• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hagi

Holy shit pressing right and left on the dpad while holding parry let's you scroll through signs?!? Game changer. I really should pay more attention to loading screen tips.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
you'll get to see them looking more like the tapestry in the flesh (and only the flesh) soon ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

YMXqFz3.gif

WTF
the ladies in the woods
good god, arguably more gross looking then anything I have seen in Bloodborne.

I know.
Even more disturbingly I haven't found a way to kill them within the story yet, although my current save may have some luck perhaps. I hope we can though, I don't feel comfortable with them things existing out there somewhere.

I know.
Even more disturbingly I haven't found a way to kill them within the story yet, although my current save may have some luck perhaps. I hope we can though, I don't feel comfortable with them things existing out there somewhere.

In regards to the Witches?

It's a required event a little while after you save Ciri, when you go to their festival

How does this game work with a controller on PC version? Debating hooking up to my 55in TV and 7.1 system for ...silliness :)

Played entirely with a wireless 360 controller. Was blissful.

I'm not sure whether I want them to fix the spring legs in the corpse ragdoll or not. I just beheaded a guy who was kneeling, but his body flew far further, springing into the air, far above my screen, and landing some few seconds later in the distance.

Klyka

Banned
Just did the "Shrieker" contract:

Man that was fun! When I smoked him out of his cave I got on my horse and rushed after him. Shot him out of the sky with my crossbow and then did the entire fight on my horse, doing ride-by-swings for like 680 damage a swing and shooting him down each time he tried to fly again. Great fight!

So I take it you don't get to Skellige for a good long while, right? I've finished the Ladies of the Woods quest line and am making my way through the Novigrad stuff and I've probably played 25+ hours. I'm not complaining though, just curious.

Zomba13

Just did the "Shrieker" contract:

Man that was fun! When I smoked him out of his cave I got on my horse and rushed after him. Shot him out of the sky with my crossbow and then did the entire fight on my horse, doing ride-by-swings for like 680 damage a swing and shooting him down each time he tried to fly again. Great fight!

I decided to try and climb
in the tower it flies out of and got stuck :(

usp84

After 7 hours i am ready to leave white orchad.I dont think there is anything left to do.

Not even level 4 though.Maybe i am missing something?

Loakum

Banned
Just as the title said, here is a code to have your Free eStrategy Guide for The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt! Type in this code: FKM2-5S9M-9K7R-ZRHM at PrimaGames.com/code

(just let the others know you got the code......and you're welcome.)

Salsa

didnt care for the first bit of Ciri's gameplay at all

knew I wouldnt when they announced it. Just kind of a distraction and I really don't see what it added that couldnt be told through cutscene

her dodge is afwul too

still love her as a character tho

didnt care for the first bit of Ciri's gameplay at all

knew I wouldnt when they announced it. Just kind of a distraction and I really don't see what it added that couldnt be told through cutscene

her dodge is afwul too

still love her as a character tho

I'm doing that right now and feel the same.

Pachinko

Guys, this game is amazing. It's pretty much exactly what I needed right now I think. It's beautiful on an artistic and technical level , runs great (well for me) on my PC , it's fun to explore and just do shit AND the main storyline quests so far have been fantastic.

I'm kind of baffled that some have finished it already - take the week off work or something ? I've put in 15 hours and while I think I'm nearly done the story quests in Valen , I've done almost none of the sidequests there and it feels like it could take another 10 hours to get through the ones that would lead me to level 10 (I'm at level 7 right now).

Back in march I was impressed with that FFXV demo and playing this has made me realize what that was missing and how it could be improved upon but hell, Witcher 3 does it so well, why would I need another game that feels like this ?

I also very much enjoy just how funny the descriptions and quest outlines can be , the dialogue too. There's something funny to me I guess about the random noises peasants make - they all sound sickly and gross constantly hacking and coughing and spitting. It's great, it makes me feel like I'm in some old world.

I own the first 2 games but never really played either of them much, had a hard time with the first one actually and wanted to finish it before I played 2. Witcher 3 though has it's hooks in me hard core.

Just got to Oxenfurt for the first time. Wow. This game. Its just so beautiful I cant even run through town. I'm walking nice and slow taking it all in. Can't wait to see the bigger cities.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Someone posted a article with tips for starting out Witcher 3, anyone has that link by any chance? I forget what site it was

This advice is for if you try to lift the curse and not fight the botchling. You dont need cursed oil, you need spectre oil. Wraiths will swarm you twice, I reccomend buffing your weapons and armor at the benches before talking to the Baron to activate the quest. Make sure you have plenty of the potion that lets your stamina recharge quicker and plenty of swallow.

Thanks!

DrSlek

After 7 hours i am ready to leave white orchad.I dont think there is anything left to do.

Not even level 4 though.Maybe i am missing something?

I was about the same level when I finished White Orchard. I think the only thing I missed was a monster den and a village that needed clearing out.....or that's what the map said it was. When I actually got there it was a roadside shrine with no monsters near by. I wasn't certain what to do there so I took off.

The audio in this game...damn. Using headphones for the first time and it is totally immersive.

I love using the Witcher senses and having the sound effects amplified. Hearing every snapping twig or gust of wind while walking through a forest. And then hearing the growls of wild dogs in the distance, but because they're so loud the feel like they're right next to you. I always feel very paranoid in those circumstances.

Yeul

Welp.

Beat the game.

Ending I got was bittersweet.

ENDING SPOILERS

Redania took over the north and south in my ending, killing all those who were non-human and practiced any sort of herbal work or magic. Ciri survives after defeating the white frost, and Geralt gets her a witcher blade as a gift. He continues to train her, teaching her everything he knows. Afterwards, they split. Geralt continues life day to day living off what little his bounties get him, and Ciri begins to build her own legend. Considering the final quest in the main story is named "Something begins, something ends" and the game tells you it's the last time you'll play as Geralt in a game, essentially - makes me excited for The Witcher 4. Glad they're going to go with Ciri as a protagonist, even if it IS predictable.

Bravo, CDPR. A masterpiece through and through.

MORE ENDING SPOILERS:

Huh that's interesting! I was wondering what the other endings would be. In mine Nilfgaard takes over the northern kingdoms since there was no one to stop the invasion (killed Radovid) but allows Temeria to become the free vassal state (Roche will be pleased). Same thing with Ciri occurred with me though. I love how they framed the very last scene in the game and cut to black. I've got to say though, the entire plot with Avallac'h was so good and I loved the quest called "Through Time and Space". Seeing the worlds of the Aen Elle, Aen Saevherne, etc. was one of the highest points for me.

hunchback

If I want to answer the questions about Witcher 2, do I start a new game or simulate Witcher 2? They should make that more clear.

nib95

Banned
So my game (PS4) came in a nice cardboard sleeve, with a soundtrack, map, proper manual etc. Impressed. Only paid £36 for it so was expecting the standard affair.

Skyzard

Banned
If I want to answer the questions about Witcher 2, do I start a new game or simulate Witcher 2? They should make that more clear.

Simulate - it's a simulation because someone will ask you about things that happened or something...but yeah, we don't know that lol.

I didn't play W2 so I picked no.

You get the option to simulate after you start a new game though don't you?

Hmm maybe it picked up that I might have launched W2 once...I don't have any gamesaves but there is a witcher 2 folder...maybe that affected things.

Wait for confirmation from another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom