• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zomba13

Should you see the Baron before going to the witches/tree?

When I was told to go to the tree I went straight there. I only went back to the Baron when I had news to report. I didn't think to go back to him.

well now I just rode away dammit

If there is something in your way, go around it. At Oxenfurt the guy didn't let me through the gate so I jumped off the bridge and swam to the shore. On the way to Novigrad they said I needed a pass, I said "I'm taking your boat" and jumped off the bridge, walked onto the beach at the checkpoint outpost, stole a boat (they got mad). Can probably just jump the fence and ride the rest of the way. They give no fucks if you don't have a pass.[/spoiler]

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
So the increased crashing is still there with the newest nVidia drivers for me. I rolled back to the previous ones and I only crashed once as opposed to like 3 times with the newer ones in about a 4th of the time. Tried the newest drivers again with the 1.0.3 update and crashed within like 10 minutes.

780ti if you are wondering

It doesn't really matter, they both intertwine eventually.
So they meet up towards the end of both and don't impact either quest until that point? Meaning I can either
save the spirit in the tree or kill it and then go to see the Baron (I haven't even initiated anything with him yet)
without that whole quest being different? Or would making that decision alter everything with the Baron right from the start?

i read earlier you can just drop shit en masse outside a sign post and that can essentially serve as your stash allowing you to fast travel there when you need to drop even more shit.

Brilliant!!!

If you're getting stopped at a check point, remember its an open world. Open. World.

There's always another way in.

The music in this is legendary. The battle themes are BADASS.

It makes me want to go into fights deliberately. The soundtrack is good outside of the game, but they way they have mixed and streamed everything into other music is just... Badass yes~!

Skyzard

Banned
About dropping stuff - I read someone deny that was the case on PS4 iirc. Although I'm not sure if it's because putting things near sign posts specifically will work, they just said anywhere I think.

Sajjaja

Wild Griffen trying to murder me.
17AE7CD17BE106B9937ED1437A49C58C01C3E4A5

I think it was some absurd level too.

I'm actually really surprised there's no stash in this game, considering there was one in 2. I guess it made a little more sense because you essentially had a "room" in those areas but come on, make it work! Use Triss' house or something.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Around level 6 story spoilers in Velen:
Should i save the being in the tree
or kill it? What are the repercussions?

It's better if you didn't know but if you really couldn't care about being spoiled.

The less spoilery answer.

The Baron is better off with you killing it, the kids are better off with you freeing it.

100% spoiled, no fun allowed.

If you free the tree spirit, the Anna ends up dying and the Baron kills himself. If you don't free the spirit, the witches end up killing the children in kids in the swamp.

Zomba13

So they meet up towards the end of both and don't impact either quest until that point? Meaning I can either
save the spirit in the tree or kill it and then go to see the Baron (I haven't even initiated anything with him yet)
without that whole quest being different? Or would making that decision alter everything with the Baron right from the start?

Ah right. I completely forgot it was a different quest. Yeah, you can do the "witches" chain first then the "Baron" chain. I did it Baron then Witches with the Witches part once I finished the Baron part. Witches first is how it's "meant" to be done I think.

Yeah i just jumped off the bridge straight after getting stopped by the guards at the gate lol

I do kinda wish that if you didn't have a pass or weren't let in then the guards (if they saw you) would stop you and throw you out/attack you or something. It's kinda silly that there is a checkpoint or locked gate to stop refugees or spies but then you can just waltz in up the beach.

Welp.

Beat the game.

Ending I got was bittersweet.

ENDING SPOILERS

Redania took over the north and south in my ending, killing all those who were non-human and practiced any sort of herbal work or magic. Ciri survives after defeating the white frost, and Geralt gets her a witcher blade as a gift. He continues to train her, teaching her everything he knows. Afterwards, they split. Geralt continues life day to day living off what little his bounties get him, and Ciri begins to build her own legend. Considering the final quest in the main story is named "Something begins, something ends" and the game tells you it's the last time you'll play as Geralt in a game, essentially - makes me excited for The Witcher 4. Glad they're going to go with Ciri as a protagonist, even if it IS predictable.

Bravo, CDPR. A masterpiece through and through.

Damn, people beat the game already, and I've only left White Orchard today.
At this pace, I'm not sure if I can finish the game by the end of June.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I laugh at a lot of the NPC dialogue:
"I'll rip off yer melon and shit down your throat!"

"Making me a sling shot, gonna hunt bears."-this kid is so fucked

I'm actually really surprised there's no stash in this game, considering there was one in 2. I guess it made a little more sense because you essentially had a "room" in those areas but come on, make it work! Use Triss' house or something.

I was doing fine especially with a saddlebag that's brings it up to 90 units but then I found a few heavy armors and they're... heavy. One is 12 and units and the others aren't much less.

Flambe

Welp I'm trapped inside the ship from the sidequest 'A Costly Mistake' (coincidental naming for my situation).

There's nothing in there, maybe not supposed to get in it as there's something on the stairs blocking me from getting back out. So yeah that sucks. Last save file is over 2 hours old -_-

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I was doing fine especially with a saddlebag that's brings it up to 90 units but then I found a few heavy armors and they're... heavy. One is 12 and units and the others aren't much less.
Anything above light armor gets sold for me immediately because of weight and the huge stamina penalty for wearing heavier stuff. Not even much more protection either.

Chariot

Welp I'm trapped inside the ship from the sidequest 'A Costly Mistake' (coincidental naming for my situation).

There's nothing in there, maybe not supposed to get in it as there's something on the stairs blocking me from getting back out. So yeah that sucks. Last save file is over 2 hours old -_-
Wasn't there yet, but nothing to Aard? See noyhing with the Witcher Sense?

Hagi

I do kinda wish that if you didn't have a pass or weren't let in then the guards (if they saw you) would stop you and throw you out/attack you or something. It's kinda silly that there is a checkpoint or locked gate to stop refugees or spies but then you can just waltz in up the beach.

I thought it was funny in a I bet this is actually what would have happened in this kind of scenario way. Having an alert status would be pretty annoying.

Why are Drowners such asshole in this game? They are the only random enemy I've had continuous trouble with so far.

Welp.

Beat the game.

Ending I got was bittersweet.

ENDING SPOILERS

Redania took over the north and south in my ending, killing all those who were non-human and practiced any sort of herbal work or magic. Ciri survives after defeating the white frost, and Geralt gets her a witcher blade as a gift. He continues to train her, teaching her everything he knows. Afterwards, they split. Geralt continues life day to day living off what little his bounties get him, and Ciri begins to build her own legend. Considering the final quest in the main story is named "Something begins, something ends" and the game tells you it's the last time you'll play as Geralt in a game, essentially - makes me excited for The Witcher 4. Glad they're going to go with Ciri as a protagonist, even if it IS predictable.

Bravo, CDPR. A masterpiece through and through.

Just curious, how many hours did you take? I know the mileage may vary a lot in this but I've been going practically non stop since launch and I'm only now beginning to reach what I assume will be the final quest and it's taken me all day to prepare for it.

Somewhere in south Velen I got a saddlebag that ups it to 130. I think it was the coastal village that's North of Fyke Isle.

Flambe

Wasn't there yet, but nothing to Aard? See noyhing with the Witcher Sense?

Nopers, I don't think you're supposed to get in there at all. No loot or anything at all lol.

It's okay, I realized the last save was that far back because I had it paused in standby for two hours lol. All good \o/

Chariot

Somewhere in south Velen I got a saddlebag that ups it to 130. I think it was the coastal village that's North of Fyke Isle.
I got that one from somewhere in Crows Nest. I think it was the blacksmith.
Nopers, I don't think you're supposed to get in there at all. No loot or anything at all lol.

It's okay, I realized the last save was that far back because I had it paused in standby for two hours lol. All good o/
Still, such a bug shouldn't happen. I would've sweat blood in your skin.

Is there anything that can be considered end game? I would imagine turning off your HUD and roaming the world could be considered end game for some.

Is there anything that can be considered end game? I would imagine turning off your HUD and roaming the world could be considered end game for some.

Doing whatever sidequests you missed
since you can't replay story quests or do anything that influenced the main story
, exploring, and collecting BiS gear I guess?

Yennifer and Geralt scene in skellige...
sex scene after the mask quest. Geralts face all veiny from potion toxicity I believe. Or the poison from the quest maybe? He was not at his most flattering for that scene lol.

Drazgul

Has anyone found any interesting locations that're NOT marked by the PoI markers? I keep the undiscovered points of interest disabled anyway, but just curious whether there's some secret areas around. Not all the hovels and farmsteads are marked of course, I mean caves and such that're off the beaten track.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Starting to feel the urge to play this, might start it tomorow. Being off work helps I guess

xtradi

Banned
inventory tip from reddit:

the fuck have i been doing all this time

Tips in Loading screen: Hold L2 and press left or right to change the equipeed magic rather than sheate or unsheate sword.

We need to compile TW3 Shortcut in OP for PS4 and Xbox One. I need to know quick save button in console, is there any?

j-wood

In the ability point screen, what does the #/20 mean under each tree? Does that mean I can only put 20 points total into that tree, even if I have more?

Dominator

Damn, I had zero issues in White Orchard and pretty much steamrolled everyone I came across. I come to Velen now and I am getting WRECKED, lol

I also have a Witcher Contract that is recommended level 33. I won't be able to do that for probably like a month lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom