• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings |OT| Plough 'Em All

Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Iorveth does give Saskia more screen time, which is good, and Iorveth is a gigantic cunt which is also good.

But Roche is one badass motherfucker who takes shit from no-one, while being on the verge of losing his shit.

It's a hard choice.

It was that scene where he acted like it was okay for those guys to insult his men, then sucker punched them that did it for me.

I just don't like him. Iorveth at least has a cause he believes in, Roche is just a nutter.

Salaadin

Foliorum Viridum said:
It was that scene where he acted like it was okay for those guys to insult his men, then sucker punched them that did it for me.

I just don't like him. Iorveth at least has a cause he believes in, Roche is just a nutter.

So youre jealous of Roche? We got it :p

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Foliorum Viridum said:

Roche is loyal to the king who dragged him out of dirt and to his country. That the cause he believes in. Also real men (and his unit must be real men even if they are women) must stand for their own, he shouldn't babysit them.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Foliorum Viridum said:

Exactly. Plus, with Iorveth on your side, you have his army of badass, freedom fighting elves and dwarfs to back you up. And by joining them, you're fighting the oppression of non-humans and doing the right thing. Roach is a dirty son of a whore and a flaming racist, and if you help him you're probably racist too.

Exuro

Snuggler said:
Exactly. Plus, with Iorveth on your side, you have his army of badass, freedom fighting elves and dwarfs to back you up. And by joining them, you're fighting the oppression of non-humans and doing the right thing. Roach is a dirty son of a whore and a flaming racist, and if you help him you're probably racist too.
Yeah but can your army do this?

rochegifkq9b.gif

Didn't think so.

Snuggler said:

You would have made a more convincing case if you hadn't posted this mere days ago:

Snuggler said:
how about this bad motherfucker

84zu1.jpg

Roach is OK though

We all know your agenda, you're not fooling anyone here Snuggler, if that is your real name.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
zkylon said:
Iorveth's side got the most dwarves. Pissy easy choice.

Your mother must enjoy that.

Salaadin

Foliorum Viridum said:
I've been inside Triss Merigold. I am jealous of no man.
Everyone has been inside Triss.

Best part about that Roche gif is how he just casually turns around after beating the guard. He knows how boss he is.

Yep. Definitely feels better. I had assumed it would be harder on normal than it is (maybe due to the 2.0 patch).

I don't feel the need to go higher, though. The combat is definitely more satisfying on easy, so thanks for informing of the enemies' inability to block, and I'm not dying all the time so I'm happy!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Solo said:
Real talk, the fall would have killed Iorveth. All the fall did for Roche is piss him off.

Iorveth isn't about brute force, though, since his higher level of intelligence makes him capable of more than that. In that situation, he would probably sit back and puff on his pipe like a boss as one of his squads of archers rain death on the enemies.

Solo

Snuggler said:
Iorveth isn't about brute force, though, since his higher level of intelligence makes him capable of more than that. In that situation, he would probably sit back and puff on his pipe like a boss as one of his squads of archers rain death on the enemies.

Iorveth is a eunuch am confirmed

Salaadin

Snuggler said:
Exactly. Hes a pansy that sits back while others do his dirty work.
Roche isnt afraid to get his hands dirty with blood and testicle juice.

Skilletor

Sometimes I'll do this cinematic finishing move. I've done it on enemies with full health, so I know it's not a low health thing.

How does I do it consistently? Is it random?

Salaadin

Skilletor said:
Sometimes I'll do this cinematic finishing move. I've done it on enemies with full health, so I know it's not a low health thing.

How does I do it consistently? Is it random?

If you stun an enemy. Blunt weapons, Aard all have a chance of stun. Theyll stand there all dazed with blue squiggles.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Foliorum Viridum said:
Yep. Definitely feels better. I had assumed it would be harder on normal than it is (maybe due to the 2.0 patch).

I don't feel the need to go higher, though. The combat is definitely more satisfying on easy, so thanks for informing of the enemies' inability to block, and I'm not dying all the time so I'm happy!

did you mean normal? anyway can't wait to return from vacation and try 2.0 to test better responsiveness (as they claim).

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Salaadin said:
Exactly. Hes a pansy that sits back while others do his dirty work.
Roche isnt afraid to get his hands dirty with blood and testicle juice.

No no no, you're not getting it. He could join in and slice and dice motherfuckers, but he doesn't need to. Why dirty your hands when you have the charisma and swagger to command others to do so? That's what separates Iorveth from Roach. Iorveth is a shrewd master, Roach is an obedient dog.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Roche can deal in spices, you sons of whores. What more can you want?!

Salaadin

Snuggler said:
No no no, you're not getting it. He could join in and slice and dice motherfuckers, but he doesn't need to. Why dirty your hands when you have the charisma and swagger to command others to do so? That's what separates Iorveth from Roach. Iorveth is a shrewd master, Roach is an obedient dog.

You....you disgust me.

Exuro

I started up a dark mode playthrough and totally forgot that in the prologue that Roche can
order Ves to kill you
. So good.

Skilletor

Snuggler said:

Srsly. When I went to mayor's manor for the quest, and the guard was like, "Roche can't come in." Roche just mumbled like a biatch and went down the stairs.

That's not like a boss. Not like a boss at all.

Exuro

Salaadin said:
He can? Elaborate.
After you finish the little mini events and right before being able to escape the prison Roche asks geralt what he would do if he escaped. If you piss off Roche, saying things like non of your business and junk you'll have the option to attack him and then Ves jumps out and crossbows you.

True Witchers finished the game before Dark difficulty existed...

Solo said:
Yeah, before Roche is your bro, he wants your blood

He secretly wants to be your bro through the whole interrogation though, Geralt and Roche are like ebony and ivory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom