• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings |OT| Plough 'Em All

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patita

Neo Member
12vjad.png

Thanks for the avatar. I wasn't hyped at all until I saw the thread and I'm definitely getting this on day 1.

xXJonoXx

I never played the first one, always heard good things about it. I ordered the physical copy of the first game from Amazon on Friday for $13 and it arrives today. Super excited to play it! The screens from the second game look amazing.

Minsc

Gold Member
xXJonoXx said:
I never played the first one, always heard good things about it. I ordered the physical copy of the first game from Amazon on Friday for $13 and it arrives today. Super excited to play it! The screens from the second game look amazing.

Should have bought it for $5 from GOG this morning :( Oh well, hope you enjoy it either way!

JoeBoy101

Was going to pick up the collector's edition, but I just can't justify that extra $80 considering the Premium edition comes with OST and map. Don't you all agree? Please tell me you agree.

ColonialRaptor - You did such a great job with my Portal 2 one, think you can Witcherize Mr. Van Cleef here?

nd054z.jpg

loganclaws

Plane Escape Torment
I'd just like to point out that there is a slight error in the OT's "Story so far" section. This is a spoiler if you haven't played TW1: Berengar doesn't necessarily die in the fight against Azar, I suspect the OT author didn't know that this was another "player choice"...

dino1980

My specs are at the moment;

Processor: i52500K OC 4.2GHz
Ram memory: 8GB 1600MHz
Graphic-card Radeon 6970 card not OC.
PSU: 850Watt

Hope I can run the game in Ultra settings, 1080p with constant 60fps. If not I will have to fork out for one more 6970 card and run it in CF.

bengraven

Van Buren said:
*snip*

Get even more hyped, people.

Holy shit.

Also as for length, I actually felt Witcher 1 dragged on a bit too long. But that could have been my wanting to finish so I start up another save.

I have been doing a marathon gaming session which started yesterday of The Witcher to prepare for The Witcher 2. I am so fucking hyped for this game!

Sotha Sil

Well, reinstalling the first game. Gotta finish it before this puppy comes out. Wish me luck.

Oh, and great OT, Snuggler. Hats off to you, sir.

JoeBoy101 said:
Was going to pick up the collector's edition, but I just can't justify that extra $80 considering the Premium edition comes with OST and map. Don't you all agree? Please tell me you agree.

ColonialRaptor - You did such a great job with my Portal 2 one, think you can Witcherize Mr. Van Cleef here?

nd054z.jpg

I took the liberty, since Lee Van Cleef had white hair at some point of his career:

AXYbb.jpg

matmanx1

leng jai said:
Anyone getting the CE? Looks pretty poor for the price especially considering the normal edition comes with some nice stuff already. Really do want that artbook though.

I'm actually getting both the GOG digital version and the Retail CE. Best of both worlds as I want the art book in hard copy format and of course the extra DLC is nice and useful. I'm sure Geralt's bust will end up on my display shelf before it is all said and done as well! The Witcher 2 is my most anticipated game of 2011 so I don't mind essentially buying it twice.

loganclaws said:
I'd just like to point out that there is a slight error in the OT's "Story so far" section. This is a spoiler if you haven't played TW1: Berengar doesn't necessarily die in the fight against Azar, I suspect the OT author didn't know that this was another "player choice"...

Isn't he supposed to die though? I recall reading that if he does survive he simply acts like nothing happened, aka pre-battle conversation.

matmanx1

Man GOG.com must be getting hammered right now. I just pulled it up to go ahead and do the pre-purchase and get the digital copy of The Witcher and it's just sitting there. It's to be expected I guess!

VisanidethDM said:
I took the liberty, since Lee Van Cleef had white hair at some point of his career:

AXYbb.jpg

JoeBoy - if you don't like this, then lemme know and I'll have another go (will have to wait until tomorrow after work though because it's almost bed time for me here...

Salacious Crumb, I'll give it a shot too, not sure how though - maybe have Triss behind Gabe or perhaps... hmmm, nah I dunno lol

JoeBoy101

VisanidethDM said:

AXYbb.jpg

Well, unless Colonial comes up with better, this looks great as is.

EDIT: Works great for me. BTW, great job with the eyes.

Jinaar

20 hrs in, just got to chapter 3 on THE WITCHER (1). I do not think I will pass this due to a vacation coming up. But I want to pass this before the 2nd one for sure. Hopefully the next few chapters fly. Chapter 2 was forever and a day long. Now who to bang next.....

loganclaws

Plane Escape Torment
koshunter said:
Isn't he supposed to die though? I recall reading that if he does survive he simply acts like nothing happened, aka pre-battle conversation.

From memory, after you kill Azar, Berengar doesn't say anything and you have to interact with the magical mirror. His journal entry doesn't update to say that he died in the fight against Azar, it doesn't update period so you may be correct. I think the last thing it says is that he joined you in the fight against Azar and that's it.

Kyaw

Bah still no preload!

The first review sounds good but 24 hours maybe a bit understated?
Some previews are doing at least 15 hours at the first act and prologue. No way its 24 hours for 'unhurried' playthrough.

Kyaw said:
Bah still no preload!

The first review sounds good but 24 hours maybe a bit understated?
Some previews are doing at least 15 hours at the first act and prologue. No way its 24 hours for 'unhurried' playthrough.

Don't try to rationalize RPG lengths. There's people ending DA2 in 23 hours, I clocked around 60 on my first clear. People may be skipping dialogues, speaking to all NPCs, grind levels etc.

ColonialRaptor said:
Primarily I need the text font at the moment though...

Is it just Tahoma?

Wait wait. You mean stuff like thread titles etc or the font in the Neogaf logo? Cause the logo alone has 2 different fonts (for NeoGAF and BELIEVE), etc. The "user message" font seems light Tahoma, yes.

poweld

Pre-ordered this even though I just got to the golem fight in the first one and cannot get past it. Fucking lightning always hits me and I cannot figure out why. I keep him inside the triangle, I stand as far from the stone as I can...

Grr. Hope the sequel doesn't have issues like this.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
The_Player said:
For those who curious about game performance:
I've got GTX260, 4GB DDDR2, AMDx4 and preview-version runs with 25-30 FPS at High. Pretty much believe that release version gonna be even more optimized.
Sounds almost like Just Cause 2 where even a GTX260 and Core 2 Duo can run at somewhat mid-level settings.

VisanidethDM said:
Wait wait. You mean stuff like thread titles etc or the font in the Neogaf logo? Cause the logo alone has 2 different fonts (for NeoGAF and BELIEVE), etc. The "user message" font seems light Tahoma, yes.

Yeah, I don't need the logo right now, maybe later on, but just the message text that you are reading right now.

It's not Tahoma, I've compared most of the standard fonts that come with windows and it doesn't seem to be any of those :/

It possibly may be Helvetica?

Minsc

Gold Member
ColonialRaptor said:
Yeah, I don't need the logo right now, maybe later on, but just the message text that you are reading right now.

It's not Tahoma, I've compared most of the standard fonts that come with windows and it doesn't seem to be any of those :/

It possibly may be Helvetica?

That's technically going to depend on what browser settings (and browser) each person is using though. It could vary from computer to computer.

Kyaw

VisanidethDM said:
Don't try to rationalize RPG lengths. There's people ending DA2 in 23 hours, I clocked around 60 on my first clear. People may be skipping dialogues, speaking to all NPCs, grind levels etc.

Yeah, that's true.
I normally talk to as much people as i can and i explore a lot and never skip dialogues.
So should be longer for me anyway.

Minsc said:
That's technically going to depend on what browser settings (and browser) each person is using though. It could vary from computer to computer.

Yeah that's what got me confused. I got Tahoma as my default (and Times on my home comp), but people could be running with Myriad or Lucida Handwriting as far as we know.

Complistic

poweld said:
Pre-ordered this even though I just got to the golem fight in the first one and cannot get past it. Fucking lightning always hits me and I cannot figure out why. I keep him inside the triangle, I stand as far from the stone as I can...

Grr. Hope the sequel doesn't have issues like this.

lightning strikes whatever is within it's boundaries. you need the golem inside it and you need to be outside it. I think you can take the golem down with your sword if it really is glitched but i doubt it is.

Kyaw

Complistic said:
lightning strikes whatever is within it's boundaries. you need the golem inside it and you need to be outside it. I think you can take the golem down with your sword if it really is glitched but i doubt it is.

Yeah i just took it down with my sword and spells. The trap spell is particularly good for this.

matmanx1

The digital goodies with The Witcher 1 deal that is going on right now over at GOG.com are very nice. Full artbook in .pdf format, the calendar, soundtrack, wallpapers, avatars and more. I already own the game on disc but $4.99 was worth it for all of those extras.

I'm guessing the pre-load for part 2 isn't up yet or have I just missed it?

Kyaw

matmanx1 said:
The digital goodies with The Witcher 1 deal that is going on right now over at GOG.com are very nice. Full artbook in .pdf format, the calendar, soundtrack, wallpapers, avatars and more. I already own the game on disc but $4.99 was worth it for all of those extras.

I'm guessing the pre-load for part 2 isn't up yet or have I just missed it?

Not yet, they said it will be up in about 2 hours 3 hours ago. :/
But it should be up today as advertised.

Minsc

Gold Member
Complistic said:

Yup, igni + sword here too, took it down eventually, without taking much damage. You move a lot faster than it.

bengraven

koshunter said:

He can survive?! He took like 2 hits and died on me.

Kyaw said:
Yeah, that's true.
I normally talk to as much people as i can and i explore a lot and never skip dialogues.
So should be longer for me anyway.

You'll be fine. They said the main story is similar in length to W1 and I put in 60+ hours into it. And they said there's actually more to do on the side this time around.

Again, this isn't Fable. Fable devs spike their playtimes, when in reality you put in 1/3 of their estimated time.

bengraven

Vlodril said:
Yea he can. Survived in my first playthrough , couldn't do it again on my second and i gave up but its definitely doable.

Shit, I hope that doesn't affect W2.

Would hate for
Berengar to show up in Chapter 1 with The Sword of Infinite Vagina and One-Hit Kills and be like "hey, thanks for helping me kill Azar and making sure I dind't die a painful death...here you go".

Then again, I didn't see his body after I woke up, unless someone took it already.

Complistic

Vlodril said:
Yea he can. Survived in my first playthrough , couldn't do it again on my second and i gave up but its definitely doable.

If I remember correctly reading on their forums him living is just a glitch. He's suppose to die there.

poweld

Minsc said:
Yup, igni + sword here too, took it down eventually, without taking much damage. You move a lot faster than it.
I may have to do this, but man it'll take a while. Maybe I'm underleveled, cause my sword does 1 per hit, and igni was hitting for around 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom