• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition |OT| Bow low, you stand before a head crowned.

Marco1

My 360 game just shipped from shopto so hopefully playing this tomorrow with fez before I take the kids on holiday.

Ordered the Witcher 2: Dark Edition back in Feb 18th and paid it in full 2 months in advance.

Order gets cancelled 1 week before item ships. Best buy sends me an email apologizing the inconvenience and offering me the game for free with a free shirt and $25 online coupon if I call.

-Called yesterday, customer service rep says my order wasn't cancelled, pretty happy about that.

-Gets an email today saying my order was canceled. SMH.

-Calls customer service rep about free offer, only to be told that they don't know anything about said offer and will call me several days later to inform of status?

-Haven't received $108 refund either.

Impressive company! SMFH

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
b85ee24e79bcf1661758c1e400faad93aac1d5da.png

Can someone explain? Just the fat-baby man/giggly glasses guy.

Minsc

Gold Member
First time I played it and got to Flotsam and really started looking at the shadows I thought something was wrong with my game. I don't understand how you can make a game that looks so good and have such crappy shadows.

They can look a lot worse or better depending on your drivers / card. I barely notice them for 90% of the game. But the main culprit imo is them sticking to DX9 instead of allowing for DX11, which is a lot more capable.

I feel bad for my console brethren who bought the Dark Editions at Best Buy. Total bullshit.

Lol I know. I totally had no reason to buy it for the 360 since I already have the Collector's Edition for PC. I just wanted to support CDProjekt since they've been extremely gracious in replacing my CE Geralt bust and giving me a Witcher Medallion in the process.

Man I can't wait for these new updates. I bought W2 on day 1 but had never played witcher 1. So I went back and played through that and by the time I had beaten it, patch 2.0 was out for Witcher 2 soooo

This is one of my finer achievements in gaming. Looks like it's time for another play through!

tn_witcher22011-10-2300-14-06-08.png

Tokubetsu

Man I can't wait for these new updates. I bought W2 on day 1 but had never played witcher 1. So I went back and played through that and by the time I had beaten it, patch 2.0 was out for Witcher 2 soooo

This is one of my finer achievements in gaming. Looks like it's time for another play through!

tn_witcher22011-10-2300-14-06-08.png

As soon as this new patch drops, I'm gonna actually do my Dark run. I'm excited!

Lol I know. I totally had no reason to buy it for the 360 since I already have the Collector's Edition for PC. I just wanted to support CDProjekt since they've been extremely gracious in replacing my CE Geralt bust and giving me a Witcher Medallion in the process.

They never replaced mine. I'm more sad I missed out on the medallion, but I guess I will get a keychain and a medallion from a gamestop preorder.

The installation process is a bitch though. Didn't work day 1, then it worked, and now it hasn't worked as I have tried to install twice. I think I'll just wait for the 17th, see if the enhanced edition patch will just overwrite and solve my problems.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Yeah, I'm getting excited to play this like it was my first time.

Curious how the pre-load works. I got all the data - Will the installer basically just recognize that I have it all and it will just work or is there some other trickery that will happen? I'm under the impression that the launcher will DL the remainder of the patch and just look for it in the C:\Downloads folder that the large DL goes in.

Really looking forward to your impressions, be quick!

I'm embargoed until 12:01 AM EST on the 13th, but that gives me plenty of time to sink into the game!

Installing da game to da hard drive. If people have specific questions or things they'd like me to look for just let me know so I can hopefully answer/give some impressions when I can.

I'm embargoed until 12:01 AM EST on the 13th, but that gives me plenty of time to sink into the game!

Installing da game to da hard drive. If people have specific questions or things they'd like me to look for just let me know so I can hopefully answer/give some impressions when I can.

How long does it take to install the game? :p

Marco1

Much appreciated, apologies I thought you received it due to an early shipped date.

trw

So, going to replay it when the EE gets released. Was thinking of playing through it in Dark mode since normal got way too easy in the end. For those who have played it through on that difficulty is it just more difficult due to enemies doing more damage and having more hitpoints?

Marco1

Hopefully my 360 version arrives tomorrow.
I was about 40% through on the PC version before I sold my PC but new 360 owners have no idea how good this game is, we are so lucky to have this game coming.

Me 5 minutes ago: "I cannot wait to play "Dark" difficulty on 360...."

*starts new game on PC.....

Me now: "I cannot wait to play "Hard" difficulty on 360...."

:(

Still love the game, gonna miss the uber sampling tho...

They never replaced mine. I'm more sad I missed out on the medallion, but I guess I will get a keychain and a medallion from a gamestop preorder.

The installation process is a bitch though. Didn't work day 1, then it worked, and now it hasn't worked as I have tried to install twice. I think I'll just wait for the 17th, see if the enhanced edition patch will just overwrite and solve my problems.

Oh man that's unfortunate. Did you contact CDProjekt directly? Man, was I all over their forums when I received my Geralt bust without a nose and broken topknot.

IIRC I remember reading that US customers were having difficulties with ATARI regarding the replacement bust which is probably one of the reasons CDProjekt opted for WB as their new publisher.

As for as the game itself, the only problem that I had was the DLC downloading on a loop. One of the reasons they removed the DRM on the game.

I don't know. I'll see if third reinstall solves the problem, and then I'll wait for the enhanced edition, and if that doesn't work I'll go forum surfing for tech support.

My bust wasn't that bad. It had issues, but nothing broken. I think he was missing part of one ear, with a few other scuffs. I sent an e-mail as requested, never got anything back in response, neither e-mail or bust.

I kind of forgot about it, and at this point I don't think it is worth following up on. But as you mentioned, there seemed to be tons of issues with U.S. replacements, so I don't know if any ever even arrived outside Europe. I imagine they must have, or there probably would have been some upset.

edit: Third re-install was the magic number!

Fjordson

Ordered the Witcher 2: Dark Edition back in Feb 18th and paid it in full 2 months in advance.

Order gets cancelled 1 week before item ships. Best buy sends me an email apologizing the inconvenience and offering me the game for free with a free shirt and $25 online coupon if I call.

-Called yesterday, customer service rep says my order wasn't cancelled, pretty happy about that.

-Gets an email today saying my order was canceled. SMH.

-Calls customer service rep about free offer, only to be told that they don't know anything about said offer and will call me several days later to inform of status?

-Haven't received $108 refund either.

Impressive company! SMFH
Wow. That's terrible man.

Bullshit like that is why I stuck with the regular edition on Amazon. So wary of places of like Best Buy and Gamestop these days (especially when ordering online).

The 360 version has the older DLC they implemented on PC, right? Like the improved tutorial?

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Really hope my Dark edition is safe, pre-ordered it at Gamestop like a week after the announcement. Hope you guys that ordered at BB can easily find a reasonably priced Dark edition.

And I look forward to day when gamers stop bitching about guides being black and white and start appreciating that they even have one.
And I look forward to the day you stop being so god damn hostile. Every post I've read of yours in the last 48 hours has been a complete snarkfest.

Lighten up a bit, please.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
My guess is those are stereotypical respresentations of PC gamers (man baby) and Console gamers (ackward looking glasses kid). But I could be wrong.

Yeah, I guess it was a little too out there but they represent PC and 360. Here are the original images:

kEvaM.jpg

2ZpOc.png

Top Bottom