• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings |OT| Plough 'Em All

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
DennisK4 said:
Dark difficulty on first playthrough.

/better than you

You ain't done with the game yet bub. Come back when you hit the rough spots ;P

edit: also what are some of these Dark items?

Minsc

Gold Member
Foliorum Viridum said:
http://www.abload.de/img/46uid.jpg

I posted this in the high res thread, but can I just say again THIS BLOWS MY MIND.

It looks fucking real.

witcher2 2011-08-29 20-48-02-80.jpg

Who cares about realism when you have vistas like that! :)

DennisK4 said:
Dark difficulty on first playthrough.

/better than you

Dark difficulty seems best saved for a second playthrough (for whoever you don't side with the first time), since it adds quite a bit of stuff and changes a few things.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Man, I love that each area has it's own distinct color palette. Someone post pictures of the docks at the end of the prologue, it's so pretty.

Dennis

Banned
I want to thank all the playtesters in this thread.

Without your dedication to playing through the initial beta, I could not now play through the finished game - Dark difficulty.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
DennisK4 said:

Without your dedication to playing through the initial beta, I could not now play through the finished game - Dark difficulty.

No problem. Not only did we get to play the game several months early, but we helped make it better, unlike freeloaders like yourself.

Solo

DennisK4 said:

And by "play", you mean take copious amonts of screenshots to downsample, amirite?

Skilletor

So, in my next playthrough. If I want to go Iorveth's route (I assume I'm bro'ing it with Roche this time), do I just piss off Roche?

Is there a good faq/website for this game detailing the different routes?

Darkkn

Started my third playthrough on dark mode and my god this game is still orgasm to my eyeballs. This is without a doubt the best looking game out there.
Sure, it might not have as fancy engine as something like cryengine, but it's competent enough and paired with amazing artstyle and phenomenal assets. Dem textures.

One thing they hopefully improve for the sequel is woody facial and gesture animations. DX11 would be nice also.

Skilletor said:
So, in my next playthrough. If I want to go Iorveth's route (I assume I'm bro'ing it with Roche this time), do I just piss off Roche?

Try not to spoil anything, a lot changes and it's best to experience it yourself ^_^.

EDIT: Oh, I think I misread your post. Basically, instead of raiding Loredo's mansion, go with the Elves.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Skilletor said:

I'm pretty sure it all comes down to the moment towards the end of Act I when you can help one or the other. You can't miss it.

Solo

Skilletor said:

Roche is such a fucking bro that even if you choose Iorveth like a moron, he still helps you.

Snuggler said:
I'm pretty sure it all comes down to the moment towards the end of Act I when you can help one or the other. You can't miss it.

Correctamundo, there is actually a choice a little while before it where you pick one or the other, but that one doesn't count towards which Act 2 you get.

Exuro

Solo said:
Roche is such a fucking bro that even if you choose Iorveth like a moron, he still helps you.
Yeah, going through the Iorveth path helped my confirm my feelings about Roche. Despite telling him to screw off or whatnot when I joined Iorveth he still helps you out. So boss.

Minsc said:
http://www.

Who cares about realism when you have vistas like that! :)

Dark difficulty seems best saved for a second playthrough (for whoever you don't side with the first time), since it adds quite a bit of stuff and changes a few things.[/QUOTE]
Oh I agree, really. I never want games to look like real life because real life, for the most part, isn't that great to look at.

I just love it when something stands out as realistic looking as that!

Dennis

Banned
Roche?

Thats the guy in the funny hat giving me a hard time in interrogation. Well, he did slip me the key. Maybe I'll see him later.

Salaadin

Exuro said:
Yeah, going through the Iorveth path helped my confirm my feelings about Roche. Despite telling him to screw off or whatnot when I joined Iorveth he still helps you out. So boss.
That was the best part about Iorveths path. I felt kinda bad when I
made it thru the fog to Henselts camp and met up with Roche but he didnt care. Hes my bro forever!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Darkkn said:
One thing they hopefully improve for the sequel is woody facial and gesture animations. DX11 would be nice also.

Animation is the game's only 'weak' point, and by 'weak' I mean still quite good by its own merits, but not as good as the best stuff out there. If it had character animation quality on par with something like Uncharted 2 (a huge task that I don't expect) then I don't think I'd have been able to play through the game without suffering several existential crisis'.

Salaadin

EatChildren said:
Animation is the game's only 'weak' point, and by 'weak' I mean still quite good by its own merits, but not as good as the best stuff out there. If it had character animation quality on par with something like Uncharted 2 (a huge task that I don't expect) then I don't think I'd have been able to play through the game without suffering several existential crisis'.

Lol. Compared to the first, the animation has already improved a lot. If they continue this trend of getting better, I dont even want to know what TW3 will look like.

Solo

DennisK4 said:
Roche?

Thats the guy in the funny hat giving me a hard time in interrogation. Well, he did slip me the key. Maybe I'll see him later.

Maybe he'll cut your balls off later.

I just patched the game to 2.0! But now the controller doesn't function correctly. I can open the signs/usable items with the LT but I can't select anything because the analog sticks don't work. Is there a way round this? It used to work. Pretty pointless patching the game to be honest.

chewydogg

Forgive me if this has been answered some where in this thread:

When playing dice w/ a controller, I can't reroll the dice. I can select the dice I want to roll but then no button will roll them. Have to use the task manager to get out of the game.

I'd rather play through with a controller, does that mean I have to skip dice?

gokieks

chewydogg said:
Forgive me if this has been answered some where in this thread:

When playing dice w/ a controller, I can't reroll the dice. I can select the dice I want to roll but then no button will roll them. Have to use the task manager to get out of the game.

I'd rather play through with a controller, does that mean I have to skip dice?

Rolling should be with the right analog stick.

chewydogg

gokieks said:
Rolling should be with the right analog stick.

Yeah, it works for the first roll but not after that. Going to keep messing with it, try a different controller...

edit: Tried again and got an option to raise bet, then it worked fine. I think the game just got hung up before...

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
My laptop can play it on low settings with the power cord in. Victory is mine... well, until a battle happens potentially.

Anyways, looks like I maybe able to get this game in for the year. ^_^

So far, even on low. It still looks gorgeous. Very bright and vivid.

Aurarian

Hey guys, I just started playing for the first time in a couple of months. I bought it back at release and only played a bit into the first chapter and then dropped it. My question for you all is if there's a swordsman build that would be good for Hard difficulty?

Naito

I'm on chapter II on Dark Mode, Roche side. I'm missing one component, draugir armor fragment, to craft the Oathbreaker's Armor.
Does anybody know where/when do I get one? Seems to me you fight those things
only at the beginning and the end of the chapter.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Aurarian said:
Hey guys, I just started playing for the first time in a couple of months. I bought it back at release and only played a bit into the first chapter and then dropped it. My question for you all is if there's a swordsman build that would be good for Hard difficulty?

it will be ok but challenging. You will need some alchemy or magic in the mix.

Naito said:
I'm on chapter II on Dark Mode, Roche side. I'm missing one component, draugir armor fragment, to craft the Oathbreaker's Armor.
Does anybody know where/when do I get one? Seems to me you fight those things
only at the beginning and the end of the chapter.

You'll be going back out there about 3/4 into the chapter.

Act 2 still isn't grabbing me. I've warmed to the location and characters, but the quests to find the cure for that certain ailment is boring and the story has slowed down considerably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom