• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings |OT| Plough 'Em All

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallach

Salaadin said:
Yeah race is huge in this game. I feel bad for the dwarves which is weird since I usually hate that race in every game (Screw you dragon age!).

Suck a Dwarf cock. Dwarves are the best.

Salaadin

Wallach said:
Suck a Dwarf cock. Dwarves are the best.
Only in the Witcher. I hate them in any other game. Theyre just terrible.
"Oooh look at us with our beards and we drink and build shit and we are little"

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Kyaw said:
Yes, Flotsam. You get the quest on the platforms near the water.

hm, I ended it by
threatening the shop owner
both times. The dude on the platform is repulsive.

FGMPR

Banned
Salaadin said:
Only in the Witcher. I hate them in any other game. Theyre just terrible.
"Oooh look at us with our beards and we drink and build shit and we are little"

I felt that the dwarf in Dragon Age II was the only thing going for the game.

Wallach

FGMPR said:

It wasn't any different in DA either; take Dwarves out of that game and it's pretty much worthless. Not that it was good to begin with, but at least the two Dwarf origin stories were okay.

Salaadin

FGMPR said:
That's true. I liked him too. I wasn't crazy about any if the others in that series though. I also hated orzamar

FGMPR

Banned
Wallach said:
It wasn't any different in DA either; take Dwarves out of that game and it's pretty much worthless. Not that it was good to begin with, but at least the two Dwarf origin stories were okay.

Yeah well, at least DA1's combat system reminded me of (the vastly superior) Baldurs Gate. DA2 had a neat dwarf and that was it.

Kyaw

subversus said:
hm, I ended it by
threatening the shop owner
both times. The dude on the platform is repulsive.

Well, you should have
gone to the guy's 'labs' and fucked shit up there.
That's the correct way to do the quest!

Tomodachi

I can't believe I'm stuck at the prologue. I still have no feeling at all with this game, combat and controls are still giving me a headache (normal difficulty). It's me, right?

So, I just met Roche and then a dragon comes storming and spits fire at me and I just die in a matter of seconds, am I missing out something here?

I kind of love the game when everything works out fine, though.

Salaadin

Tomodachi said:
I can't believe I'm stuck at the prologue. I still have no feeling at all with this game, combat and controls are still giving me a headache (normal difficulty). It's me, right?

So, I just met Roche and then a dragon comes storming and spits fire at me and I just die in a matter of seconds, am I missing out something here?

I kind of love the game when everything works out fine, though.

Run into the tunnels on the sides, use Quen. Kill the enemies and use Quen a second time as soon as the first one wears off.

Solo

Tomodachi said:

Yes, its you. Whoreson!

Exuro

Also, make sure the part of the tunnel you're in isn't charred black as the fire will seep through. You need to look outside and when the dragon goes under the bridge you can go to the next tunnel else you'll burn to a crisp.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
The Witcher 2 wins alone for having Vernon Roche, the best created RPG character in a long time. The mission where you
storm Loredo's house
and all related to it is one of the finest experiences in gaming you can get. Come on, you're playing with a bad ass medievil sas man who's loyal to his men and delivers to his convictions.

rochegifkq9b.gif

Roche is such a cunt. Last night I got to the point where I had to pick
whether to align myself with him or the elf and I picked the elf.

I haven't yet done that mission, it's the first thing I'll do when I play it in a little while, so no spoilers about that please. I just wanted to show how much I hate Roche.

Salaadin

ZombieFred said:
The Witcher 2 wins alone for having Vernon Roche, the best created RPG character in a long time. The mission where you
storm Loredo's house
and all related to it is one of the finest experiences in gaming you can get. Come on, you're playing with a bad ass medievil sas man who's loyal to his men and delivers to his convictions.

http://h4.abload.de/img/rochegifkq9b.gif

I love that gif. Roche is such a badass.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Solo said:
The best GIF in the history of GIFs.

Roche needs to play a MAJOR role on Part 3.

I think with how Witcher 2 ends, how the choices branch, it does seem CD have the flexibility to do that. I hope so because I want my journey to continue with him and his awesome, "I'm going to slice your balls off, I deal in spices" attitude.

Salaadin

ZombieFred said:
I think with how Witcher 2 ends, how the choices branch, it does seem CD have the flexibility to do that. I hope so because I want my journey to continue with him and his awesome, "I'm going to slice your balls off, I deal in spices" attitude.

LOL

I hope the next game carries the actions of TW2 more than TW2 did with TW1.

Red

Tomodachi said:
Mmmkey, thanks everyone, sometimes I burst to flame even if I'm inside the wooden tunnels but I'll try using the Quen sign too :D
Just hurry through. You need to get to the end as fast as possible.

Salaadin

Solo said:
What a weird section to have trouble with. I never died once there.
I chose that area first on my very first playthrough where I didnt know jack about the controls and I got hammered so hard there. I think 5 deaths before I realized what to do.

Exuro

Foliorum Viridum said:
Roche is such a cunt. Last night I got to the point where I had to pick
whether to align myself with him or the elf and I picked the elf.

I haven't yet done that mission, it's the first thing I'll do when I play it in a little while, so no spoilers about that please. I just wanted to show how much I hate Roche.
Just know that you'll miss out on quests depending on who you side with, so you may not see some of the gifs/events we're showing.

Also, Roche for life. Bros forever.

Solo

Interesting. I chose the section where you climb down the wall, fight a few waves of baddies and open gates for Foltest first. And yeah, I died a lot there. But not once during the dragon bit.

Salaadin

Solo said:
Interesting. I chose the section where you climb down the wall, fight a few waves of baddies and open gates for Foltest first. And yeah, I died a lot there. But not once during the dragon bit.

The dragon section isnt the best part to learn the controls. I was literally standing in the tunnels trying to figure shit out while the dragon was toasting me from above. I was still in "what does this button do!" mode and the dragon wasnt having any of that.

Wallach

Solo said:

I died on that dragon bit once when I first played through the prologue before 2.0. I have no idea why, either. After I went into the second little covered thing, I ran up and went to hit one of the two guys you aggro when running in there and just died. If it was the fire, it wasn't very fiery. It worked fine the next time I tried it.

Red

Yeah you can get burned up or just die unless you get through there pretty fast. That's the one part of the game where feedback isn't properly communicated, and it can be frustrating because you don't know what you're doing wrong.

Just run through, kill the guys, and get inside. Don't stop.

Salaadin

Solo said:
Without a doubt the place in the game I died most was the first Letho fight on my first playthrough.

I actually got him my 2nd try. My hardest fight was the Operator. Before that, my biggest difficulty came from the Spider Queen. That was embarrassing. A monster slayer that cant even kill a monster.

Red

Is the Operator
the dude who lets you respec
? If so I tried him once, died in two seconds, said fuck it and didn't try again.

Salaadin

Crunched said:
Is the Operator
the dude who lets you respec
? If so I tried him once, died in two seconds, said fuck it and didn't try again.
Yes.

I didnt want
to respec
so I just went all out on him. I swear, I fought him 20 times.

Kyaw

I died the most in the 'Court yard' fight with Foltest at the gates and Letho fight.

I think i died a fair few times with the last boss.
Oh and the Nekker contract at Flotsam. I didn't know i had to put the bombs at first, so the nekkers kept spawning and shit ><

RedSwirl

ZombieFred said:
storm Loredo's house

http://h4.abload.de/img/rochegifkq9b.gif

The dude is basically a 13th century Captain Price.

Jin

ZombieFred said:
storm Loredo's house

gif[/QUOTE]

The subtitle really makes this scene even better.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Foliorum Viridum said:
Act 2 isn't grabbing me yet. Act 1 was definitely a hard act to follow.

Roach or Iorveth? Personally, Act 2 of the Iorveth path is my favorite part of the game. I loved Vergen and the hilarious dwarfs that populate it.

Hadoken said:
The subtitle really makes this scene even better.

Bwahaha, I never noticed that. Amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom