• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

d3vnull

So, before reading about needing to keep your Witcher armor, I deconstructed the chest piece...a WHILE ago, like 8 hours (in gameplay) ago.

Has anyone confirmed if you can get a diagram to craft the original Kaer Morhen armor again? Or if you can buy it somewhere?

What, WHAT?!

I sold mine a couple of game days ago. Can I get it back? This sucks. :(

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Any suggestion how do you level up quick? I cleared out Main mission and Quests in first area. Going onto next Trying to understand the game. I'm on level 4 though, can't yet craft any good armor or weapon.

Leveling up is slow, it isn't like other games, I think I was thorough in the first area, and I wasn't level 4 yet.

If you cleared out the first area, then you got all the points from the places of power, right? Those are terrific.

If you did the viper school subquest, then have a journeyman craftsman make it for you. Finding steel weapons is fairly easy, but the viper silver sword is a big deal.

BossLackey

Gold Member
You could try and go buy the ingredients for the grapeshot bomb but it's not a requirement.

-repair your gear, drink the thunderbolt potion you get etc.

- aard or the arbalest can shoot him out of the sky
-aard also stuns him on the ground
- quen protects you from hits.
-don't try to get more than 2 hits in at a time, even when he's stunned
-if you have a hard time with dodge, roll. He has a big reach.
-you do critical damage from behind.

Perfect. Thanks!

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Who else here who when they go to work they can't help but want to get back and play this magnification game and getting cold turkey just thinking about it?! I've been sacrificing an extra hour of less sleep to play it longer in the week days!

Man I really love this game. Geralt is such a boss and I just can't help but fall in love with the dialogue and writing with this game.

Yep. I enjoy my work, really like it here, but it's hard these days man. Not many minutes pass without me thinking about how I can't wait to get home and continue Geralt's adventure. Just 10 minutes to go now, plus another 30-ish to get home. Tonight I'm finally gonna leave White Orchard, can't wait to see what lies beyond.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I really enjoy the detective like preparation Geralt does at the beginning of a quest, especially since it can add to the dialogue options depending on what you find.

Chariot

I hope that Gwent OT works for now. I still need screenshots, until then it looks a bit empty and unfinished. If you have recommendations or comments how to improve the OP, please let me know.

You're doing something wrong. I killed the Griffen on level 2 on Blood and Broken Bones and found it pretty easy. Make sure you are prepared for the fight. Read the Bestiary about the Griffin. I used Aard to knock it out the air, did a couple of sword attacks, and rolled out the way right before it tried to attack. Repeat several times while being patient and the fight will be over within minutes.

This, plus ass hug it like a souls game.
Try to find some patterns for the big attacks and use roll instead of dodge.

Ducayne

So, before reading about needing to keep your Witcher armor, I deconstructed the chest piece...a WHILE ago, like 8 hours (in gameplay) ago.

Has anyone confirmed if you can get a diagram to craft the original Kaer Morhen armor again? Or if you can buy it somewhere?

I'd like to know this too :( I think I dismantled everything except my swords.

What exactly are they needed for? I thought I read it's okay to sell your starting witcher gear but that later on you should keep what you get/craft.

Nyx

I really enjoy the detective like preparation Geralt does at the beginning of a quest, especially since it can add to the dialogue options depending on what you find.

Sometimes I laugh though, cause Geralt is talking to himself.

A whole monologue on something with no one around...

foxtrot3d

Banned
Sometimes I laugh though, cause Geralt is talking to himself.

A whole monologue on something with no one around...

Yeah, I wish they did it Arkham style so that we are hearing Geralt's thoughts not him talking to himself. Also, while I'm sure it's been posted and talked about before is anyone else a bit annoyed with how much people say "hmm/hmph?" Like, this has been a thing in like all TW games but it seems to be done to over kill in this one. It's like no character can start a sentence without going "Hmm" first.

UberLevi

Finally finished The Witcher 2 in preparation for Wild Hunt!

Hopefully the effects of my choices are significant enough to have warranted the playthrough. Not that I didn't enjoy my time playing TW2, but the hype for TW3 has been killing me.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Somehow my play time jumped up 10 hours out of nowhere. I was at 10 hour and 20-something minutes and I checked within the next hour and it had spiked to 20 hours. Very strange.

Using PS4 suspend/resume had also given me about an extra hour and a half but that was before the massive spike. I don't suspend the game anymore.

Yeah, suspend/resume completely breaks your recorded playtime (as it counts the suspended time as playtime), but as you say there's also something else odd going on where the game suddenly adds hours to your time. I think it's something to do with the pause menu. The counter doesn't stop when you pause the game, and it seems like it sometimes jumps way ahead after you unpause. Just being in the character menu doesn't make this happen from what I can tell (although time still passes, but normally), so that's what I do now instead of pausing.

ACE 1991

So what is the most fun/varied way one can build Geralt? Is it possible to to do a hybrid build focusing on melee and signs equally?

So what is the most fun/varied way one can build Geralt? Is it possible to to do a hybrid build focusing on melee and signs equally?

You'll eventually have 12 active abilities, and 4 mutagen slots.

You could totally do 6 Melee Skills, 6 Sign Skills, 2 Red Mutagens, and 2 Blue Mutagens.

I'm probably going to do something like 6 Melee Skills, 3 Sign Skills, and 3 Alchemy Skills. There's also passive abilities too though. So the "All-Arounder" is probably 3 Melee, 3 Signs, 3 Alchemy, and 3 Passives.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Something I notice myself doing in this game is actually letting conversations play out. In most all voice heavy RPGs, I have subs on. I read the lines as they are acted out and once I finish I just skip the rest of the acting. In this I have listened to all conversations in full.

Hellers

I had an fun experience doing the contract called
Woodland Beast
. Long story short, I ended up being in a fight with several
Scoia'tael while only able to use my fists and my signs
. It was a hard fight, but it was so satisfying when I won. This is on Blood and Broken Bones difficulty, by the way.

And mysteriously the Scoia'tael leader somehow resurrected a few minutes after I killed her, requiring me to kill her again.

I told the elves I wouldn't tell on them so they gave me loads of free stuff. Then I went back to the quest giver and told him where to find them and he gave me the pass anyway

Okay just got to the Family Matters quest and I officially don't like playing the game anymore.

Having to repeat a quest 20+ times because of the poor camera and hitboxes is so frustrating.

The crafting mechanic is far too complicated, the weapon durability an absolute pain, and the combat isn't rewarding.

So disappointed, bought it digitally too.

just got to work and all i can think about is playing this game. 8 more hours......
You and me both brother. Outside of playing with my dog for 30 mins, feeding him and taking him out to do his business I do nothing but witcher 3. Canceling plans this weekend so I can man cave

Okay just got to the Family Matters quest and I officially don't like playing the game anymore.

Having to repeat a quest 20+ times because of the poor camera and hitboxes is so frustrating.

The crafting mechanic is far too complicated, the weapon durability an absolute pain, and the combat isn't rewarding.

Really? You could just bump the difficulty down, one dodgy mission does not a bad game make.

Chaos17

Just play an easy.

I'm curious if there's repercusions for romancing both triss and yen. Seems like there would be.

I can tell you one thing, that's something that wouldn't fly with Yen. I hope CDPR handled that love triangle in a way that doesn't feel out of character.

I'm jealous of people who were able to progress further than I have lol, barely made it out of prologue.

I doubt they'd need this game to tell them that. It was probably one of the most common feedback they got about the game. If they release a big xpac for DA:I I fully expect it to be far more story driven.

The problem Bioware faces is that it's easier to tell the Witcher story because you have one protagonist, he's a human male Witcher.

Bioware and the basic design of DA is that you can be either gender, you can be 4 different races as well. Never mind that some times specific classes (such as mage) require a different dialogue response.

I think that's both a strength (allows the player more options) but also a weakness (hard to write good conversation and a focused and tight narrative when the protagonist is so undefined and you have to account for all the different variations.

Crafting complicated? Gather materials, go to black/armorsmith and get armor. What is complicated about that?

And I am level 6, playing on Death March, haven't repaired a single weapon yet.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children

Sorry you feel that way, none of the things you described have bothered me. Not even sure what you're talking about on most of them

JambiBum

So I remembered someone asking whether or not you can find monsters that are stronger than you randomly out in the wild. Earlier I was just exploring stuff and I came across this hill. At the base of it was a level 14 Wyvern, and at the top was this thing which was level 19. I was only a level 11 when I killed it. For anyone that wants to know, it's a
Cyclops

rCp0Bi7.jpg

Why did you have to repeat the quest 20 times?

How is the crafting mechanic complicated? It's the standard. "Have enough of each ingredient" mechanic.

How often have you had to repair? I've had to do it 3 times in 15 hours, which is not bad.

That I know, it uses that to restock bombs/potions etc. Im on normal, and quite honestly I dont meditate as often as I could... I eat a lot of food to heal. Without Meditate as an option at all, seems I would need to stock up on a LOT of food when I reach town in order to deal with the damage.

Edit:

Ah gotcha. I saw that, also a potion too... Troll-something. Seemed useful, iirc a pain to craft though, could be wrong.

In the first zone just gather herbs when you see them and before too long you can use swallow as a potion which regenerates health (a true life saver). I'm on blood and bones and now when i mediate while I don't regain health I regain my potions so it amounts to the same thing (mediate once - regain potions and use them, mediate twice to fill back up on potions).

BFIB

I went to easy. Crafting I've mostly used Google so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom