• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition |OT| Bow low, you stand before a head crowned.

Varna

Anyone know how configure the gamepad on the PC version? I really want to have a button just to cycle through items and spells. :(

kamspy

This is one of the greatest games I ever played.

Started on kbm, but it really shines with a controller. I recommend new players, or even old kbm players to try it with the 360 pad. It's a lot better. OT, but so Kingdom of Alumar is the same way, but even more so. Whole different game with the 360 pad.

This is coming from a kbm lover.

Varna

Started on kbm, but it really shines with a controller. I recommend new players, or even old kbm players to try it with the 360 pad. It's a lot better. OT, but so Kingdom of Alumar is the same way, but even more so. Whole different game with the 360 pad.

Both have their pros. I played it first with the keyboard... the combat doesn't feel as good. The gamepad layout for the PC is just shit though. Why can't select just bring up the inventory? Why can't up/down on the dpad cycle through bombs/spells? I really wish they had a menu so you could tweak it. Not to mention the inventory just works horrible with the gamepad.

I don't know if I'd call that fixed. Fixed continuity, sure, but again if this were BioWare handling their relationships in the same way they'd be strung up and stoned by the gaming community.

It's a simple continuity workaround for what CDP really wanted: Shani out of the picture, Triss the locked canon romance.

As opposed to BioWare games and BioWare romances, I don't have as much of an issue with how CDP handled it, since Geralt is an actual character that exists with an indentity beyond what the player gives them. Even voiced BioWare player characters like Shepard or Hawke aren't really characters in their own right once you take the player out of the equation. Whereas somebody like an Adam Jensen or Geralt exist just fine without the player.

Granted, CDP could have handled the Shani situation a bit better in game so the player wasn't left wondering what happened.

And well, I don't know that Triss is really the canon romance. There is Yennefer, who I'm sure will factor into TW3.

Regarding The Witcher 1,
other than Triss/Shani, what else could they carry over? I might just be drawing a blank but thats the only major thing I can think of.

Its mostly the Order of the Flaming Rose stuff. I know if you sided with the Order, in Act 3 you can meet up with Siegfried again and have a little talk. But thats about it.

Complistic

they actually added a shani codex to TW2 EE if you "romanced" her in TW1 which explains why you're no longer with her.

Some of you have surely heard the rumors about the relationship that bloomed between the young medic Shani and Geralt. I hasten to inform you that they are all true. I consider Shani a friend both true and old. We go back to the days when I lectured in minstrelsy at Oxenfurt University, and I was the one to introduce her to the witcher. Upon Geralt's return to the living, they were reunited in Vizima, where the red-haired medic competed with Triss Merigold for Geralt's heart. She emerged victorious from the rivalry. The flame of their romance blazed bright, but it burned out quickly. Though a very young woman, Shani proved more mature than the witcher, who had always found relationships puzzling and difficult. Geralt would dodge his obligations towards her, preferring instead to pursue the missions King Foltest assigned him. The medic quickly realized this flour would yield no bread. She had a serious conversation with the witcher, and they parted amicably. Shani accepted an offer to teach at Oxenfurt and left for that city, whereas Geralt followed Foltest to the lands of the La Valettes. After splitting with Shani, the witcher needed comforting and quickly found solace in Triss Merigold's arms.

I'd say their explanation is pretty solid.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
Seems I was able to get the experienced character attritibute right at the start of the game.

I destroyed the first 5 training dummy's, then saved my game, I then killed myself using the camp fire, reloaded my game and all 5 training dummy's had respawned, so I destroyed them again and got the experienced attritibute.

This was on Xbox 360

Act 3 Main quest. Holy shit at
Dethmold going out like a bitch. I expected a fight, but Roche had other ideas. Obviously he didn't like him very much

LaneDS

Mostly skipping the thread for spoilers, but does the PC version support the 360 pad natively? Bed-ridden recovering from a surgery, so I'm hoping yes.

Did anyone's dark mode sets stop giving them health when they attacked an enemy? I think mine bugged out. I finished the game, but I'm reinstalling it now. I hope it works. I remember the Oathbreaker's set giving me health and I felt overpowered, but then it stopped doing that for whatever reason.

Grisby

Do I have to do something special in order to instigate the "Hung Over" quest? I go by the inn and nothing happens. Supposed to be a cool quest and I'd like to see
Ves again.

Also, is there a relationship deal in this game or can Geralt get it on without consequence?

Do I have to do something special in order to instigate the "Hung Over" quest? I go by the inn and nothing happens. Supposed to be a cool quest and I'd like to see
Ves again.

Also, is there a relationship deal in this game or can Geralt get it on without consequence?

Did you start the quest at the
Blue Stripes headquarters at night by talking to Ves, play a game with her and start arm wrestling?

If you have done that you need to talk to
Margot, the madam, downstairs at the inn. She lets you know what happened the night before

~Kinggi~

Banned
I remember people in here saying they saw that a bunch of animals got added to flotsam, like ducks and pigs and cats, but i cant find any. I'm on the 360 version btw.

they actually added a shani codex to TW2 EE if you

...where the red-haired medic competed with Triss Merigold for Geralt's heart.
such a fun part of the first game...
A_Weetcher__s_romance_part_1_by_secondchildrenASL.jpg

Blue Stripes headquarters at night by talking to Ves, play a game with her and start arm wrestling?
Hhhhm I might have the location wrong. Where's their hideout exactly? I haven't seen Ves at all.

Take the stairway immediately to the left of the inn when facing the main entrance. The doorway at the top of the stairs is the Blue Stripes HQ.

edit: Post below says west of the inn. That sounds right, although I can't remember the exact orientation of the map.

Hhhhm I might have the location wrong. Where's their hideout exactly? I haven't seen Ves at all.

The exact location is west of the Inn. A building that you can only get in on the second floor with a staircase on the right side of the building.

Edit: Beaten.

2AdEPT

It says in the Quest Handbook that comes with the game that if you meet her
after you help Iorveth at the ruins then the Squirrels won't attack you so you can avoid that fight. I have been waiting to finish that quest until after the ruins for that very reason.

the fight was easy in my game....i went in the cave and determined that she was with the ST, then she tried to worm out....but alll the guards came with for the ambush and killed all the ST for me.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Shit i just realized they completely changed the music for Flotsam. I liked the old theme so much more. I can barely hear music now in town. wtf

tauke

Dang I wish CDProjekt didn't downsize the image resolution for the Enhanced Edition artbook PDF.

Here is a comparison with the original and EE artbook image resolution:

The original artbook size is 202MB while the EE artbook is 54.1MB.

So I finally beat it. Great ending, at least the one I got.

I'm going to go back, play a few more permutations that will only take a bit of time, and then redo from a late Chapter 1 save and follow the other path. Then I'll catch the other endings on youtube if I can find them. I don't think I'll be beating the game 16 times to get all the differences.

I never beat the game before the enhanced edition was released. Changes are just the sidequests in Chapter 3 and the Dandelion voiced scenario at the end, correct? As in, before the EE the only consequences for your decision played out in game?

Eusis

The original artbook size is 202MB while the EE artbook is 54.1MB.
Makes me glad I registered before the switch and downloaded it beforehand! Hope they put either the original or an updated EE one up later, at least once there's no chance of actually getting the Dark edition.

StarEye

The Amiga Brotherhood

Can you choose your loot individually now or are you still forced to pick up everything in a loot container when using the X360 controller? I'd love to play it again, but I want to play with my controller, and if I still can't choose what to loot, I probably won't play it before they fix that.

Eusis

Nope, still not fixed.

It'd be nice if you could use either kb/m or gamepad on the fly, like with games like Deus Ex. It'd be handy to go to a pile of loot, switch to the mouse to select, or switch to the mouse for menus. Instead it's one or the other for some damned reason.

edbrat

Just started this on 360 - I am sucking at combat feel a big overwhelmed by my options - any noob tips to suck slightly less?

I am not totally hopeless at deep combat systems have hundreds of hours in dark souls and ninja gaiden etc but I am flailing around in this! Have all day today to get into this properly wish me luck gaf.

Just started this on 360 - I am sucking at combat feel a big overwhelmed by my options - any noob tips to suck slightly less?

I am not totally hopeless at deep combat systems have hundreds of hours in dark souls and ninja gaiden etc but I am flailing around in this! Have all day today to get into this properly wish me luck gaf.

I got my ass kicked the first prologue mission I did. Died about 5 times straight trying to arm the Ballista. You just have to meditate and use potions and buffs. Try fighting one enemy at a time and keep the flow of the fight going. I eventually got through it and have hardly died since then, and if I died, it's like Demon's Souls because it was my fault.

The start is the most difficult in my opinion because you do not have the life saving abilities like improved dodge and improved quen sign. Survive the first 1-2 hours and it will become easier on the way.

Des0lar

will learn eventually

roll and quen. Don't hack at enemies, wait for openings.roll and quen TRAP THEM WITH YYYYYYYYRDEN. roll and quen. use Axii to remove 2 enemies at once. roll and quen

using potions and oils is nice, but not necessary in the prologue. Later though, absolutely.

Can you choose your loot individually now or are you still forced to pick up everything in a loot container when using the X360 controller? I'd love to play it again, but I want to play with my controller, and if I still can't choose what to loot, I probably won't play it before they fix that.

With the controller you loot everything. It's so annoying. After playing the game through on controller, the added movement in combat is not enough to keep me using it. The game just works better with kbm, especially when dealing with things like looting, meditating, and inventory management. I feel more connected to the character movement surprisingly. Also, turning off mouse smoothing really helped.

Flotsam...
I accidently said no to Gaspar's request for my participation in his little experiment... oops. Am I missing much? Think I made the wrong decision for letting the alchemist have the incense formula too, lol

Top Bottom