• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition |OT| Bow low, you stand before a head crowned.

Aeana

I just finished the download and have the installer window here. It's sounding like I shouldn't bother actually initiating the install yet.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I have the retail disc-based Witcher 2. I downloaded the patch last week, and the launcher is not recognizing the update.

Is the retail not compatible with the new update, and I have to wait?

Digoman

*sigh*

Same here as everyone else.. corrupted. Well, there appears to be some new extra to look around (at least I don't remember that comic).

Azar

I just finished the download and have the installer window here. It's sounding like I shouldn't bother actually initiating the install yet.

Yeah, I would suggest everyone who hasn't already tried to install the patch hold off. Breaking the installer is potentially a bigger headache you can probably avoid.

Eusis

Oh, EVERYONE'S having this problem? Well, the patch is 10 GB to download, and the game is 15 GB to download... soooo, downloading from GOG it is.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Well this is bad. I just got told that pack0.dzip is corrupted, and a friend on the GOG IRC has the same error.

Wow, its my file the only one that isnt corrupted?

Doing to start playing now, ive never been so lucky with this things.

BTW, when I downloaded the patch a week ago I had multiple download errors, so that doesnt seem to corrput the patch.

Salaadin

I have the retail disc-based Witcher 2. I downloaded the patch last week, and the launcher is not recognizing the update.

How do you know its not recognizing it?

The launcher will say "EE patch ready for download". COntinue through all that and itll detect wherever you downloaded the patch preload. It will then download a final 280MB piece and then take you to the installation.

Autofokus

fuck

ax0H2.jpg

With a clean 2.1 install. :(

Truant

As a reward for your patience, we will give you what we have left... our first born children. Please accept this humble gift from Poland. Also, tell your friends about The Witcher.

pahamrick

Wow, its my file the only one that isnt corrupted?

Doing to start playing now, ive never been so lucky with this things.

BTW, when I downloaded the patch a week ago I had multiple download errors, so that doesnt seem to corrput the patch.

You're not the only one, patch worked fine for me, just finished installing and about to play.

Ricker

Start the launcher in admin mode and the new patch,which is 10 gig or so just got release yesterday to pre download...if you didnt get that then you should get a huge patch now fromyour launcher...or go to the witcher 2 page and download the enhanced edition patch.

Mr. Hyde

Buying it on GOG since I've never gotten around to playing it. I never finished Witcher 1 but I will eventually go through it again, but I am in the mood to play some Witcher 2. I am excited!

hlhbk

Not a huge deal if my Witcher 2 install gets blown away since I bought it at launch and haven't even started playing it yet. Downloading the remaining 291 MB now. Will report back with my results

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Fart, getting a runtime error after accepting the EE patch. Nothing happened the first time, but the second time it still went on to install the remaining files. Let's say a prayer.

Top Bottom