• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition |OT| Bow low, you stand before a head crowned.

Sure? It didn't give me any errors.

Yes. Patch pre-load does not work with steam. Why this isn't stated on the download page is beyond me. I'm sure there are going to be a lot of let down people when they find out their 10 gig patch is worthless with their copy. If you read the comments though, they say it doesn't work on Steam.

EDIT: Did some bolding there since I appear to be at the top of the page.

So we really can register a Steam copy of the game to our GoG account to get it DRM free right?

Yes. Already tried so I could preload the patch, it says to come back on the 17th, but it took the number just fine.

Still frustrating that we can't get a seperate OT for the console versions. No offense to the Master Race but I couldn't care less about the PC version and it's frustrating wading through tech and performance posts to find morsels of information about the 360 version.

ced

Still frustrating that we can't get a seperate OT for the console versions. No offense to the Master Race but I couldn't care less about the PC version and it's frustrating wading through tech and performance posts to find morsels of information about the 360 version.

There is already an existing performance thread for it, they need to keep the settings talk there.

The game hasn't released officially yet on Xbox 360. I'm sure there will be a lot more talk about the Xbox 360 version when more people actually have it. As far as PC talk, I'm just seeing a lot of talk about what may or may not have changed in the EE version.

Yeah. There is no reason to have seperate OT's. Have we ever done it before? Tech talk can go in the performance thread. I'm sure there will be a little bleeding over, but it will be alright.

Also, pretty sure we're not supposed to use the term "master race" any more.

Salaadin

There arent really any performance related posts anyways aside from the bugfix on the last page but all that stuff listed also applies to the 360 version.

360 version officially hits tomorrow. Impressions will be posted and you can read them then. Right now, theres not much to talk about other than the bug fixes and changes.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Yeah. There is no reason to have seperate OT's. Have we ever done it before? Tech talk can go in the performance thread. I'm sure there will be a little bleeding over, but it will be alright.

Also, pretty sure we're not supposed to use the term "master race" any more.

I still think there should be a separate PC thread, only because people are bound to ask console questions that people will answer as PC users, creating confusion. Also, I think mod talk should go in this thread, rather than the performance thread.

Chris R

Is there going to be a 360 demo? I bet my friend would buy the game if he could demo it (loved RPGs several years back, but only recently got back into them with Skyrim).

Chris R

They havent said either way.

Well if there isn't an official demo I hope Redbox carries it for awhile. I got him to buy Skyrim after bringing my copy over to his house shortly after it came out. Don't plan on getting this on 360 though, I can wait until I get my PC built and buy it then.

ThankeeSai

As a plasma tv user:

Is there a way to reduce the opacity of the HUD or can be made to disappear to completely when not in combat?

I hear you.

I'm a plasma user too. Still getting the game, but why can't more games include the option to reduce opacity, like Fallout 3, Skyrim etc.

Even if it just vanished between combat sections, that'd be good enough.

*sigh*...oh well.

Salaadin

GOG version, but awesome. Exactly what I wanted to hear.

Damn, 6PM? Didn't realize that shit...So awesome and so ready!

Yup, CDPR says so in this post:
http://en.thewitcher.com/community/entry/187

To all PC gamers, who don't own their own copy of The Wircher 2 and want to play The Enhanced Edition as soon as possible. The digital version of the game will be avialable for sale at midnight between the 16th and 17th of April (+2 GMT). So if you want to be one of the first to play the game be sure not to miss the launch!

Midnight GMT+2 is 6:00PM EST tonight in the US.

I just remembered that they did the same thing for the GOG version of the original TW2 release but that ended up not making it online until later so Im not getting my hopes up. That way Ill be happy when it does go up :p

Complistic

I have a feeling steam wont patch until tomorrow so Im going to download the gog version and preload the patch just because I can.

Salaadin

Well, I guess if you Steam guys start now, you can download the GOG version and the preload and maybe be ready for the EE tonight. Its only 20 GBs :p

Skilletor

I wouldn't want a separate PC thread, since I'm playing on PC, but haven't gotten very far and I'm looking forward to talking about the game from the beginning. Both conversations are relevant to me, and I see no reason to separate the threads.

MrDaravon

Has anyone who ordered a copy through gamestop.com had theirs ship yet? I had to order from there a couple of months ago because that was the only place that was doing the Dark Edition. I've had the credit card charge pending since the 10th and it hasn't shipped yet, but I haven't had to order anything from Gamestop.com in probably at least 5+ years, so I don't know if they ship out the day before (today) like Amazon does or what.

Top Bottom