• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrawnton

I dont understand your complaint at all. You dont have to fast travel at all. The only areas that are separated are skellige and the main world. I'm not even going to count stuff like the prologue, Vizima, and Kaer Morhen. These are contained quest related areas. Its no different than a loading screen when entering a city in Skyrim.

So the intro orchard is just a small separate piece and a vast part of the game is on one giant map, with some minor exceptions?

If that's the case, I can live with that.

Stoze

Okay, I keep seeing complaints about the discovery and question marks on the map, and I don't understand them. You can turn off the random question marks with an option in Display -> HUD Config -> scroll down -> Undiscovered POIs on map. This way they will only appear if you approach them, they won't pop up when visiting notice boards.

If they still do for whatever reason, than go back into the options and switch it on and off again. Switching between off and on will still keep the ones you already have visited or conquered, so no need to worry about that.

Am I miss understanding the complaints? It does leave quest giver icons on the map, but all of mine in Velen except 1 are notice boards so it dosen't really matter anyway.

Simulate - it's a simulation because someone will ask you about things that happened or something...but yeah, we don't know that lol.

I didn't play W2 so I picked no.

You get the option to simulate after you start a new game though don't you?

Hmm maybe it picked up that I might have launched W2 once...I don't have any gamesaves but there is a witcher 2 folder...maybe that affected things.

Wait for confirmation from another.

I didnt play witcher 2 but just based my choices on this short gamespot overview when i got asked about them

The quality of the writing and the attention to detail and character, combined with a real solid adaptation and understanding of the source material, just combines to put this game on a whole other level to most of what we see these days.

And technically the game is a masterpiece. The attention to detail is evident. The open world and the cutscenes combine to support the game at every turn, so it's fully immersive.

Everything feels grounded and coherent and fully realized. A unforgiving, harsh, brutal, dark fantasy world brought to total life.

This thread is turning into nothing but black bars. Maybe you guys should consider going into the spoiler thread?

Guys. Use the spoiler thread for ending spoilers. It doesn't matter that you tagged them or not. They aren't appropriate to post in the OT 2 days after release.

Yeah, I'm moving to the spoiler thread. Cheers.

The mission design continues to be superb, even in more linear areas. There will be offshoots or easily-missed spots with glorious treasures, needing only a keen awareness to find. The mission itself, though mostly running through corridors, still manages to be varied in locale, enemy, and approach. For those curious, the quest I'm talking about is
Geralt & Keira's Elven Ruins Adventures... or whatever it's called. Not done yet.

I'm continually floored by the production values of the Witcher 3; not only graphically, but also design wise. So impressive.

I much prefer 3's aesthetic to 2's... This.

CboOmrI.jpg

phierce

Please explain why it's inappropriate to post end spoilers in here when they're clearly labeled and tagged.

Just don't click 'em...??

I'm not finished or posting them, just trying to figure out what all the fuss is about.

Please explain why it's inappropriate to post end spoilers in here when they're clearly label and tagged.

Just don't click 'em...??

Because there is a spoiler thread that is made for the sole purpose to keep them out of this thread.

Also it turns the thread into a giants series of black bars.

Also people can click on them accidentally, or in many cases a poster will spoiler them incorrectly and make it so you dont know what you're clicking on.

Also many people cant help themselves and click anyways and get spoiled even though they didn't really want to.

Crazy wonderfull chain of events just began from simply exploring a lighthouse.
Explored lighthouse, did contract, went to get reward, got in a fight, got into prison, got into the cave of dreams
Simply amazing

2 for 2 so far when it comes to seducing love interests. Don't know how this is gonna shape my ending but I'll deal with the consequences later. Lol

Still in Velen! Is there a reason why I'm seeing
witch hunters
even though I save
Trish
, which should had prevented the
witch hunts
?

Well
Radovid has been a prick since Witcher 1 and was royally screwed over by the lodge (if I'm remembering it right), so it's totally in his character to be a self serving mage hater.

I just grabbed that from Amazon. It doesn't matter how Geralt looks to me - it's the actual art style and how everything looks completely plastic.

You didn't. But whatever.

All three games have been very impressive graphically. Maybe not so much nowadays, but Witcher 1 EE and Witcher 2 looked great in their day. And we all know what Witcher 3 looks like!

2 for 2 so far when it comes to seducing love interests. Don't know how this is gonna shape my ending but I'll deal with the consequences later. Lol

As far as i can tell you dont really have to do anything in specific ways or choices to get the romance. Just do their quests and you'll get the option.

nib95

Banned
So the game crashed on me whilst loading the first gameplay segment, and now I have to watch all the opening cut scenes again, all unskippable of course. Great start...

Lingitiz

Like I said, it's not about how Geralt looked, it was the Witcher 2 art style. CDPR REALLY nailed the aesthetic in Witcher 3 imo

They did forsure, but I don't want to take anything away from TW2. It's a great looking game provided you ditch that sharpening filter. The entire Flotsam area blew my mind back in 2011/12. It's certainly not as consistent..but hey it's been 4 years.

kingocfs

The quality of the writing and the attention to detail and character, combined with a real solid adaptation and understanding of the source material, just combines to put this game on a whole other level to most of what we see these days.

And technically the game is a masterpiece. The attention to detail is evident. The open world and the cutscenes combine to support the game at every turn, so it's fully immersive.

Everything feels grounded and coherent and fully realized. A unforgiving, harsh, brutal, dark fantasy world brought to total life.

I've only played for about 3 hours but the dialogue and the animation together are flooring me. This is also the first big game of the current gen I've played, but I just love how well the characters react to things being said. The overall performances have been impressive.

pakkit

Banned
33 hours, with maybe one or two being AFK while talking to a friend.

Uhh...I'm at 24 hours and I'm still in Velen working for the Baron.

These side quests....question marks....preparation for fights....and gwent are all eating up my time. But, with the exception of horse racing, everything feels refined and like it's not just there to waste your time. This is one of those gameworlds where it's so detailed that you don't want it to end...but then it doesn't end.

Moaradin

I'm really glad they went with this art style. Witcher 2 and the old Witcher 3 had this ugly as fuck sharpening filter. They added more sharpening options in the last patch and to no surprise, it looks garbage.

No, you are right. The areas are very big. But I wanted to be immersed in a true open world game and not have to fast travel. I'm pretty upset that's not what this is.

The game is very fun and the side quests are very engaging, but man this took a lot of wind out of my sails with my excitement level.

I believe the developer's reasoning behind this was to accurately portray the distances between land masses as they're described in the books, and they said that essentially if it were one huge instanced deal they could have done this but you'd be in your boat for a very long time to get to the other regions. Imo they could have taken some liberties there but I can see where they're coming from if they wanna go for accuracy.

Nameless

haha holy shit. Just stumbled on a
Cannibal
camp. And no less than
20 wild & haggardly dude's carrying primitive weapons
came pouring out.

nib95

Banned
What the hell... Seriously? The game won't load for me. Stuck on the first loading icon again indefinitely. Is it supposed to take ages?

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Man, Yen is such a change-up from Triss, personality-wise. HBIC vibes, lol.

Skellige is also such a (relatively) huge change-up from Velen/Novigraad.

Also, it's a ways back, but I'm pretty sure that depiction of Geralt in 'levelled' armor is the Ursine heavy witcher set.

statham

do shops become more available later on like all in the same location? I hate having to find a travel sign, then travel to go to one shop, travel back to sign to travel to goto another shops and so on. I just want to sell all my goods without having to hit up different vendors, which is a chore to get too. I have enough books for a Library, someone please let me off-load them.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
For the Witcher Contract Woodland Beast did you guys
let the elves go? I killed them but I don't know if it was a good thing or not lol.

Personally,
I let them go. It's more in line with Geralt's character. It's not the witcher way to meddle too deep in politics and factions. That and he has several friends throughout the series that have ties with scoi'tel/are non-humans. Don't have any idea of any later repercussions or not.

I've only played for about 3 hours but the dialogue and the animation together are flooring me. This is also the first big game of the current gen I've played, but I just love how well the characters react to things being said. The overall performances have been impressive.

Yeah, the facial expressions in the cutscenes are incredibly well done.

Personally,
I let them go. It's more in line with Geralt's character. It's not the witcher way to meddle too deep in politics and factions. That and he has several friends throughout the series that have ties with scoi'tel/are non-humans. Don't have any idea of any later repercussions or not.

Yeah honestly Im re-doing that part since
I had a pass to the cities already.

Demoskinos

Any werewolf tips? Found this one for the quest
"Wild at heart"
and he just continually regenerates health like crazy like way faster than I can DPS without getting myself killed.

I have cursed oil and been using Igni but I think I might just be flat out outclassed right now until I get a better silver sword. Thing wont die. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom