• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition |OT| Bow low, you stand before a head crowned.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Looks like the changed lighting from the 360 version isn't in the pc EE. Pictures incoming.

Makes for an interesting value of the 360 version even if you have the pc one. I own the pc edition and have the 360 one coming tomorrow. I dont have a mega PC though...

ss_lemonade

Runs fine on my system, like it used to.

A few things.

- Graphics look the same, no updated lighting.
- Shadows are still dithered and ugly
- Pad controls remain unchanged. The 360 version has descriptions of each Sign, something this game lacks. I never remember what they do.

I can see why they released this for free.
Bummer. Was expecting new lighting goodness and a fix to the shadow dithering.

I'm definitely disappointed that some of the 360 version playability enhancements were not included on PC, though. I just don't get that.

Those sneaky bastards. They gave it to us for free so we couldn't complain or at least we'll feel really bad for complaining. And I thought they were cool.

Eusis

I'm definitely disappointed that some of the 360 version playability enhancements were not included on PC, though. I just don't get that.
I can understand not getting the new lighting or something, in case that's something that only works on 360 but not PC (or is just too much of a pain to implement and QA), but the inability to carry over control improvements for playing on a 360 via pad comes off as odd. Maybe if I played the 360 version I'd see why?

ss_lemonade

ok. Can someone help me out here. I have preloaded the 10gig update already and after some internet difficulties, got the final patch to download as well. Now onto the install, I get a pack0.dzip corrupted error. I read somewhere that I needed to redownload the TW2EE_Patch-1.bin file so I did that and hit the retry button on the patcher and I still get the error T_T. How do I know which one to redownload?

teiresias

Well what? Did you expect them to give you a whole new fucking game for free?

Fixing the shadow dithering wasn't a realistic expectation, so I don't know why people would think that would be included - it would take probably substantial updates to the engine.

However, I really don't see why they couldn't at least include the updated 360 controller enhancements in the PC version. At the very least I was hoping we'd get those. It's not to the extent of Mass Effects absence of controller support, but it's close in the mindlessness of the omission.

It's pretty disappointing.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Have we established what the gamepad enhancements actually are, aside from some buttons being remapped? Just curious.

Grymm

Banned
ok. Can someone help me out here. I have preloaded the 10gig update already and after some internet difficulties, got the final patch to download as well. Now onto the install, I get a pack0.dzip corrupted error. I read somewhere that I needed to redownload the TW2EE_Patch-1.bin file so I did that and hit the retry button on the patcher and I still get the error T_T. How do I know which one to redownload?

you did it right but you also need to download file #2.

Derrick01

Banned
Have we established what the gamepad enhancements actually are, aside from some buttons being remapped? Just curious.

I have no idea what they could even enhance there. After the 2.0 patch where they fixed some unresponsiveness in the combat and the menus I remember it working perfectly. With a wired 360 pad at least.

Aeana

Those sneaky bastards. They gave it to us for free so we couldn't complain or at least we'll feel really bad for complaining. And I thought they were cool.

What are you talking about? These changes were already made and are in the 360 version, there's no real reason for them not to be in the PC version, at least when playing with the gamepad. I'm talking about the UI and control improvements. Yes, the update is free. No, that's not going to stop me from giving my opinion on what's given. Good lord.

What are you talking about? These changes were already made and are in the 360 version, there's no real reason for them not to be in the PC version, at least when playing with the gamepad. I'm talking about the UI and control improvements. Yes, the update is free. No, that's not going to stop me from giving my opinion on what's given. Good lord.

Sorry I was trying to make a joke. Obviously, I failed. It wasn't meant to be an attack on your post. I didn't thnk what you said was out of line at all. I actually completely agree with you.

iavi

Yeah, they've definitely done conscious work towards making the 360 version seem almost ideal in the long run. Not that I really fault them, at all, given what they're trying to do, but when they do something so obviously business-minded it does clash with the consumer-at-all-cost image they've crafted.

Eusis

Well, I'm curious to hear someone dissect the changes, but if it's just rearranging the buttons an UI stuff... well, the latter COULD have been a problem to implement (and might be moddable) while the buttons should be trivial to re-arrange, assuming the 360 layout IS inherently better of course.

Sorry to bother again but any good tweaking guides? I have an i7 and 570GTX. I had a perfect setting but I had to re-install Windows and I lost most of my files including my confg and saves.

Riggs

Banned
Finally got the game to work thanks GAF. Took the 1 and 2 bin files, put in my patch folder. Let patch re run, now game works great.

Pad control is meh, I don't like selecting the spells it doesn't seem fluid. You can use left stick but its up and down, not full analog if that makes any sense.

Will have to decide if I am going to use pad or kb/m. I really want to sit on the couch to play this one!

ArbiterMajor
Sorry to bother again but any good tweaking guides? I have an i7 and 570GTX. I had a perfect setting but I had to re-install Windows and I lost most of my files including my confg and saves.

I am on a GTX 480 and run everything high as it can go at 1920 X 1080. Except ubersampling is turned off. You should be able to run this game at max with that card.

Grymm

Banned
Finally got the game to work thanks GAF. Took the 1 and 2 bin files, put in my patch folder. Let patch re run, now game works great.

Pad control is meh, I don't like selecting the spells it doesn't seem fluid. You can use left stick but its up and down, not full analog if that makes any sense.

Will have to decide if I am going to use pad or kb/m. I really want to sit on the couch to play this one!

Pad is definitely the way to go in this one if for nothing else other than being able to walk or run with the analogs.

I'm glad I saved my previous end saves so I could watch the new endings for all of them.

Sucks that you have to wait through all the credits to see the new end ending, because the length of game credits with all the languages included is ridiculous.

Ricker

I am on a GTX 480 and run everything high as it can go at 1920 X 1080. Except ubersampling is turned off. You should be able to run this game at max with that card.

So no more purple Riggs...I will do the part 1 and 2 now then.

Elsolar

My install was screwed up by my failed EE install the first time around, now I'm waiting for the full game to re-download, which should take, judging by my current speeds, just about the rest of my natural life.

UxFNo.png

EDIT: While I wait, did they change any of the obvious technical issues with the PC version? Shadow dithering and ridiculous input lag being the most egregious.

Eusis

Man, if the fix was that simple I should've waited a few hours then tried, rather than downloading the full game from GOG and having that take forever to install. Ah well, at least I can keep that on my HDD.

Mafro

Doing the combat bit of the tutorial and for some reason the riposte section is impossible to complete. The knife icon doesn't appear on the enemy after I parry and as a result I can't do a riposte. Anyone else getting this glitch?

Good to know. I remembering getting low FPS when the game came out, that is why I ask :)

epmode

Doing the combat bit of the tutorial and for some reason the riposte section is impossible to complete. The knife icon doesn't appear on the enemy after I parry and as a result I can't do a riposte. Anyone else getting this glitch?
Try setting your screen to a 16:9 resolution. 16:10 caused UI glitches before this patch hit and I haven't bothered to check how it is now.

EDIT: While I wait, did they change any of the obvious technical issues with the PC version? Shadow dithering and ridiculous input lag being the most egregious.

It doesn't appear that they touched either issue. I was planning on starting over from scratch to see the changes but now I think I'll skip straight to Act 3. That new intro is pretty rad at least!

File archives corrupted AGAIN from GOG. And because I'm using the GOG downloader the file structure is different from the several files of the manual download. FTS. Enjoy the game people, 3 AM and I can't get this shit to work. I'm going to sleep and some day I'll try again -_- . PD Yeah, I'm really angry ;b

So the game doubled in size for the EE?

Can you even patch 2.0 to EE?

I would assume so? My steam patch is 11gb.

1mb a second... i still have about an hour and a half left :/

Though the reports of a lot of things not being changed doesn't have me as jazzed as i was before i came into this thread.

Varna

Damn it. I closed Steam when the patch was 99% downloaded and now it's starting all over again. :/

Shame the new lighting isn't coming to the PC. Looks a lot better to be honest.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
fml now I have to re DL all the parts of the patch manually ><

The game install was corrupted and now the base game won't even boot.

Grymm

Banned
Since there was that "Missables" thread around earlier before I dive in, and I realize everyones not familiar with the new content yet, but with the original content are there any major missables to be aware of?

~Kinggi~

Banned
CDPR have some of the worst single-player launches ever. First go round they had that horrible CRC disc error and now they have corrupted downloads.

Grymm

Banned
CDPR have some of the worst single-player launches ever. First go round they had that horrible CRC disc error and now they have corrupted downloads.

You're being a bit over dramatic there. There's certainly been much worse, many coming in the last year. Rage, Dead Island, Dragon Age 2, etc etc. This is relatively small compared to those.

Top Bottom