• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings |OT| Plough 'Em All

Status
Not open for further replies.

dino1980

Ill maybe naive right now in this statement. But I dont think 4 opponents is something to tough to kill. I uppgraded my abilities in swordsmanship with backstap 2 points only 100% damage and not 200% damage as before, and also the ability to hit more than one foe at a time. Now they drop alot faster and I dont take as much damage anymore.

NIN90

Luthos said:
Has someone figured out if there's an item storage in this game? Some of these ingredients are piling up, and getting quite heavy...

Only if you preordered the game at Best Buy.

drkOne

When should I use mutagens? Not sure if I should wait until I get better ones, as I currently only have a slot right now...
Always have this kind of dilemmas with RPGs :(

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
NIN90 said:
3.5k across all professions or just game developers?
That's either a bullshit number or boy did I choose the wrong profession.

his point is that you should feel guilty about playing this game because working wages in Poland are weak

your fun is made possible only by their blood, sweat and tears

zonezeus

drkOne said:
When should I use mutagens? Not sure if I should wait until I get better ones, as I currently only have a slot right now...
Always have this kind of dilemmas with RPGs :(

I stumbled upon shitloads of mutagens, so I guess we are supposed to use them as soon as we can. Or I just did a horrible mistake, if it's not possible to exchange them for better ones later in the game :D

Carm said:
People need to read game manuals and readme files(I'm guilty of this one). I've seen numerous complains/issues that are explained in both. And again, learn to explore the game environment.
It's not their fault: a decade of industry-wide dumbing-down have taught them to be complacent and expect ten-hour tutorials.

Carm

Has anyone's armor enhancements suddenly disappeared when loading a previous save? Twice now I could have sworn I had used it on my raven's armor, only to load up the save later and it's missing.

Snuggler said:
his point is that you should feel guilty about playing this game because working wages in Poland are weak

your fun is made possible only by their blood, sweat and tears

Ahah :D.

Not at all, as I've said elsewhere, those 662 euros are worth in Poland much more than they would be in, say, Germany. Buying power and all that. It's not like polish workers are completely enslaved.

The point isn't feeling guilty. The point is knowing that 8 million dollars in Poland can buy the workforce you'd need to spend 40 million dollars on in the US or UK.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
VisanidethDM said:
Ahah :D.

Not at all, as I've said elsewhere, those 662 euros are worth in Poland much more than they would be in, say, Germany. Buying power and all that. It's not like polish workers are completely enslaved.

The point isn't feeling guilty. The point is knowing that 8 million dollars in Poland can buy the workforce you'd need to spend 40 million dollars on in the US or UK.

I was just kidding with ya. :)

It's interesting info. To quote JC Denton: "what a shame".

Carm

Shake Appeal said:
It's not their fault: a decade of industry-wide dumbing-down have taught them to be complacent and expect ten-hour tutorials.

I guess. Like I said, I'm guilty of not reading the technical readme files most of the time, not reading a game manual is odd to me though. That and not fully exploring game environments, it's like you're just trying to speed through the game instead of trying to take it all in.

Reading the manual, unless it's not fully described, I don't see the point to early use of mutagens. It sounds like your stuck with what you put in there. Three forms of mutagens: lesser, basic and greater. It says it cant be reversed, but does that mean you can't change the mutagen at all, or can you still upgrade it to a greater version if its the same type.

NIN90 said:
3.5k across all professions or just game developers?
That's either a bullshit number or boy did I choose the wrong profession.

Across professions but keep in mind it's massively inflated by the automotive industry deals (Germany has integrated a system where workers have massive returns on extratime and factory profitability, leading to things like Audi assembly workers earning 3.6k euro a month). They also have a very open system of promotions, and well, life is terribly expensive there. Still, it's probably the Euro country with the highest average wage.

Snuggler said:
I was just kidding with ya. :)

It's interesting info. To quote JC Denton: "what a shame".

I'd just hate TW2 to become the excuse for some gamers to make "You can make AAA titles with insane graphics for just 8 millions, so the competition has no excuse!" arguments. Context is necessary.

Game reeeeeeally looks amazing btw.

NIN90

VisanidethDM said:
Across professions but keep in mind it's massively inflated by the automotive industry deals (Germany has integrated a system where workers have massive returns on extratime and factory profitability, leading to things like Audi assembly workers earning 3.6k euro a month). They also have a very open system of promotions, and well, life is terribly expensive there. Still, it's probably the Euro country with the highest average wage.

I'm in Germany and I get like 1.2k after taxes. And that's not considered bad by the public.

NIN90 said:
I'm in Germany and I get like 1.2k after taxes. And that's not considered bad by the public.

All numbers cited are before taxes of course. The Polish number too. 1.2k after taxes could easily be within the 2.2-2.4k euro average depending on tax rates. You don't "cost" your employer 1.2k. I know I pay some of my workers 2250 euro/month, and they barely see 1500 of that after taxes.

Arozay

Halfway through Chapter 1 (probably), playing it right after my first Witcher 1 playthrough and very impressed by the graphics (and at the fact I can run it on high @ 1920).

Still getting used to the Z thing since I held alt down between every fight in the first game, and evading and fighting groups is harder compared to the first game. Haven't found anywhere to store my stuff either, all this timber and cloth.

I'm still getting used to the changes from the first game, but it'll probably end up being my Goty (already longer than Portal 2)

Mr-Plow2.jpg

Well, I got the collectors edition. Very nice! Now, I just need to get the game going.

For some stupid reason I discovered I could not put the code in the box to verify the game. Turns out the DPI has to be 100% or less (for fucks sake why? no other PC game I've played has ever, ever had this problem). So I change and restart. Got the patch. Then I foolishly changed my DPI back to 120% (so I can see my desktop icons etc on my 46" 1080p tv) and I go to register and the same thing. Now I have to restart again. Honestly it's a bad joke. Oh, and no controller support. *smh*

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Anyone know how many chapters there are? I just beat the
Giant squid dude in chapter 1
and it both feels like I've played a lot, and played hardly any at the same time.

Luthos

I can already tell the one thing that will bother me in this game, is not having a storage chest. I really need to dump off some of these materials/ingredients.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Stahsky said:
Anyone know how many chapters there are? I just beat the
Giant squid dude in chapter 1
and it both feels like I've played a lot, and played hardly any at the same time.

prologue -
3 chapters
(# of chapters) - epilogue

OMG, the amount of money you will need in this game is insane. Buy recipes, craft items, etc., etc. Great thing is way more items are useful this time.

Tokubetsu

Castor Krieg said:
OMG, the amount of money you will need in this game is insane. Buy recipes, craft items, etc., etc. Great thing is way more items are useful this time.

Money is a lot easier to make as well. This isn't TW1 where you need 2k orens for your armor and have to decide between better armor, or 600 oren books.

I played through most of the prologue yesterday. Today I have work, followed by band practice until late. Tomorrow morning, I leave for the Hangout Music Festival in Gulf Shores, AL. I won't be able to play again until next Monday afternoon! Granted, lots of great music and southern hottness in bikinis, but still. At least I've verified that it runs fabulously on my rig.

gillFTR

My friend has a 5770 and this keeps happening everytime he tries to play Witcher 2. any suggestions...he has reinstalled no luck on that department. when he initially launched the game it was working fine, but now it does this.

dk3Uy.jpg

natkingcoleslaw

Neo Member
Luthos said:
I can already tell the one thing that will bother me in this game, is not having a storage chest. I really need to dump off some of these materials/ingredients.

That's regressive. Did you talk to the inn keeper. Can't get that fucking steam DL to go any faster.

Luthos said:

Sell them - you don't need 60 cloth and 40 ore.

BeeDog

Didn't someone say that users should be able to download the Polish voice-over pack from the launcher? It's strange because it seems I only have the English stuff:

QbSJO.png

I mean, my retail copy is already in English. :p

Wow the auto-saving in this game is terrible. Finished a couple of sidequests in flotsam, went to fight the kraken thing , got it down to 1/4 health then died. When I loaded the latest auto- ave it was before I had started those two side quests.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Conflict NZ said:
Wow the auto-saving in this game is terrible. Finished a couple of sidequests in flotsam, went to fight the kraken thing , got it down to 1/4 health then died. When I loaded the latest auto- ave it was before I had started those two side quests.

Speaking of which, I just made the potion but I have nooo idea where to find him. Halp? <3

Conflict NZ said:
Press F5 occasionally.

The mechanical implementation of the combat is definitely clunkier than the best examples in the genre, but the abilities and passive bonuses are well thought out. They definitely get to customization job done.

Salaadin

Why are all of my skill trees locked except for witcher training? Do I need a certain level first before I start adding to alchemy, swordplay, etc?

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Did they really need to save bitmaps alongside each save file? My folder was over half a GB and I wasn't that far in the game and mostly had autosaves... I don't even know how the heck this new engine inheritted issues they had with aurora, like the post combat delay until you can actually loot and interact with stuff... I hope some of this is because they rushed it and they'll actually fix it this time, because even the Enhanced Edition of The Witcher is super dodgy at times. Anyway, screw performance loss, I'm gonna play on high-ish settings, it has its ups and downs, I don't care the town gets occasionally slide showy, the game looks like mud with settings too low and never really improves meaningfully performance wise. Various areas here and there run better and even at 60 or more fps, it sucks when it gets to the low 20s but it's not too common and it's not in important gameplay bits so far. Unless it keeps getting worse I can live with that. The original had its fair share of stupid performance loss even on high end PCs due to its shitty engine, at least this time it does look sweet, a lot of the time, so it makes some sense that my aging system can't keep up with it at all times. Still disappointed but...

Corky said:
Speaking of which, I just made the potion but I have nooo idea where to find him. Halp? <3

Make it your active quest by going into jounal and clicking on it or hitting A if you are using the 360 pad. SHould give you a waypoint marker.

epmode

Since it looks like there's no item storage, does anyone know if it's possible to pick and choose what you take out of a container when playing with a controller? I know you can do it with a keyboard...

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Conflict NZ said:
Make it your active quest by going into jounal and clicking on it or hitting A if you are using the 360 pad. SHould give you a waypoint marker.

I tried this already, all it tells me now is " drink the potion before the fight with ..."

delirium

Fuck the fight with
Letho
. How are you suppose to beat him in normal? His hits do like 30% of your health and yours barely does any. Also he can do everything you can but fully upgraded. I'm so tempted to turn it to easy just to beat him.

rSpooky

I saw this morning GOG has it for sale DRM free. Is that just them or all versions? I.E. is the disc DRM free as well, cause I still favor discs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom