• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition |OT| Bow low, you stand before a head crowned.

Well not necessarily. I just checked on eBay and people have them listed for around $140 at the cheapest. I'm sure it will get higher. But yeah of you are planning on keeping it then you are probably getting ripped off as cd projekt actually intended for it to be $80 but retailers saw that they could sell for a $100 and people would still buy it.

I don't know what you are talking about. Wrong post quoted? If you are talking about the Best Buy part, they cancelled all pre-orders. If you are referring to the cancellations saving you from price gouging, then maybe, but all retailers charged 100, so I have to believe there is more to it than everybody decided to charge more than MSRP.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm so excited to start a 3rd playthrough on PC with the enhanced edition.

Witcher 2 is one of the best games I've played in years.

I don't know what you are talking about. Wrong post quoted? If you are talking about the Best Buy part, they cancelled all pre-orders. If you are referring to the cancellations saving you from price gouging, then maybe, but all retailers charged 100, so I have to believe there is more to it than everybody decided to charge more than MSRP.

Oh sorry I thought you meant that if you ordered the dark edition then you made a mistake. I didn't think you were specifically referring to best buy, my bad. I ordered from wal mart so I hope that goes through.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Oh god, why do I bother reading comments on gamespot? Some of the comments about the PC/Xbox comparison are dumb as hell. :(

thetrin

I have 30Mb connection. I really just want to keep bitching about the lame fact we don't get a preload. I want this game inside of me the second I wake up tuesday.

Doesn't make sense that you guys don't get a preload, when even retail buyers like myself can preload the patch.

Cels

Playing through 360 version right now. I've encountered a couple bugs.

First, the fistfighting. It's done through QTEs with XYBA on the respective sides of the screen. However, for some reason, if the camera is pointed at a person who you can normally talk to when you're walking about, you'll see the

(A) Talk

prompt on the screen during the fistfight. It's annoying, but not a huge issue.

Two, during the Prologue, I completely lost the ability to head to the start menu starting you're walking through the village, charged with finding your way into the castle. Annoying, since I could no longer manually save. I had to restart the game through the Guide, but once I reloaded an autosave I regained the ability to enter the start menu. Haven't encountered the bug since.

Gowans

No, it doesn't matter. The game looks amazing. I'm just curious to know how the porting was to the 360.

It really does look fab on 360, I wouldn't worry at all.

I'm a huge fan of what they do with colour and their art style. I can forgive it running at 14/15 of 720p, I can't notice it.

I've woke up again just thinking that all I want to do is play more and more and more. I'm looking forward to more guys getting it new and seeing if they have the same thoughts as me on this and how they do early on in the game.

2AdEPT

sorry for posting outside the most appropriate thread but tw1 thread is not moving right now.....if anyone can shed some light on how to use talents in the leveling menu for tw1 it would be much appreciated....I have 12 bronze talents and can not add them to anything? this can't be right?

Digoman

sorry for posting outside the most appropriate thread but tw1 thread is not moving right now.....if anyone can shed some light on how to use talents in the leveling menu for tw1 it would be much appreciated....I have 12 bronze talents and can not add them to anything? this can't be right?

It's been a while, but I think the most common problem people had with that is that you need to be meditating to spend your points.

Going back to the Witcher 2... It's almost time for the patch to be unlocked. Crap... I have to choose what path to go for on this playthrough,
Roche vs lesbomancy

Truant

Can anyone confirm that the Steam and GOG versions both run as fast/same load times?

Because I distinctly remember that the GOG version had better performance.

Anarkin

I did a quick google search but couldn't find the team size of the Witcher 2.

The vision of CD Projekt Red is to create role playing games that millions of players would love. That means producing computer games with great playability that would also have a great commercial potential. CD Projekt Red benefits from the experience and financial support from publishing part of CD Projekt well known as the best RPG publisher in Poland (all major RPGs were published in Poland by CD Projekt). Currently (January 2008) the CD Projekt Red team consists of over 70 professionals.

http://www.linkedin.com/company/cd-projekt-red

One of the developers said that almost 90 people worked on The Witcher 2 but I don't remember the exact number anymore.

Mafro

For those that are preloading the EE patch, does it have to be saved in your Witcher 2 folder, or can it just be saved anywhere?

When the patch download actually starts, is it supposed to say it's a 24Gb download? It claimed it was a 10Gb DL beforehand...

For those that are preloading the EE patch, does it have to be saved in your Witcher 2 folder, or can it just be saved anywhere?

This too, the default folder was C:/Download, so I went with that.

Digoman

Also, have they said what time (GMT) this is unlocking at tomorrow?
Couldn't find the exact time for the unlock, but if we are lucky it will be at the same time the digital version is available, which would be tonight.
http://www.thewitcher.com/community/entry/187
To all PC gamers, who don't own their own copy of The Wircher 2 and want to play The Enhanced Edition as soon as possible. The digital version of the game will be avialable for sale at midnight between the 16th and 17th of April (+2 GMT). So if you want to be one of the first to play the game be sure not to miss the launch!

ThankeeSai

Here!
Please go easy on me...

Nice review.

Really looking forward to picking this up tomorrow. Never played the first Witcher game and have tried not to watch too many videos on The Witcher 2 as I don't want to spoil it for myself.

Loving the comments earlier about the combat being (sort of) a mix of Demon's Souls and Batman AA/AC.

Week off work + Wife *in* work + kids in school = Witcher time!

Numpt3

I haven't been following this game at all.

I watched a few video's last night and was instantly sold on it. Went straight to amazon and ordered it, it's just been despatched.

Early finish at work tommorow + wednesday off = hell yeah. :p

Sojgat

I want this so bad. Are the diverging decisions/content as good/better than Alpha Protocol? I understand some whole areas of the game are different based on your decisions, sounds fucking great.

Truant

I want this so bad. Are the diverging decisions/content as good/better than Alpha Protocol? I understand some whole areas of the game are different based on your decisions, sounds fucking great.

The entire Act 2, the main part of the game, is completely different based on what you do.

abunai

Yeah, they are as good/better. A third of the entire game will be different depending on what you choose. There's a whole ton of nuances throughout, for example (non-spoiler) if you find a key in the first chapter, and find it's matching chests in other parts of the game you can craft different armours. Tons of stuff like that, all throughout the game, on top of the big narrative changing choices. The world feels believable, due to all the impact you have on characters and so on.

Balehead

Can't wait, played it for 18 hours back when it first released but I lost the save files and would have had to start over and didn't feel like it, so this is the perfect opportunity to start a fresh playthrough.

Lets finish Alice Madness Returns today just to start The Witcher 2 EE.
I hope it unlocks at Poland time. I have already download and install the patch.

Does someone know how it will work (disc version)? I know the patch has one archive missing (the first one) so it doesnt activate. Were do we get the archive thats missing? Through the games setup menu?

Salaadin

Lets finish Alice Madness Returns today just to start The Witcher 2 EE.
I hope it unlocks at Poland time. I have already download and install the patch.

Does someone know how it will work (disc version)? I know the patch has one archive missing (the first one) so it doesnt activate. Were do we get the archive thats missing? Through the games setup menu?

I think the original Witcher 2 preload was the same way. Basically, theyll release the remaining piece of the patch tonight as well as an installer. We download those, run the installer, and it grabs the patch files and installs everything for us.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
To all PC gamers, who don't own their own copy of The Wircher 2 and want to play The Enhanced Edition as soon as possible. The digital version of the game will be avialable for sale at midnight between the 16th and 17th of April (+2 GMT). So if you want to be one of the first to play the game be sure not to miss the launch!

THE WIRCHER 2 IS ALMOST HERE

Really excited to check this out tomorrow. I saw the 360 version get played for over an hour while I was in line for Lollipop Chainsaw at PAX East and was mesmerized how good it looked.

Top Bottom