• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition |OT| Bow low, you stand before a head crowned.

michaelo3333

Neo Member
Steam user here, didn't preload or activate on GOG, just had Steam autoupdate it and it launched fine.

Yeah, I really regret not buying the Steam version now. Every time they issue a patched I swear something is messed up and I have issues installing and have to start over. I hate their patchers. If there is an issue it is never clear and tells you what is wrong.

After predownloading all that data I downloaded the remaining today. It was corrupt apparent so I hit ignore but then while that was going I read there was a fixed file so I aborted the install and it said it was restoring to previous state replaced the corrupt file with the supposedly fixed one. Now I am getting different errors about more corrupt files ugh.

I think if this game goes on sale on Steam tomorrow I will just say screw it and buy it there. I am so over this Polish patching business.

Aeana

You pretty much have to fail the setup initially right (to get to the point where you can add two files?)

Hmm? No. I never failed the setup. I canceled out of the installer before letting it get started after I read about the issues. You just download the files and copy them to the patch download folder (C:\downloads by default) and overwrite what's already there.

Replaced the two files. The installer went (much) longer this time. But at the end the error popped up again.

Why the fuck does the game hate me. :(

You're not the only one, my GOG download was also corrupted -_- , so I downloaded it again, merging files with fingers crossed. Probably because the first GOG version also had the problem, but apparently they fixed it..

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
They added ducks to Flotsam. DUCKS.

Moaradin

Can confirm that replacing the two files in the preload folders works great. Installed without any errors and I'm now in the game.

inky

I wondered why my Steam version wasn't updating. Apparently removing that 20mb game I didn't need installed did the trick -.-

Hmm? No. I never failed the setup. I canceled out of the installer before letting it get started after I read about the issues. You just download the files and copy them to the patch download folder (C:\downloads by default) and overwrite what's already there.

Okay I'm at the point where I have the 10 gigs downloaded. I opened game and it said EE ready to download. I clicked ok, then it said EE ready to be installed (that was 1 second). Do I cancel now or let it do its thing. The reason I ask is because what about the other ~300 megs?

Edit: I think I get you, I'll just dl the parts and cancel this setup.

ironcreed

Banned
SIFMy.jpg

About ready to dive in.

Aeana

Okay I'm at the point where I have the 10 gigs downloaded. I opened game and it said EE ready to download. I clicked ok, then it said EE ready to be installed (that was 1 second). Do I cancel now or let it do its thing. The reason I ask is because what about the other ~300 megs?

No, let that go, because it'll download the actual patcher EXE. After that, it'll automatically open up an installer and that's what you close out of. Then replace those files and run TWEE_Patch.exe from C:\Downloads

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Can confirm that replacing the two files in the preload folders works great. Installed without any errors and I'm now in the game.

I'm just waiting for the remaining 8gbs to download. I decided to uninstall like a minute before someone posted the fix lol.

Replaced the two files. Install completed successfully. It's really too bad that simple mess up is causing so much trouble. The prepatch was a ticking time bomb. Luckily the fix is relatively painless.

No, let that go, because it'll download the actual patcher EXE. After that, it'll automatically open up an installer and that's what you close out of. Then replace those files and run TWEE_Patch.exe from C:\Downloads

This is what I was looking for. Thanks !

Grymm

Banned
Why is there a WB games logo on the 360 version? When did this become a Warner Bros IP?

I forgot about that. Didn't they have legal trouble with someone... THQ maybe? and then WB wound up getting the rights to distribute the console version or something?

Batman VS Geralt DLC incoming.

RedSwirl

So I shouldn't try to install yet? I'm not gonna try to play this for a while anyway, at least until I figure out what's wrong with my system, so I might as well wait until the servers have cooled down.

Derrick01

Banned
What's this about replacing files and all that stuff to get it to work. Is that just for the non Steam versions?

My steam update is going now but it's only 1gb done. Also is this the full update or will there be an "unlock" or whatever tomorrow?

Ricker

pack0.dzip went though with no problems after I updated the two patch files, so I think the manual patch is fixed.

So if you downloaded the preload, open the launcher and it'll download the last 300mb of patch and proceed to patching. If the patch corrupts at pack0.dzip, download file part 1 and part 2 from here http://en.thewitcher.com/ee_manual to your preload folder, and run TW2EE_Patch.exe again.

I`ll do that if that fixes the purple glitch...waiting for those who have that problem.

You're not the only one, my GOG download was also corrupted -_- , so I downloaded it again, merging files with fingers crossed. Probably because the first GOG version also had the problem, but apparently they fixed it..

The worst thing of all I dont even know which file is causing the error now.
Im downloading file by file with my shitty internet connection and its 2:18 am here, so its not going to be fun.

And im pretty sure it was my connection the one that gave me so many errors the first time during the big patch download, and thats why the majority of my files seem corrupt. So fuck jazztel, fuck them in the ass, liars and thiefs.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Any impactful optimisations for lower end systems?

No idea. They also added pigs :p.

I booted up a couple of save files to try and spot any immediate differences. The only other thing I noticed was (Act II spoiler)
the comet now looks different
. Otherwise the game looks and performs exactly as it always did.

wutwutwut

I wondered why my Steam version wasn't updating. Apparently removing that 20mb game I didn't need installed did the trick -.-
Updates with the new content system are applied to a copy of the files rather than the original files, which in Witcher 2's case means an extra 16 GB of disk space is temporarily needed.

The advantage is that you can actually switch to offline mode and play the older version.

K.Sabot

So I have the files, but when I run the game it wants me to redownload the files...

Is there an exe for the installer out there?

Truant

Runs fine on my system, like it used to.

A few things.

- Graphics look the same, no updated lighting.
- Shadows are still dithered and ugly
- Pad controls remain unchanged. The 360 version has descriptions of each Sign, something this game lacks. I never remember what they do.

I can see why they released this for free.

RedSwirl

I remember the base game being around 9GB when it first came out. Are you basically re-downloading the entire game with EE?

EatChildren

It has new quests, areas, cinematics, dialogue, and a handful of new little details to spruce up the package. You're talking like they cheaped out.

Complistic

Runs fine on my system, like it used to.

A few things.

- Graphics look the same, no updated lighting.
- Shadows are still dithered and ugly
- Pad controls remain unchanged. The 360 version has descriptions of each Sign, something this game lacks. I never remember what they do.

They didn't have to release 5 hours of extra game play for free.

Aeana

I'm definitely disappointed that some of the 360 version playability enhancements were not included on PC, though. I just don't get that.

burgerdog

Looks like the changed lighting from the 360 version isn't in the pc EE. Pictures incoming.

360_lighting1.png

PC EE
witcher2eej1cpg.jpg

Before anyone asks if I am indeed playing the EE.
weef7exj.jpg

Top Bottom