• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone who plans to play with no mini-map, is it possible for me to get the quests for every '?' from a notice board? Or are there some quests that don't show up on there?

Skyzard

Banned
I finally saw some rain on PC. It was a thunderstorm and I had to move about in the open to see more rain, a lot of areas had barely anything.

Needs to be turned up WAY WAY WAY more.

Some areas looked good, but you had to move about to that perfect spot to actually see proper rain.

I'm using the weight adjustment mod and never looking back.

That's fine an all and I don't even mind it with the standard weight system, but dammit!!! I want to keep some stuff I've got in my inventory and de-clutter my bags. So many damn books!

That said, it seems like if I sell anything to a merchant you can always come back and buy it back off them. Their stocks done refresh.

As someone who plans to play with no mini-map, is it possible for me to get the quests for every '?' from a notice board? Or are there some quests that don't show up on there?

There are many that don't show up on their and only appear through exploring. Most of them are on the notice board though.

I have a shit load of coins to exchange. Is the exchange rate 1 for 1?

Whoever said idea this was it was a brilliant one. Because novo grad I can imagine is a place to spend a lot of cash and getting that input of funds when you get to novigrad will be awesome cause I gonna be rich.

Maximo

Note to self don't tackle level 23 quests when your level 9 on Death March. I mean I did the Quest Of Sword and Dumpling, love how hard this game is and you can actually tackle much harder bosses/quests if you have the patience and prepare oils/potions appropriately.

viveks86

witcher32015-05-2114-17-37.png

Using Sweet FX. Have to lessen sharpening just a little bit.

Shouta

I need this in my life:

Anyone know where i can find it?

Some merchants will sell treasure maps that you can use and will start a quest that you can do. I think some of these are witcher-gear caches that give you materials, equipment or the plans to make witcher gear. I've got Viper and Cat quests, I think but none for bear yet.

I don't understand the stupid decision not to put a box in the game. I mean ffs they put one in the witcher 2 we. I don't want to sell my books.

On the plus side, your books only weigh 0.01 each, so there's not actually a whole lot of weight lost there. They just make it a mild nuisance to navigate the tab.

I need this in my life:

Anyone know where i can find it?

I believe I know the location of the level 2 upgrade, but not of the original set.

Lingitiz

Man I'm a sucker for a good undercover party quest and things like that. This game seems full of them. I love how varied all the quest scenarios are.

Beefy

Some merchants will sell treasure maps that you can use and will start a quest that you can do. I think some of these are witcher-gear caches that give you materials, equipment or the plans to make witcher gear. I've got Viper and Cat quests, I think but none for bear yet.

One witcher gear quest you have to collect 4 clues. I can't seem to find the 3rd map tho, so have no idea what witcher gear it is for.

witcher32015-05-2114-17-37.png

Using Sweet FX. Have to lessen sharpening just a little bit.

It's very nice dude, much more like the original shots they showed, but their reason for softening everything was that it's easier on the eyes over a long period of time and I tend to agree.

I'd have to play the game with these settings to compar though because that looks beautiful.

Anyone got any idea how the sharpening looks with the new patch??

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
I've got the Baron left to do in regards to the main quest of Velen and only done a few side quests and explored some of the map, around level 8, having spent around Twenty hours into this game so far. This game is blooody huge and I can't help but get engrossed and amazed at how beautiful this game is. I am really loving my journey with Geralt and his adventure in this crazy world full of lesser evils and monster slaying. My plan is to try and explore everything I can of this part of the world before I continue the main quest. The sheer quality of the writing and the design of the side quests in this game are of a quality I rarely see in a lot of video games and CDPR have set a new precedence for other RPG and open world designers to take note from.

There's a big part of me already thinking it's a crying shame that this is the last game playing as Geralt in this engrossing universe. I've really grown attached to this character a lot already and love the voice work and small details you come across when playing the game. The writing is sublime and there's something legendary about playing this experienced monster slayer and how destiny has put the fate of the world in his hands from a time where it seemed evolution and society would soon cast these bygone hunters out from the world. Man there's so much stuff left to see and do, the wait was so worth waiting for Wild Hunt <3

I've done a few parts where you get to play as Ciri via flashback, and man...I wish we could be playing as her for the game. Geralt's alright, but I like her speed, and I prefer playing as pretty ladies rather than gruff men all the time.

Korezo

Is the Gog version of witcher 3 ever getting the free Temerian Armor set thats available on steam? And the beard and hair set

There are many that don't show up on their and only appear through exploring. Most of them are on the notice board though.

Thanks. For the ones that don't show up on the notice boards - are any of them quests? Or will notice boards contain every available quests in a certain area, with the rest of the '?' being things like loot and such?

Skyzard

Banned
I like that shot's colour/style viveks86, but sweetfx isn't worth the time spent on it imo - it looks better in one area and then not as good as default in another. Or you don't notice it till later because you've been sitting tweaking slight adjustments for too long and fail to see the clipping on the trousers.

Auctopus

The presentation of quests/characters and the bestiary in the menu is unmatched in any other game imo. So much information, easily accessible and tidy.

Slowly making my way through the game and getting the hang of Death March difficulty. They've done such a great job with characters and dialogue.

Lingitiz

This might be a dumb question, but I am interested in this game.

If I liked Skyrim and Fallout 3 and New Vegas, but hated Dragon Age Inquisition

will I like this game?

I've never played a witcher game before..

Some lore things will go over your head and other relationships and callbacks might fall flat, but otherwise it's pretty easy to pick up.

This game is like the anti-DAI. It has both quantity and quality instead of just the former.

viveks86

Mind sharing your settings file?

Away from my PC. Will send in a few hours.

It's very nice dude, much more like the original shots they showed, but their reason for softening everything was that it's easier on the eyes over a long period of time and I tend to agree.

I'd have to play the game with these settings to compar though because that looks beautiful.

Anyone got any idea how the sharpening looks with the new patch??

Their in-game sharpening looks pretty bad. So I've switched it off altogether and using Sweet FX for that. Need to reduce it a bit so that it's easier on the eye.

Artanisix

how the fuck did they craft a game this large?

i'm not even in the double digits as far as levels go and i've already played for many, many hours

This might be a dumb question, but I am interested in this game.

If I liked Skyrim and Fallout 3 and New Vegas, but hated Dragon Age Inquisition

will I like this game?

I've never played a witcher game before..

DAI feels a lot more 'gamey' than Skyrim or the Witcher 3. Those game worlds feel like you're actively a part of it, which is a feelung I had a lot less with Dragon Age.

I say give it a shot.

dreamfall

Any place for storage? Like the chests at the Inns in TW2?

20 hours in, just completely blown away by how great the writing is and how huge the world is. If you're even remotely intrigued by the lore, it's a dream come true.

FHIZ

Need some advice. How much should I loot bushes for ingredients? I'm stopping every now and then to pick up stuff, but even early in the game's tutorial where there are fights that Geralt suggests building bombs, oils or potions, I go into the crafting menu and just think "wow... I have none of those components." I'm pretty early in the game so money is scarce and it just seems like I've got no money to buy anything nor am I looting any of the necessary ingredients for even the most basic alchemy stuff.

Vire

After playing a bit, I'm happy to see that the technical problems on PS4 were a bit overblown.

This game is so beautiful too!

Pikma

Banned
I've done a few parts where
you get to play as Ciri via flashback, and man...I wish we could be playing as her for the game. Geralt's alright, but I like her speed, and I prefer playing as pretty ladies rather than gruff men all the time.
Thank you for the spoilers...

Ugh

Beefy

I will say this again the side quest you do if you say
Letho is still alive, in the questioning/shaving part
is the best side quest I have done.

Just getting started, a few questions: just did the first area (some sidequests as well) then went to the castle and to the next area with the hanging tree.

Can i go back whenever i please to do more sidequests? Should i before i go further? Or will the story take me back anyway? Just trying to get to know the flow of the game.

Also, how often will i get to new 'levels'? Just a few big areas or?

Thanks!

Things that don't make sense to me.
1) Why we need to be at a sign post in order to fast travel. Usually when i need to fast travel I'm in the middle of nowhere and traveling to a signpost imo defeats the purpose of "fast travel"

2) Why on the 2 hardest difficulties meditation doesn't refill your health. I don't see the logic behind this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom