• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings |OT| Plough 'Em All

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis

Banned
Dark is very hard indeed. Common soldiers are deadly as soon as their is more than one of them. You get swarmed by 3-4 guys with little room to move and 2-3 slashes your dead.

I am guessing the first boss will drive me insane.

Kyaw

Foliorum Viridum said:
Is there anything more satisfying than
slicing those bandits after one called Triss a cunt? God it felt good!
I am really impressed by just how much they've made me care about Triss - you'd have to be a heartless bastard to not be invested in her and Geralt's relationship. I feel that the sex scenes are completely justified in this game.

So I've just go the point where
we've picked the rose in an attempt to get my memory back
and I'm just absolutely loving it. Miles ahead of the original, easily. There's literally nothing that was better in the first game.

Your mind will be blown multiple times later on. :)

DennisK4 said:
Dark is very hard indeed. Common soldiers are deadly as soon as their is more than one of them. You get swarmed by 3-4 guys with little room to move and 2-3 slashes your dead.

Yup... GLHF.

DennisK4 said:

The second boss will, the first boss is a God of War fight.

Wallach

DennisK4 said:

The things I quickly learned going through the prologue on Dark were:

- Use Quen when a fight is about to start, and again if you're about to eat dirt.
- Roll around like an idiot all the time.
- The long range light attack lunge/leap/spin whatever is really powerful.

I'd often run around and draw them out from each other, use the light attack from long range to get the lunge-ish version, then keep running/rolling to draw them out and keep them moving if there was a few around. Aard/Yrden the shield cocksuckers until you can deal with them without a group.

DennisK4 said:

Just wait till the second boss. If you make it pass that area you will be a god among men.

Salaadin said:
I think theyre both going to be a pain for different reasons.

I dunno, the first one is pretty easy to finish without taking any damage once you know what's up, it's more of an exercise in learning and executing an attack pattern successfully.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
On Dark here, so I couldn't pass Flotsam on normal, so had to put it on easy. How the hell am I supposed to do this on Dark? One little Nekker will tear my asshole to shreds.

Wallach

Corky said:
On Dark here, so I couldn't pass Flotsam on normal, so had to put it on easy. How the hell am I supposed to do this on Dark? One little Nekker will tear my asshole to shreds.

Pucker your butthole and roll around then.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Lasthope106 said:
Upgrade dem weapons!

problem is more often than not vitality and I've upgraded that, sure I could do more damage but the problem is getting oneshotted all over the place :(

Corky said:
problem is more often than not vitality and I've upgraded that, sure I could do more damage but the problem is getting oneshotted all over the place :(

I think that the best Vitality armour in Act I is still the Raven Armour unless something has changed. Once you get the
Kayran trophy
to hang off it you will be a damage sponge.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I was saving my Iorveth playthrough for the 2.0 patch and a new 50" plasma, what an amazing game. Even with what's coming out soon, I still feel like this'll be my favorite of the year.

Salaadin

jim-jam bongs said:
Oddly enough this is the same advice my father gave me for my first day in the slammer.

LOL

mattiewheels said:
I was saving my Iorveth playthrough for the 2.0 patch and a new 50" plasma, what an amazing game. Even with what's coming out soon, I still feel like this'll be my favorite of the year.

It has a lot of competition but I think its my favorite too. Still have Skyrim, Batman, and Uncharted 3 yet this year though

Solo

DennisK4 said:

Letho will plough Dennis.

Solo

You know its true. There is way way he could possibly have spent weeks (months?) with that fiery redhead without ploughing her.

Kyaw

Nope. Not true.

Not true. Not true. Not true. lalalalala

EDIT: So, has anyone got 'dark' items in Dark Mode yet?

How does it work? Do they go away when you switch back to easy?

Tomodachi

I'm trying to avoid reading the whole thread since I'm scared of spoilers, a quick question tho: I just finished the tutorial, is it just me of keyboard controls are a little crazy? Should I go with a 360 pad? It's much more complicated than the first one, I think...

Tomodachi

Solo said:
KB+M is brilliant. But go with the pad if you must.

Peon!
Well maybe the tutorial doesn't give enought time to adapt, the whole "each number key is a glyph" is a little hard to memorize :D
I'll give it another shot in the actual game, just wanted to make sure that the game wasn't conceived mainly for a pad. Thank you sir.

Kyaw

Tomodachi said:
I'm trying to avoid reading the whole thread since I'm scared of spoilers, a quick question tho: I just finished the tutorial, is it just me of keyboard controls are a little crazy? Should I go with a 360 pad? It's much more complicated than the first one, I think...

Nope, not crazy.

Use E to block. Use Q to cast magic. Middle mouse button to throw bombs/daggers and setup traps.
3 to cycle through magic and 4 to cycle through quickslot items (bombs/daggers/traps).

KB+M = best combo!
Unless you are a couch dweller. :p
If so, the 360 pad is well designed and supported for the game.

Combat is definitely less complex than the first game once you get a handle on it too. At the very least you don't have to manage your stance, and alchemy is never totally mandatory.

Kyaw said:
Unless you are a couch dweller. :p

you wanna fight about it

Kyaw

come-at-me-bro1s8jw.jpg

Wallach

Tomodachi said:

I thought they were pretty dumb, yeah. Rebind that shit from the launcher for KB/M.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Tomodachi said:
Well maybe the tutorial doesn't give enought time to adapt, the whole "each number key is a glyph" is a little hard to memorize :D
I'll give it another shot in the actual game, just wanted to make sure that the game wasn't conceived mainly for a pad. Thank you sir.

Signs (or spells/glyphs) are cast with the Q key, and you can change them with the quick radial menu, so you don't ever have to use the number keys. I set the radial menu to MMB so switching signs on the fly was no problem.

Varna

Kyaw said:
Nope. Not true.

Not true. Not true. Not true. lalalalala

That's the one part about the Witcher's world thats really depressing to me. When ever a women gets in trouble that's probably the first thing that happens... :(

Kyaw

Varna said:
That's the one part about the Witcher's world thats really depressing to me. When ever a women gets in trouble that's probably the first thing that happens... :(

So Yennefer is probably banged multiple times by Letho?

Varna said:

The sad part is that it's fairly realistic. Rape is an act of dominance which is why historically it was used as a weapon of war by invading forces. Shit is fucked.

Acidote

The more you read, the worse it becomes. Each book is worse than it predecesor. The last one with
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Ciri, Lady of the Lake xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
was absolutely delusional...

Certainly not a quality read, there are way better things around.

End of the game spoiler:

Yennefer is actually seconds away from being raped when Geralt meets Saskia's dad if I recall the story correctly.

Solo

Kyaw said:
I haven't read the books. Do tell me more.

Should i read the books? Where do i start from? (in English)

Like you, I haven't read the books. And I never will. So I too wouldn't mind hearing some spoilers about that stuff.

KePoW

Banned
Varna said:

That's how it was in the middle ages and ancient times on Earth. Witcher seems to be set in a 'medieval' period, so it's pretty realistic.

Kyaw

subversus said:
Read short stories and that's it. Novellas are bad unfortunately (in my opinion).

Acidote said:
The more you read, the worse it becomes. Each book is worse than it predecesor. The last one with
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Ciri xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
was absolutely delusional...

Certainly not a quality read, there are way better things around.

The Last Wish is the short stories book, right?

jim-jam bongs said:
End of the game spoiler:

Yennefer is actually seconds away from being raped when Geralt meets Saskia's dad if I recall the story correctly.

WTFisthisshit.jpg

Are you even recalling the story correctly? o_O

Solo said:
Like you, I haven't read the books. And I never will. So I too wouldn't mind hearing some spoilers about that stuff.

Yeah, i would like to know more about the Witcher-verse politics and lore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom