• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition |OT| Bow low, you stand before a head crowned.

2AdEPT

Just started TW1 off steam ....i played dark mode on tw2 first but even with mulitple playthroughs in wait, I figured I would play tw1 first instead.....for 9.99 on either steam or gog its too easy (well as long as you have gaf to help you troublshoot.)

Enjoying tw1 although I can see many improvements in tw2 have been made, and not jsut with combat...the voice acting almost sounds compter generated in tw1 and this was not the case in tw2. But so far tw1 is prolly the best experience I have evey had for $10.....and I've tried quite a few in that price range off the PSN network.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Does anyone not playing Witcher 1 will get horribly lost playing this one? I usually always have this policy of not playing a number 2 if I haven't played number 1 but I foresee that I will not be able to play the 1st one anyways.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Does anyone not playing Witcher 1 will get horribly lost playing this one? I usually always have this policy of not playing a number 2 if I haven't played number 1 but I foresee that I will not be able to play the 1st one anyways.

read the OP

patapuf

The story of the witcher 2 is self contained. Only the prologue really refers to part 1 (and you can get up to speed by asking questions)

There's also a wiki page where you can read up on the story of part one i think

Elsolar

kinda sucks you can't preload if you have the Steam edition :(

You can't? The pre-loader doesn't have any DRM so I don't know why it wouldn't work with the Steam version.

And even if it doesn't work, I guess this is the time to cash in your free GoG "backup copy."

Anarkin

oxmjeprz.png

What?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I hate the way the difficulty system works in this game :(, getting 1shotted by a naked nekker or him needing 10 minutes of continuous swordstabs to the face to die.

Is the Dark Mode the highest difficulty without needing to restart when dead? I tried doing Insane when the game came out, did all of Act I, then died in a stupid way in Act II.

subversus

I hate the way the difficulty system works in this game :(, getting 1shotted by a naked nekker or him needing 10 minutes of continuous swordstabs to the face to die.

they are also more agressive.

but killing nekkers is easy. You should just stun them.

Zeliard

Use Alchemy, especially oils and potions. You can kill enemies fairly quickly.

When I originally played it I largely just upgraded my Alchemy tree and used crafting enhancements. I ignored the Magic and Swordsmanship trees and I was whooping on enemies on Hard.

Megasoum

Banned
Does the steam version still have the patching problems? I remember the first patch to be fucking huge on steam and very small on Gog?

subversus

Traps, man! Those things do a lot of damage to Nekkers.

The gargoyles and arachnid things are way harder to kill. :(

Gargoyles are badass, never had much problems with them.

Golems can be hard though.

Anarkin

I heard there are some special quests to obtain them. Is that true?

I've never played it on the dark difficulty.

Dark Mode is a new difficulty level which was introduced with the Version 2.0 patch for The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings. It is described as similar in difficulty to the "Insane" mode while allowing the player to save their game. It also comes with three sets of special "Dark Mode" armor and weapons, listed below.

http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Mode

No word about quests.

Fjordson

Daaamn...y'all are making me jealous. I won't have mine 'till probably next Thursday =[

The regular enhanced edition package is really sweet. Saw an unboxing earlier on YouTube. Love what they've thrown in there for the standard console game price.

Top Bottom