• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings |OT| Plough 'Em All

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerk

Banned
MrHicks said:
how the fuck is this game's budget allot less then say dragon age 2?
looking at it you'd think the opposite

Lower wages/salaries and costs in that part of the world.

Also, Red seems to be a lot better at managing their resources.

Stahsky said:
Someone needs to make a Witcher 2 talent calculator!

Someone needs to make a character editor too.

MrHicks

Banned
Jerk said:
Lower wages/salaries and costs in that part of the world.

Also, Red seems to be a lot better at managing their resources.

Someone needs to make a character editor too.

just how much do bioware devs get paid then WTF?

Chichikov

Quick question (sorry if asked, searched etc.) -
Is it worth importing saves?
It will a bit of a hassle for me (new machine) and I want to figure out if I should bother; I really couldn't find anything on the web.

Kyaw

The TW1 saves are in the OP, man!

It's not a hassle. You just need to place them inside My Documents like so:

My Documents > The Witcher > Saves > [actual save files]

Jerk

Banned
Chichikov said:
Quick question (sorry if asked, searched etc.) -
Is it worth importing saves?
It will a bit of a hassle for me (new machine) and I want to figure out if I should bother; I really couldn't find anything on the web.

It is nice, but not necessary.

You need not reinstall the game to import the saves. Hell, you can use the prepackaged ones in the op.

Chichikov

Kyaw said:
The TW1 saves are in the OP, man!

It's not a hassle. You just need to place them inside My Documents like so:

My Documents > The Witcher > Saves > [actual save files]
It's a hassle as I already started to cannibalize my old machine.
I was looking for a list of things/decisions imported, but fuck it, you guys are right, I'll import the saves.

p.s.
The game is GORGEOUS.

Chichikov

Kyaw said:
I thought you meant it was a hassle to download the file and putting it in My Documents. :p
Nah, I just recently upgraded my PC from Master Race to Übermensch in anticipation for this game and BF3, and I forgot to port my old Witcher saves.
Speaking of which, is there some way to figure out what was imported?
It's been a while since I've played the original and I can barely remember what the fuck I was doing in those saves.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Damn, I just found a huge area in Floatsam's forest which I overlooked on my first walkthrough. There's a bandit's hut but it needsa key. I killed all bandits nearby, but didn't find the key on them. Where it is?

Also the game definitely rocks on hard. I might lower it for bosses but it's a sweet spot for a second walkthrough. I'm doing an alchemist patch and I have to use all my arsenal - magical and crafted - to kill enemies. Sword is like 30% of combat. Red Haze rocks. I enjoy playing off enemies and then stun bithces with Zerrican sun, finish one of them with a finisher and destroy others with sword and magic combo.

scy

I just thought of something. Do they ever explain the assassin from the end of The Witcher? At the end of the game,
Letho mentions that it was just the three of them that were involved for killing the Kings and the whole Foltest plot is unrelated to Sile's. So ... who sent this first Witcher Assassin? Or is it to just be assumed that the Emperor sent a random Witcher to try before hiring Letho?

delirium

subversus said:
Damn, I just found a huge area in Floatsam's forest which I overlooked on my first walkthrough. There's a bandit's hut but it needsa key. I killed all bandits nearby, but didn't find the key on them. Where it is?

Also the game definitely rocks on hard. I might lower it for bosses but it's a sweet spot for a second walkthrough. I'm doing an alchemist patch and I have to use all my arsenal - magical and crafted - to kill enemies. Sword is like 30% of combat. Red Haze rocks. I enjoy playing off enemies and then stun bithces with Zerrican sun, finish one of them with a finisher and destroy others with sword and magic combo.
The key is
found in Dmitri's body. It's part of a quest, I don't remember which one.

EDIT: I remember the quest now.
If you look for the troll's wife, it will eventually lead to Dmitri and you have to kill him for the key

subversus

delirium said:
EDIT: I remember the quest now.
If you look for the troll's wife, it will eventually lead to Dmitri and you have to kill him for the key

shit, Troll DLC doesn't work for me even with the patch and workaround. I'll try to make it work nonetheless.

Varna

Enkidu said:
It's definitely too easy, yes, but I don't see what's so terrible about it?

Should be a little difficult. Especially when going up against the tougher opponents. Fist fighting is too easy as well. I don't think I ever got hit.

Exuro

Both arm wrestling and fist fighting are a little too easy. Would be nice to bump up the difficulty on both. Fist fighting should be a little quicker and possibly add a third button press.

Rahxephon91 said:
I'm just going to shelf this game for right now. It's too awesome, but my computer can not run it. I don't want to ruin the game so I'm just going to wait until I can upgrade my computer. But I did play the opening with crappy framerate and all and it was just amazing. The part where you walk around before the attack was just breathtaking.

what specs do you have? I had unplayable framerates at first, but ended up very happy with both quality and framerate on i7 NVidia 460M graphics so you dont have to have super expensive system. I am now happy because I can play smooth at 1080p with only a few options downgraded from "High"

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Exuro said:
Both arm wrestling and fist fighting are a little too easy. Would be nice to bump up the difficulty on both. Fist fighting should be a little quicker and possibly add a third button press.

The one in chapter 3 was tough.

Exuro

Yurt said:
Well I'm not sure if you can beat that guy the first time around. Other than that though, all of them are easy. :p

Did anyone else laugh out loud at what Geralt says when
you choose dandelion to go into the Succubus' lair?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
This game seems hard! I just came up to the monastery in the prologue and there are like 5-6 guys. The king is on the other side of the fence, so I have to deal with these guys all on my own. Maybe I should be trying bombs and stuff.

Y2Kev said:
This game seems hard! I just came up to the monastery in the prologue and there are like 5-6 guys. The king is on the other side of the fence, so I have to deal with these guys all on my own. Maybe I should be trying bombs and stuff.

So far it is pretty tough for me. I just spam Quen as much as possible and hack n' slash. I'm pretty sure I'm doing it wrong though...

Acidote

HowardRoark said:
So far it is pretty tough for me. I just spam Quen as much as possible and hack n' slash. I'm pretty sure I'm doing it wrong though...

The Quen part is OK. The hack n' slash is horribly wrong :p

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Exuro said:
Well I'm not sure if you can beat that guy the first time around. Other than that though, all of them are easy. :p

Did anyone else laugh out loud at what Geralt says when
you choose dandelion to go into the Succubus' lair?

You mean I can beat him if I try again ?

And that was probably my favorite moment in the game lol. The dwarves are hilarious too. especially the one with the weird neck.

Keikoku

Banned
What succubus ? Man I feel like I missed a lot of things during my first playthrough. Too bad I have my final exams coming so I won't be able to replay it right now :(
Who am I kidding, I'm going to restart it now.

Yurt said:
Not if
you buy and use the steroids that his apprentice is supplying him with.

Keikoku said:
What succubus ? Man I feel like I missed a lot of things during my first playthrough.
If you went the Roche path like I did you didn't have that quest.

Exuro

Keikoku said:
What succubus ? Man I feel like I missed a lot of things during my first playthrough. Too bad I have my final exams coming so I won't be able to replay it right now :(
Who am I kidding, I'm going to restart it now.
You miss nearly a 1/3-1/2 of the game on one playthrough with the altered Act 2 and slightly altered act 3 plus side quests you may have missed. If you went with Roche then you didn't go to Vergen for your "quest hub" which includes the Succubus quest. Going with Roche sends you to Henselts camp which has completely different quests. It's pretty cool, sort of MMOish in terms of factions.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
On on my 2nd playthrough now, siding with Roche. Wow I gotta say, Chapter 2 with Roche is boring and everyone surrounding me is not even half as cool as the dwarves.

Not if

WHAT. haha that's awesome.

subversus

Y2Kev said:

roll, parry and USE SIGNS. Use yrden against shielded enemies, use aard and igni against fast ones. Also quen helps, but it's overpowered when upgraded. You'll be able to use bombs in chapter 1. Also don't get yourself surrounded by enemies.

Darklord

Banned
Err, how do I do the ritual
for Sabrina's curse in chapter 2? It needs to be a the right order but theres like 10 steps I need to get right. What the hell is the order? It never says anything.

Jay Shadow said:
Not if

If you
accuse him of juicing, when you arm wrestle him again it will be pitifully easy without taking steroids yourself.

Darklord said:
Err, how do I do the ritual
for Sabrina's curse in chapter 2? It needs to be a the right order but theres like 10 steps I need to get right. What the hell is the order? It never says anything.

IIRC
you're talking about the part where you stand on the hill and tell Foltest what to do? Check your inventory for the book Dethmold gives you and have him walk the path as drawn in the book.

EDIT: I should mention that I thought the game was bugged a little bit here, as
the book he gives you is a Quest Item, but it wasn't listed under the Quest Item tab. Check under the Book tab for it.

Exuro

I just noticed that they never "revealed" the last character on the website despite the game already being out. Wonder who it's suppose to be. I'm guessing Saskia.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Before getting in my first arm wrestling, I read somewhere on the net that it was terribly hard for kb+mouse players. For my first few tries, I did find it like that. The icon (that needs to be kept in the designated space) is weirdly sensitive and sluggish at the same time. It doesnt move initially and then it moves at a breakneck pace. But if one is really slow and patient with it while moving mouse, it becomes really easy. Now I beat each and all without any trouble.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Coldsnap said:
can you plough Ves? I'm out of Flotsam and in the camp

Yea you can. In Chapter 2. But only if you
do the Ave Henselt! quest. She will challenge you to a duel and once you win, go to her tent and if you talk right, she is yours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom