• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition |OT| Bow low, you stand before a head crowned.

Elsolar

Since there was that "Missables" thread around earlier before I dive in, and I realize everyones not familiar with the new content yet, but with the original content are there any major missables to be aware of?

The only one I can think of that impacts gameplay in any meaningful way is
don't kill Aryan La Vallet during the prologue, make sure to spare his life. For some reason the game gives you a +50 carrying capacity perk if you do that.
Oh, and
don't give Dethmold the grimoire.

RedSwirl

So if I'm at 2.0 from GOG, how big of a bite is this thing gonna take out of my data cap?

Edit: my current install size said 17GB. Does the EE really download an additional 21 on top of that?

~Kinggi~

Banned
You're being a bit over dramatic there. There's certainly been much worse, many coming in the last year. Rage, Dead Island, Dragon Age 2, etc etc. This is relatively small compared to those.

I still cannot use my Witcher 2 retail disc on both my dvd drives. Thats pretty damn bad (Its not cause they are dirty its cause they stored the files on disc the wrong way causing them to be incompatible with a large array of dvd drives.. I had to get comped gog downloads.

teiresias

So Bethesda can't get (some) console versions of games right, and CDPR can't get the PC version of their PC game right. Who do we turn to now?

Was the controller support in the PC version ever patched so you could pick items to loot rather than having to pick up everything in a container or on a person? That was my main pet peeve with the controller support in the game. I'd like to know whether that was added in after I stopped playing it (I think I stopped pre 2.0, not sure), and if not, if it has been added into the 360 version of the game, in which case I'm still screwed, but at least I know it's because they chose not to implement it on the PC and I can judge their character accordingly.

hlhbk

So let me get this straight while we get the new content of the 360 version we don't get the simple technology enhancements?

Respect for CD Projekt=lost

Varna

So let me get this straight while we get the new content of the 360 version we don't get the simple technology enhancements?

Don't want to seem ungrateful, but it does kind of blow.

I was really hoping the control enhancements would make it. The lighting looks so much better too... Does the 360 version have less shadow dithering too?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
360 version needs own thread. >_<

Why? We on PC already have it. And we have a tech thread. It's an all out vent thread. If 360 people have DL issues with a patch or something, we'd be hearing it here too. This is the early part of this thread still.

I'll wait this one out. I have already completed a playthrough with the pc version when it was released so I'm in no hurry. Given CD Projekt's history I'm confident they will release an update with the new lighting. Happy gaming to all the Xbox 360 peeps who are getting this game tonight or tomorrow.

AnnSwag

angry @ Blu-Ray's success
I've been playing the Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2: Assassin's of Kings, and my only problem with the game has to be it's over complicated items menus.

Grymm

Banned
Don't remember seeing this in the patch notes but it looks like they added Alienware FX support. My beautiful Alienware desktop tower just lit up a nice shade of Witcher orange-ish when the game started.

Opening cinematic is awesome.

and thanks Elsolar for the reminder about the missable perk things!

You 360 players are in for a hell of a treat. Console RPG of the forever right here.

Riggs

Banned
Pad is definitely the way to go in this one if for nothing else other than being able to walk or run with the analogs.

Think your right I will try pad , can't wait to play this on the TV!

So no more purple Riggs...I will do the part 1 and 2 now then.

Ya no more purple hah. Well no more red/blue/pink either, to tired to play but tomorrow will be glorious.

Eusis

360 version needs own thread. >_<
Not really, 360 version isn't even out for most people and I imagine by the time it IS most of this will have blown over. What hasn't can probably be redirected to the tech thread.

GOG install works great for me, I'll definitely be getting back into this.
how come i never knew about Triss Playboy zip file on GOG lol.
It literally just came out.

Not really, 360 version isn't even out for most people and I imagine by the time it IS most of this will have blown over. What hasn't can probably be redirected to the tech thread.

GOG install works great for me, I'll definitely be getting back into this.

It literally just came out.

orly lol. that's why. there's one i like (3b.jpg). the rest are shit.

Guri

So, I've played for some time
until the dragon showed up
and I saw some performance gain. At least 10-15 frames in-game (60-75 fps). Don't know about new effects, but it is a better package.

Digoman

Of course I already had downloaded the full thing just before the fix appeared... but same end result anyway. Everything is ok now, and yes the lighting/shadows appear the same as always, but I think the "improved" 360 version was actually toned down because of hardware limitations... it just that CDPR also addressed some other criticisms in the process. Overall from the screenshots I still prefer the old model better (specially with bloom off) so not a big deal for me.

Guys, can we talk about how badass that new cinematic was? :O
Yeah, really nice new intro, and shows more "love" for a character that I already felt was great, contrary to my expectations when I first played the game.

So what exactly are these control enhancements that PC players are missing out on? Never had any problems with the gamepad controls pre-EE...

Sober

It was a promo thing done before the original version of TW2. Some Triss lookalike posed for Polish Playboy. The pics can now be downloaded in the extras section at GOG.com.
Thought it was just the CGI ones but now I am .... going to go to GOG.com and checking.

It was a promo thing done before the original version of TW2. Some Triss lookalike posed for Polish Playboy. The pics can now be downloaded in the extras section at GOG.com.

Won't someone think of the children?

spoiler
That scene in the hidden chamber in the forest made me feel something I've never thought feeling in games. DAYUUUUM

MattDoza

Any Gamefly members have a copy ship out, today? It's 6:30pst and they haven't shipped it to me. Starting to think they won't. :( I guess it could ship tomorrow, but they always ship a day early.

Serious

Since there was that "Missables" thread around earlier before I dive in, and I realize everyones not familiar with the new content yet, but with the original content are there any major missables to be aware of?

Not major, but make sure you destroy every target dummy you see. There are several in the prologue, a bunch in act 1, some in act 3, and none in act 2 (at least with Roche's path). If you destroy 10 unique dummies, you get a 10% experience gain, but if you miss the dummies in the prologue you can't get the bonus until act 3. Not a huge deal, but insanely easy to miss if you don't know about it before hand.

Also, IIRC in the prologue, there was a chance to get some guys to give you a (cursed?) amulet, which I think leads to a quest in Act 1. Not 100% sure on that.

Grymm

Banned
I still cannot use my Witcher 2 retail disc on both my dvd drives. Thats pretty damn bad (Its not cause they are dirty its cause they stored the files on disc the wrong way causing them to be incompatible with a large array of dvd drives.. I had to get comped gog downloads.

I don't know if this may have something to do with your issue or not but after I installed the EE patch at the very end of it it automatically ran a Windows .... wtf is that thing called the ummmmmmm .net framewrk repair update. 4 extended or something it said. Took forever and the actual witcher 2 ee patcher program told me installation complete please restart your PC which I had never seen a game install or patcher say to do before.

So between maybe having to repair or update your .net framework and reset your pc after install maybe one or both of those things might help you.

ss_lemonade

Ok finally got the thing installed. Is it normal for the launcher to be really buggy? Seems to hang for a few minutes and the logo sort of bugs out then all of a sudden, fixes itself

Cels

So Bethesda can't get (some) console versions of games right, and CDPR can't get the PC version of their PC game right. Who do we turn to now?

Was the controller support in the PC version ever patched so you could pick items to loot rather than having to pick up everything in a container or on a person? That was my main pet peeve with the controller support in the game. I'd like to know whether that was added in after I stopped playing it (I think I stopped pre 2.0, not sure), and if not, if it has been added into the 360 version of the game, in which case I'm still screwed, but at least I know it's because they chose not to implement it on the PC and I can judge their character accordingly.

In the 360 version, you can't select items, you just grab them all from a container you highlight.

I've been playing the Xbox 360 version of The Witcher 2: Assassin's of Kings, and my only problem with the game has to be it's over complicated items menus.

Are you getting any vibration/rumble in your playthrough? I haven't gotten it to work!

i hope your joking.. CD Projekt promised several hours of additional content, bug fixes, a GOG backup and your still not happy? it's hard to please babies.. lol

Ricker

So they definetly didn't fix the dithering on the PC version,it's even worst now and I can't finish the tutorial...it tells me to go into the character panel and spend all my points on the training path,I added the talent point,got 0 left but it keeps telling me the same thing when I get out of the exit menu,over and over...

Aeana

i hope your joking.. CD Projekt promised several hours of additional content, bug fixes, a GOG backup and your still not happy? it's hard to please babies.. lol

It isn't hard to please people. Here's the way to please the person you quoted: bring the 360 enhancements to PC. None of those things you listed do that, so therefore they did not please him. What's so difficult to comprehend?

Top Bottom