor + gloves! God I love the small details on every single piece of equipment... simply amazing! My character is definitely more "ompf" right now~

bAKxT.jpg

zer0das

Banned
gokieks said:

I do... I don't think it makes any difference at all though.

Check your PMs for the link.

Solo

Texture detail in the game is insane. Even more impressive is how many unique pieces of armor/weaponry/human faces there are. I said goddamn. The bar has been raised.

Come at The Witcher 2, future RPG bros.

Kyaw

Anyone made Vran armour? It comes way too late in Chapter 3... and you need 2k orens to craft it. :/

I will post screens if i get to it sometime this week/next week.

syoaran

Tokubetsu said:

Thats how I interpreted it in the first game at least. Didn't Triss clearly state in the 1st game that she could read minds?

Van Buren

Solo said:
Texture detail in the game is insane. Even more impressive is how many unique pieces of armor/weaponry/human faces there are. I said goddamn.

The best part is that the unparalleled texture detail is fully made use of by the convincing armor and weapon aesthetics. The swords in the game are a thing of beauty, and I like the armor designs which seem to carry a book. Everything just feels grounded in reality; it's refreshing after the outlandish/bland Dragon Age weapon and armor designs, for a recent comparison.

Salaadin

Patch coming soon:

Server maintenance
May 26, 2011, 9:11 p.m.

Currently the patch servers are being updated with the new patch version 1.1. As soon as the servers are back online you will be able to download the latest patch. Your patience is appreciated and we will inform you as soon as the patch servers are back online.

FJ0372

Guys I'm on the
Kayman
in the first chapter and I'm playing in hard I'm level 7 and haven't bought anything but the Witchers sword can you recommend what I should do? level up? get new armor? Thanks

Tokubetsu

syoaran said:
Thats how I interpreted it in the first game at least. Didn't Triss clearly state in the 1st game that she could read minds?

Yeah, she can read minds. Sorceresses are ridiculously powerful in this world. I have no idea how they actually get caught and punished.

Kyaw

Van Buren said:
The best part is that the unparalleled texture detail is fully made use of by the convincing armor and weapon aesthetics. The swords in the game are a thing of beauty, and I like the armor designs which seem to carry a book. Everything just feels grounded in reality; it's refreshing after the outlandish/bland Dragon Age weapon and armor designs, for a recent comparison.

I hated the look of the crazy armour designs from WoW and the upcoming SWTOR.

They just look so... crazy and spiky.

FJ0372 said:
Guys I'm on the
Kayman
in the first chapter and I'm playing in hard I'm level 7 and haven't bought anything but the Witchers sword can you recommend what I should do? level up? get new armor? Thanks

For future reference with regards to spoilers it's [ spoiler] xxxxx [ /spoiler] without the spaces in front.

Anyway, I would recommend picking up some sidequests around Flotsam and explore the surrounding areas. Loot everything you find and get some formulas for decent bombs / potions, brew some up and away you go.

Van Buren

FJ0372 said:
Guys I'm on the
Kayman

Do all the side quests since you need all the extra talent points that you can get initially. Regarding Armor, it's a waste to buy anything at that point since that fight will give you the materials needed for a new one. There are at least two side quests related to that fight that make it easier. Do them - helps on hard.

Kyaw said:
I hated the look of the crazy armour designs from WoW and the upcoming SWTOR.

They just look so... crazy and spiky.
WoW is probably one of the bigger offenders when it comes to wtf armor designs, but then again, it is an mmo. There's no excuse for stuff like the uninspired mage robes one is stuck with in DAO though.

syoaran

Tokubetsu said:
Yeah, she can read minds. Sorceresses are ridiculously powerful in this world. I have no idea how they actually get caught and punished.

Different ones have different powers. But both games show that they can't use a lot of their spells in a short period of time, and the more devastating ones take a lot of prep. The only deux ex machina device is the teleportation

Kyaw

The way i see it, CDPR can only go uphill from now on.

Witcher 3 will be bigger, better and [insert another b-word here].

Corky

Kyaw said:

Buoyant?
Burgeoning?
Bulgarian?! Dear god tell me the answer!

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Solo said:
Texture detail in the game is insane. Even more impressive is how many unique pieces of armor/weaponry/human faces there are. I said goddamn. The bar has been raised.

Come at The Witcher 2, future RPG bros.

Compared to Witcher 1, i guess that's quite an achievement lol... i think there was less than 10 different faces for common people and merchants in Witcher 1. It's crazy how many times i saw that fat rich dude and that old poor guy model, they were even used for secondary characters like Levaarden or whatever his name was.

Salaadin

Kyaw said:

I dont even want to think about the Witcher 3. If it shows the same level of improvement, my heart, my PC, and my erection wouldnt be able to handle it.

Corky

Kyaw said:
Boobilicious? [That's not even a proper word]

Look at him flaunting his english skills while being modest and all , of course it's a proper word!

Lime said:
Bought out by EA and become EA Poland?

Wouldn't even be possible. CD Projeckt runs GoG as well. They're entrenched in digital distribution/publishing on the PC platform. EA buying CD Projeckt would completely dismantle GoG.

Jenga

Banned
Tokubetsu said:
good thing I decided to keep it a friendship back in witcher 1 :)

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Lime said:
Bought out by EA and become EA Poland?

BAN HIM NOW

I do fear for this. It seems like it's only a matter of time before BIG LUMBER stumbles across our secret forest sanctuary. It's a harsh world, man.

We do need TW3 asap, though. It seems that they were banking on a sequel and that they have a lot planned with saves carrying over to the next game, considering all the loose threads. I need it real soon or at least a meaty chapter 4 expansion, although that will have some people accusing them of selling an unfinished game.

vilmer_

Any tips for the Malena quest (cave part)? I'm getting absolutely bombarded by these asshats! I'm setting traps but it just becomes too much :(

Jenga

Banned
one thing, I actually used to hate dandalion's voice acting in witcher 1

in witcher 2, he either grew into the role, or maybe I just got used to it, but it sounds a shitload better and I really loved dandalion this time around

the journal really helped in that too

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Jenga said:
one thing, I actually used to hate dandalion's voice acting in witcher 1

in witcher 2, he either grew into the role, or maybe I just got used to it, but it sounds a shitload better and I really loved dandalion this time around

New actor, I believe. He was a much better fit for the role, the actor in TW1 sounded like a lobotomy patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom