• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition |OT| Bow low, you stand before a head crowned.

2AdEPT

Acidentally upgraded my Yrden to link and Yrden Level 2...and it's something I rarely use :(

I'm level 23 now and still in the 2nd chapter. Will I rank up enough to basically buy everything or should I just go for a max Yrden upgrade and see if its useful?

I kinda used it linked up...but I focusedon te magic tree and only avoided igni...the rest I took pretty high....there is a special non mandatory quest path in act three which continues from the mystic river questline in act 2....
you can enter a place that will allow you to redistribute your whole whack of treee choices form scrath
comes so late in the game, but still an interesting option...I didn't change muchon minethough as I chose what I chose for a reason most of the time.

Dries

So my girlfriends HDD isn't big enough to install the game on it. I have a 20 gig HDD. Can she put her profile on my HDD and install the game and play it on my HDD? On her Xbox ofc.

Ciastek3214

So I got a homework about making some video in editing program, so I figured what the hell, and spent 2 days making Witcher 2 Tribute video. It should be available here in a moment.

burgerdog

For some reason the operator can't kill me, my hp reaches 0, vigor stops regenerating, and adrenaline stops working. I've reloaded the save a few times just before talking to him and initiating the fight and it happens every single time. Restarting the game doesn't fix the issue either issue. Lame.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
What the hell.. I "Lost" my steel sword in Chapter 1 and am now unarmed. What the heck? What do I do now?

What the hell.. I "Lost" my steel sword in Chapter 1 and am now unarmed. What the heck? What do I do now?

You need to craft a new silver sword. Geralt starts with the recipie and you can craft it by talking to the Dwarf in Flotsam's shopping district. All you need are the right materials.
Speaking of Swords. I beat that dude in Vergen in a dice game, but Princess Xenthia’s sword didn’t show up in my inventory like he promised. :(

2AdEPT

For some reason the operator can't kill me, my hp reaches 0, vigor stops regenerating, and adrenaline stops working. I've reloaded the save a few times just before talking to him and initiating the fight and it happens every single time. Restarting the game doesn't fix the issue either issue. Lame.

why doesn't that happen to those of us that are annoyed and WANT him to roll over already?!?!? lol

Beat the game on Iorveth's path. All I have to say is Bravo.........the voice acting , the visuals, the choices, the gameplay, the little details that you don't really notice but are always there...entertaining game. So worth it. I had a little troubling following the plot with all the information and character names they just throw at you, but at the end it was becoming clearer. The journal and character and location entries are helpful in filling the story.

MattDoza

So my girlfriends HDD isn't big enough to install the game on it. I have a 20 gig HDD. Can she put her profile on my HDD and install the game and play it on my HDD? On her Xbox ofc.

You need her game saves too. Unless you mean, start a new game on your HDD. Then sure, she can do that.

I hate this game. Time to re-retire from videogames. The combat irritates me, I don't find any of the characters interesting, the dialogue trees are bugged out/weird in places, I hate have to walk through 50 doors every time I want to get somewhere, the journal is ridiculously detailed but often leaves out important details (like where the person it is you are supposed to speak to), the map is often bugged (I am told where the scholar's hidden laboratory is... I go there on the map and suddenly the marker jumps halfway across the map... the new location is in an unreachable area... wtf), and I get a headache from playing (probably the bloom lighting and sub-60 fps... I should change the settings again). Also, I hate how you don't know which potions you should be taking in many cases until it's too late. Or how clunky the saving and loading is, especially after you die. Or how I can't adjust any of the game's visual or control settings in the game. etc. Since everyone loves it, something must be wrong with me. Time to give videogames a break for another 6 - 8 months. I'm in the midst of nerd range at the moment and needed to vent.

/livejournal

welp, I gave it another shot yesterday and today and am enjoying it much more. Chapter 2 was actually pretty damn good. I am still disappointed with the controls, bad dialogue trees, glitches, stupid/cheap boss fights early, etc. but the characters are growing on me, and a few are quite interesting. I guess this is one of those games you have to play for 10+ hours to start enjoying.

also, decided not to be pragmatic in chapter 2 and
killed Henselt
. don't really give a fuck what happens to these people any way. I am a Witcher and will be fine no matter.

2AdEPT

Lame, I got nothing. :/

I am a noob at PC shit...but I chose now to upgrade to a new laptop that could handle this game...well bascially.... for this game!

Anyway, is it possible to MOD/give the sword to someone else? I got the real deal but didn't ever equip it as my blasphemer/oatbreaker shit was better....I guess that's moot point even without dark mode as the dice stuff happens close enough to the brigida quest where you get the best non-dark weapons which would trump the princess likely anyway.

Draconian

This game rocks. Just finished the Kayran fight last night. Best strategy is to just take your time in dodging and quen just in case. I made a few mistakes but was essentially bailed out because I was using quen. It's a good feeling to know when you anticipate your own mistakes and have prepared for them. Anyway, maybe I'll get to the end of Act I today.

Dries

Got two questions:

Can you play the game with gamepad and do inventory stuff with your mouse?

I read something about Dark mode having an effect on the brightness of the game? What's this all about?

Draconian

Just finished Act 1.
Sided with Iorveth. The consensus seems to be that his path is better, plus Roche comes off as a bit of a jerk anyway.
I love these characters. Just about all of them are excellently written, and I don't find myself skipping through their dialogue like I often do in other RPGs. Also like how the image on the title screen changes depending on where you are. Nice touch.

Got two questions:

Can you play the game with gamepad and do inventory stuff with your mouse?

I read something about Dark mode having an effect on the brightness of the game? What's this all about?
No, when the gamepad is active, unfortunately the mouse/keyboard is inactive.

When you have a complete set of dark armor and weapons, whenever you pull the sword out there's an overlay effect. It clouds the edges, desaturates all colors other then red, and in the process also makes the overall image darker. It really sucks in caves because you can't see a damn thing.

Dries

No, when the gamepad is active, unfortunately the mouse/keyboard is inactive.

When you have a complete set of dark armor and weapons, whenever you pull the sword out there's an overlay effect. It clouds the edges, desaturates all colors other then red, and in the process also makes the overall image darker. It really sucks in caves because you can't see a damn thing.

Wow, that sucks. But that's only if you have the complete package right? And let me guess: that package is the best gear you'll find in Dark mode?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So I was playing the FIRST Witcher, wanting to try it before Witcher 2, and good lord that game is like 85% swamp goddamn.

And then after chapters 2 and 3 where it was SWAMP SWAMP SWAMP CITY SWAMP SWAMP, I was slightly refreshed with chapter 4, and then chapter 5 is like, "guess what everything you need is over in this other part of the swamp".

Did they like, not have a lot of time and money to make the first game, or is Poland 90% swamp land, or what?

Complistic

So I was playing the FIRST Witcher, wanting to try it before Witcher 2, and good lord that game is like 85% swamp goddamn.

And then after chapters 2 and 3 where it was SWAMP SWAMP SWAMP CITY SWAMP SWAMP, I was slightly refreshed with chapter 4, and then chapter 5 is like, "guess what everything you need is over in this other part of the swamp".

Did they like, not have a lot of time and money to make the first game, or is Poland 90% swamp land, or what?

swamps are spooky bro

Dries

lol, so true.

RedAssedApe

Banned
I really hate this game sometimes. I'm all for exploration but the map is so bad in this game. I'm not even asking for more quest markers, just the ability to set waypoints would make it so much better.

Suffering from some Witcher fatigue, so I switched over to other games. Bought AC Revelations today, and I swear one of the civilian voices is provided by the actor that voiced Dandelion. It's weird. :lol

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Finished the first Witcher. Game's damn good. The ending made me sad, though.

Alvin :(

How many endings are there? Is it just a cinematic based on faction choice 0, 1, or 2 or are there more things that change in Dandelion's little summary based on how you answer his question at the end?

Also, does anything from your save carry over into the next game?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
The watercolor cutscenes are different based on your choices, but I don't think the in-game stuff changes much in the finale. I could be wrong, but I think it's mostly just based on whether you were a squirrel or order supporter, or neutral. There will be a few, brief nods at the choices you made in TW1 if you import a save, but overall it doesn't make a big difference. If you got the Raven armor, it'll carry over, but it'll be useless by the time you find new armor in ch. 1 of TW2.

Double D

How many endings are there? Is it just a cinematic based on faction choice 0, 1, or 2 or are there more things that change in Dandelion's little summary based on how you answer his question at the end?

I finished the first game about 3 weeks ago. Agree with everything you said here.

Not sure how to affect the ending differently though.

Yes, you can import your save, which was a nice surprise as I hadn't heard anything about it.

I finished the first game about 3 weeks ago. Agree with everything you said here.

Not sure how to affect the ending differently though.

Yes, you can import your save, which was a nice surprise as I hadn't heard anything about it.

no real impact whatsoever. a couple of dialog mentions.

you get some sort of items for importing your save, though. don't know if they're good or bad.

Just finished the first game last night. So good. One of the better games I've ever played. Planning on picking up the Witcher 2 next time it goes on sale (probably the Summer Steam sale).

2AdEPT

there are 16 different endings...i guess the main tree points are
roche/iorveth, henselt live or die, and triss vs. anais.
The other live or die choices are not as impactful on the ending (I think) although I have not done Iorveth yet myself.

these include at least for roche:
the captain of the guard arm wrestler dude
Siela (sp)
kingslayer
dragon
lavayette - but he is for both obviously

we have not been told if the next game will use our choices as much as the first did, which was minimal.

I'm on my second playthrough (Iorveth) and just now realized what the bar on top of your health is lol

Anyway, I would say I'm about halfway through Chapter 2 and, a bit hard to post since Roche is my bro :p, I'm kinda liking Iorveth's path a bit more. I decided to follow someone's tree "guide" this time around which is making my encounters fairly easy and setting fire to just about everything :D

Finally after playing and finishing some games I'm ready to go full force to The Witcher 2 EE. And I think it was interesting to post here a mod I saw a few days ago, Dynamic Hud, it has 2 versions:

- The standard one, which removes all elements of the hud but the minimap (and the minimap is transparent) when you aren't in combat (also when you push the quickmenu key the hud shows, and then fades away). The 1.2 has the standard static version, and also you have the 1.3 version with fixed Geralt pointer and rotating map, but this version has some bugs.

- The hardcore version, my favourite, which removes also the minimap (but it will show up in combat or quickmenu pause) and the target pointer. If you you don't miss too much the target pointer (and IMO makes the parry and riposte really challenging), this version makes the game very inmersive.

The mod is very easy to install, simply download the file and copy the .dzip file to the CookedPC folder of TW2 directory.

Top Bottom