• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition |OT| Bow low, you stand before a head crowned.

squidyj

Yeah, this is what mine looks like.

8d0fcce082b27e5f9134ab5c128beed78f5135cf.png

Riggs

Banned
Mmmmmm that new lighting.

I made sure my card is not artifacting because I know someone is going to say that. Also the main menu is not there either you have to hover the mouse over new game / options etc to see them.

Crap sorry for the mega pic, will resize

Arnie

This is why the 360 version is the one to go with.

Kidding, obviously. Hope everyone gets it working. I'll be diving in come sunrise.

Ricker

Ok even though I got the zip error file the game works now...those of you getting a black screen,wait it out or hit the mouse button and it started...I have some graphic glitches though,flames on candle are a purple square,I dont see the load,save,option etc letters on the main menu unless I mouse down on them...but it works,it even kept my save...ill check the options now for the graphics,looks like a post processing thing...I have a GTX560Ti by the way.

squidyj

Mmmmmm that new lighting.

I made sure my card is not artifacting because I know someone is going to say that. Also the main menu is not there either you have to hover the mouse over new game / options etc to see them.

Crap sorry for the mega pic, will resize

You and me both, brother.

Riggs

Banned
squidyj purple witcher sky is the best witcher sky.
BP1y0.png

V2IEL.png

v7nk7.png

Was funny those candles were flashing like police sirens.

Ok one more

fDJkQ.png

Truant

Let's just get the jokes over with while we can.

My turn

"CDPR are obviously MS moneyhats to get people to buy the 360 version."

Mafro

My GOG backup has appeared now. I'll download that once it's confirmed by a few people that it's actually playable.

Ciastek3214

You want jokes? I got some

"Probably this is the new Xbox 360 lightning."

"Fix this shit, Gue..... CD Projekt RED!"

"Somebody instead of the patch uploaded some weird-ass creepypasta into my Witcher 2."

Chinner

Banned
from GOG forums:
It sounds like there's a problem with one of the files in the patcher; the GOG.com version, if you download it from your shelf, does not have this issue.

We've let RED know (and, of course, their forums have already lit up with this), and they're working on a fix as soon as they can get it out to you guys.

Sorry about this.

played just fine. i accidently skipped the tutorial. and went straight to the first area that i clicked

i set it to Ultra setting - so whatever that was lol.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Fuck it, uninstalled. Either way I'm probably gonna be waiting, so I might as well redownload the whole thing. It's just one big file so hopefully I won't have to dick around with patching. I'll just play some Stalker for now.

Edit - Guess I could have tried downloading it from the shelf. Oh well.

Mupod

Some fella on the gog forums recommended deleting TW2EE_Patch-1.bin from the EEpatch directory and running the downloader again. I just made a backup and I'm trying that now, but my internet is pretty slow.

Edit: Didn't work.

Bulk_Rate

So, based on the description of the EE, and the videos, I still can't tell whether the revised lock-on system functions like the classic lock-on in OoT, Dark Souls, etc.? I know I'm lame, but I started Witcher 2 after completed Dark Souls and my brain was hard-wired for that type of lock on system.

Not only I had the installing errors, but I also aborted the instalation and now I cant even enter the launcher. So I also fucked up my game.
Fucking amazing.
Downloading the EE from GoG now.
My internet connection is sooooo good... its crawling. Fuck this shit, im going to sleep.

Im pretty sure the gave for free to retail people the GoG version because they knew about the patch problem.

Riggs

Banned
Not only I had the installing errors, but I also aborted the instalation and now I cant even enter the launcher. So I also fucked up my game.
Fucking amazing.
My internet connection is sooooo good... its crawling. Fuck this shit, im going to sleep.

Im pretty sure the gave for free to retail people the GoG version because they knew about the patch problem.

Damn now you got me thinking.

The conspiracy starts !

Seriously though , I wonder if I should hold tight? Or just uninstall it all, and re download.

Truant

Fucking amazing.

You don't need to enter the launcher to get back to the patch setup, fyi.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
My GOG backup has appeared now. I'll download that once it's confirmed by a few people that it's actually playable.

Yeah, one of the GOG people just confirmed they have fixed the backup on the website. So download it from there if you can guys.

Ricker

Same here lol, I put some more pics up top of that.

What card do you have? looks like it might be a NVidia problem maybe?...anyway I tried a bunch of things,tried the suggested setting,turning stuff on and off etc etc...nothing works.It looks awesome and all but that purple of course makes it unplayable...

squidyj

i downloaded the patcher from the GOG site i think. was like 1.22MB? had it since april 11.

sounds like you preloaded it? if you could, please look around for files like
TW2EE_Patch-1.bin

I'm sure I'm not alone in not wanting to have to redownload the entire 10gb if I don't have to, if you don't mind helping me out.

Autofokus

So, after the preload patch fucked up I decided to uninstall the whole game and redownload the EE Edition from GOG.

I'm installing right now, will report asap if everything worked.

So, after the preload patch fucked up I decided to uninstall the whole game and redownload the EE Edition from GOG.

I'm installing right now, will report asap if everything worked.
Quick question, did you use the GOG downloader? If so what did it download as? Mine only says The Witcher 2 Assassin of Kings but doesn't mention EE, so I don't know if I am downloading the right thing.

Riggs

Banned
I looked through OT and could not find it, where can I go on GOG to register Witcher 2 so I have it in my account. I bought the retail.

Have a GTX 480 btw Ricker.

All this talk about reinstalling the entire game brings up a question for me. Does this game benefit from being on a SSD at all, aside from minor quicker load times? Does it help with streaming at all?

Top Bottom