• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition |OT| Bow low, you stand before a head crowned.

Mupod

The launcher won't even start up now when I click on it. What a mess.

Mine starts and looks like this.

js8oALQQvLms6.jpg

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Hrmmm, I wonder if deleting all my shit then downloading the full EE version will do the trick. It'll take awhile but if it's a sure thing then it might be the way to go.

KorrZ

So excited to get the 360 version tomorrow. Completely avoiding seeing/hearing about the stuff that happens in this game for an entire year has been difficult, but I suspect it will be oh so worth it.

squidyj

pack0.dzip is 10.5GB in the pre-EE version, sooo you might as well just download the whole game again from GOG.

Yeah, I checked it and realized that but is GoG hosting the up to date EE? I mean, is there any guarantee that DLing off of GoG isn't going to put you back in the same place?

Mafro

Hrmmm, I wonder if deleting all my shit then downloading the full EE version will do the trick. It'll take awhile but if it's a sure thing then it might be the way to go.
I can't even do that since the EE isn't showing up on my GOG list despite successfully registering it.

Mupod

Oh, if you aborted then you can just run the patcher from the EEpatch directory and it'll run again.

Still fails though, of course. And the game won't launch.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
So, what's the download size going to be if I reinstall the gog version I've already backed up with all previous patches and then try to let it auto update? Just wondering if it's worthwhile to do that or just get the new 15GB client and backup that next instead.

injurai

Banned
Btw, Steam version can be redeemed on gog. Since it doesn't use a cd key you have to sent them the email confirmation from the purchase with hand written details on the printed page. Then photograph or scan that printed email with your signature and sent it to GoG. Kinda long, but it all works out. Cheers WitcherGaf!!!

Truant

Possible solution. We all delete one of the downloaded files and run the EE_predownloader again. When it's done, we try to run the setup again. If it works, post here which file you deleted so we can all do the same.

Nah, who am I kidding.

Acidote

It was slow due to my connection, but I can now say my retail game updated succesfully. And my cdkey registered without any problems too.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Btw, Steam version can be redeemed on gog. Since it doesn't use a cd key you have to sent them the email confirmation from the purchase with hand written details on the printed page. Then photograph or scan that printed email with your signature and sent it to GoG. Kinda long, but it all works out. Cheers WitcherGaf!!!

You can get the key by doing this.

Pachinko

I just noticed Steam is auto updating this game for me at the moment. I haven't even finished the first game yet so I only ever played the sequel for 10 minutes just to see how purdy it was.

Also of note- for some reason the reply to thread screen is completely fucked , an ad on the left has bumped the text box over the right side of the screen and neogafs formatting is all bonkers.

Riggs

Banned
Update, made it past framework installation (repair in my case). Rebooted after succesful install. Launcher just freezes and closes out after about 2 minutes.

I have the retail copy so I could uninstall and install , then DL the EE content again. But on my connection 10 GB will take around 40 min.

/edit

Default directory for EE should be C:/downloads

squidyj

So.... mine runs after ignoring pack0. but the menu is all invisible and i go to the tutorial and i get a massive red and blue strobing light full on across the sky. I think it might be borked.

hlhbk

I will report back after the full download of the enhanced edition is complete if it has any issues. Off to watch the last 2 episodes of Game Of Thrones Season 1.

I lost all of my saves when my computer died, and all that I am finding are on Megaupload, which means they no longer exist. Anybody have a Witcher 1 save file to send my way? Preferably a neutral, Triss game, but I'm not that particular in my circumstances.

masterkajo

cant find it in there lo

When you have the steam version but no CD-key you can use their support (link is on the CD-key redeem page in the text to the right - first paragraph) and provide them with your gog.com mail adress as well as your steam profile name and they will check if you have "The Witcher 2" in your games list. They said it maximally takes 72 hours... lol. But at least you get a DRM free version :)

Riggs

Banned
Holy fuck guys. I got it running, you sit at the black screen then hit esp or enter and finally lets me in. LOL.

The sky is lightning up like a police siren, blue and red.

Will post pics in a sec

Top Bottom