• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings |OT| Plough 'Em All

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyaw said:
WTFisthisshit.jpg

Are you even recalling the story correctly? o_O

http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Granica_możliwości

Yennefer then unexpectedly turns on the Reavers and the dwarves, telling them that they had better high-tail it out of there as well and threatens to geld them all with a spell if they don't comply. The sorceress is not quite as attentive as she should be and Yarpen manages to knock her momentarily senseless with a metal ball to the forehead. While Yennefer is disoriented, the Reavers pounce on her and bind her hands (including, especially her fingers!) with rope and then gag her to make sure she can't use magic against them.

Boholt then takes the opportunity to rip open her blouse and fondle her breasts as she tries in vain to protest. She then ends up also lashed to a wagon wheel, next to the witcher and in full view of the bard. Dandelion, true to his nature seems more concerned at that point with staring at the sorceress' breasts which have been conveniently left exposed.

The audio mix on this game is really bad. Sometimes characters speak really quietly, AND OTHER TIMES THEY'RE REALLY LOUD.

It means you can't just fiddle with the audio settings in the options, I'm constantly turning the game up or down.

Foliorum Viridum said:
The audio mix on this game is really bad. Sometimes characters speak really quietly, AND OTHER TIMES THEY'RE REALLY LOUD.

It means you can't just fiddle with the audio settings in the options, I'm constantly turning the game up or down.

Might not be the case for you, but I have a 5.1 soundcard which is hooked up to a stereo output, and I've found that a lot of games don't check the jacks and just turn on 5.1 because you have support for it. That messes up the audio mix totally for obvious reasons, so I have to disable all 5.1 to prevent it.

jim-jam bongs said:
End of the game spoiler:

Yennefer is actually seconds away from being raped when Geralt meets Saskia's dad if I recall the story correctly.
And you meet those responsible at the beginning of Witcher 2, outside of Geralt and Triss's tent, which starts the Melitele's Heart quest.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Jay Shadow said:
And you meet those responsible at the beginning of Witcher 2, outside of Geralt and Triss's tent, which starts the Melitele's Heart quest.

yeah, I met them on my third playthrough and laughed when I learned who they are. This story was quite good by the way.

Damn, "Sword of Destiny" stories had so much promise for the future of the series and then he ruined it with novellas.

Salaadin

I love reading the short stories and suddenly picking up on a connection made during the game or vice versa. One of the stories in Sword of Destiny was full of them. I really wish that whole thing would be translated already :(

SmokyDave

Goddamn GAF, this game is amazing. Why didn't someone tell me before!

Finished chapter 1 over the weekend and now I'm cancelling all my evening plans this week so I can get some serious playtime in. Loving the story, controls (on 360 pad), the combat, well, everything really. Runs like a dream on medium settings and looks so good that I've not been tempted to bump the settings up at all. Great stuff, probably my GoTY so far.

rakhir

Acidote said:
The more you read, the worse it becomes. Each book is worse than it predecesor. The last one with
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Ciri, Lady of the Lake xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
was absolutely delusional...

Certainly not a quality read, there are way better things around.
You're very wrong there, sir. Books are really awesome, despite the fact that Sapkowski over-complicates the narrative in the later books.

In what language you've read them? I suspect they lose a lot of the quality after the transalation.

Chinner

Banned
SmokyDave said:
Goddamn GAF, this game is amazing. Why didn't someone tell me before!

Finished chapter 1 over the weekend and now I'm cancelling all my evening plans this week so I can get some serious playtime in. Loving the story, controls (on 360 pad), the combat, well, everything really. Runs like a dream on medium settings and looks so good that I've not been tempted to bump the settings up at all. Great stuff, probably my GoTY so far.
did you plough triss????

Acidote

rakhir said:
You're very wrong there, sir. Books are really awesome, despite the fact that Sapkowski over-complicates the narrative in the later books.

In what language you've read them? I suspect they lose a lot of the quality after the transalation.

English, but it's not only a matter of quality of the narrative. It's like Sapkowski didn't know what to do with the saga, and thus -> Lady of the Lake.

The saga starts very well and goes downhill.

rakhir

Acidote said:
English, but it's not only a matter of quality of the narrative. It's like Sapkowski didn't know what to do with the saga, and thus -> Lady of the Lake.

The saga starts very well and goes downhill.
That's weird, i didn't know they've translated the whole saga in english.

Probably the main problem is the differences with what the readers wanted from the saga and what author wrote. Saga took a turn
in the third book
and focused more on
Ciri and other characters, while Geralt pretty much whined and did nothing important till the end.

I find it very funny to see how AS played with the tropes of fantasy series such as this - especially the whole
main hero gathers the party and saves the girl part

Chinner

Banned
SmokyDave said:
In the
rose garden bath thingy
?

Fuck yeah. Chick's tasty for a sorceress.
after triss, it's hard to look at any women now and be excited.

and witcher 2 owns, who you siding with?

SmokyDave

Chinner said:
after triss, it's hard to look at any women now and be excited.

and witcher 2 owns, who you siding with?
That Sile was fairly tasty too. Some good looking women in that kingdom.

I sided with Roche. I owe him my freedom so I'll stand by his side.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Okay, so I think I'm nearing my attempt at a third playthrough. How's Dark mode? It isn't like Hardcore mode is it? No one death and restart? I'm willing to give it a shot if not.

I tried the Arena for like 10 minutes. Seemed cool, but I totally forgot how to play the game and got owned.

Acidote

Vasilisk said:

Not bluffing. I remember reading it in english (as Jaskier was named Dandelion, but maybe I didn't read the whole saga in English and I'm mistaken, it's been a while).

And yes, my main concern comes from the saga turning from
the saga of Geralt to the saga of Ciri. In fact, to the saga of somebody else reading and dreaming of the saga of Ciri time/traveling while she sees a fisherman from her window, right after thinking of some paintings who may or may not be a truesome depiction of certain characters.

A bit jumpy, aren't we?

Solo

Chinner said:
so triss and yennifer are both sluts thats it i'm making geralt in a straight edge man.

Not sluts, but they believe in sharing the love. Basically they are the original hippies.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of the story with the Witcher games,
I can't wait to see more of the wild hunt beginning their invasion when the humans fuck up for the big war that will soon begin. To me, the stage for setting the wild hunt and the "sci fi" aspects of the story can be marvellous if executed right

rakhir

Acidote said:
Not bluffing. I remember reading it in english (as Jaskier was named Dandelion, but maybe I didn't read the whole saga in English and I'm mistaken, it's been a while).

And yes, my main concern comes from the saga turning from
the saga of Geralt to the saga of Ciri. In fact, to the saga of somebody else reading and dreaming of the saga of Ciri time/traveling while she sees a fisherman from her window

A bit jumpy, aren't we?
That's the overcomplications i've talked about, but you must also remember that the part with
the two sorceresses in the tower on the lake is crucial later on in the book, when Ciri jumps all over the planes.
There are part when he introduces new characters just to spice up the narration, but it all works very well.

ZombieFred said:
Speaking of the story with the Witcher games,
I can't wait to see more of the wild hunt beginning their invasion when the humans fuck up for the big war that will soon begin. To me, the stage for setting the wild hunt and the "sci fi" aspects of the story can be marvellous if executed right
That whole concept is straight from the books - there's some interesting bits about
the elves from other planes in there.
But, to be honest,i don't know if the elves will 'invade' per se, as they've lost their only way to do that.

Solo

Have CDPR ever stated that this will be a trilogy? Or do they just intend to keep making Witcher games as long as there's a story to tell and an audience to buy it?

Solo

Thats what I was thinking but I wanted to be sure. Im guessing that Part 3 will have a heavy focus on The Wild Hunt.

Chinner

Banned
who cares about the great war 2 or the wild hunt, we all know they're going to make us choose between triss and yennifer.

triss

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Chinner said:
who cares about the great war 2 or the wild hunt, we all know they're going to make us choose between triss and yennifer.

triss

You guys are the Pony-GAF of gamingside...

Yes I said it.

Chinner

Banned
no bronies literally wnat to have sex with shycloud the pony or whatever, we're all being pretty ironic and beta. i guess you just dont 'get it'.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Chinner said:
you just dont 'get it'.

usTvu.jpg

Acidote

rakhir said:
That whole concept is straight from the books - there's some interesting bits about
the elves from other planes in there.
But, to be honest,i don't know if the elves will 'invade' per se, as they've lost their only way to do that.

I must admit I had a laugh with the
Aen Seidhe (or were they Aen Elle?) almost-pedophile "coke"-snorting prince. That was some depressing shit there. So altive they were, the useless bunch.

Salaadin

Solo said:
Thats what I was thinking but I wanted to be sure. Im guessing that Part 3 will have a heavy focus on The Wild Hunt.

I hope so. I want to see more of that.

I hope CDPR lets us know the direction they will be taking soon. We probably wont hear anything until after the 360 version hits but Im so curious if they will be doing a full blown sequel right away or start with DLC expansions...maybe something similar to DA:Awakening.

rakhir

Acidote said:
I must admit I had a laugh with the
Aen Seidhe (or were they Aen Elle?) almost-pedophile "coke"-snorting prince. That was some depressing shit there. So altive they were, the useless bunch.
They were arrogant, cruel and merciless - i hated them. Can't see how they would show up in the game, though.

How would you guys like small DLCs based on the short stories or happening at that time? That would be kinda cool, with the world before the war and slightly younger Geralt.
I don't know how they could do good dlc that continues the story, so that idea would be best.

Dennis

Banned
Chinner said:
no bronies literally wnat to have sex with shycloud the pony or whatever, we're all being pretty ironic and beta. i guess you just dont 'get it'.
Her name is Fluttershy and she is my waifu.

Acidote

rakhir said:
They were arrogant, cruel and merciless - i hated them. Can't see how they would show up in the game, though.

They already have. Sort-of. The elf that gave the elf-king the drug overdose is The King of the Wild Hunt in the human world/plane, and his Red Horsemen are The Wild Hunt itself.

quick-edit: wiki article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom