• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

pakkit

Banned
Negatives:

- Horse Racing
- Swimming controls
- Horse Racing
- Anxiety regarding choices
- Audio mastering (no directional voice acting, music score is too prevalent, and too loud)
- Glitches (see also: positives)
- Combat is complicated as fuck to understand: vitality, stamina, signs, mutagens, blocking, parrying, dodging, rolling, secondary weapons, bombs, potions, oils, crossbow and specific bolts, decoctions, points, temporary enhancements, weapon and armor degradation, leveling... Okay good luck keep that all in mind.
- and yet, I miss traps from the Witcher 2
- I can't stop playing

Someone on another forum I frequent just summed up this game's combat/movement perfectly:
And +1 to the complaints about the controls, right now it feels like playing a game with batman-ish combat, but with the responsiveness of a modern GTA.

Furyous

Someone spoil me please? Is it possible to kill the
Cronies
?

Hopefully my allegiance to Niilfgard and my refusal to bow doesn't come back to haunt me. If it does feel free to spoil me so I can replay that section. What type of Witcher bows to a king? I'm a Witcher that does not bow.

Beefy

For people that are doing the negatives there is a thread on them already. Saves your post getting lost in here with people asking about the story.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Cronies
?

Hopefully my allegiance to Niilfgard and my refusal to bow doesn't come back to haunt me. If it does feel free to spoil me so I can replay that section. What type of Witcher bows to a king? I'm a Witcher that does not bow.

I bowed sarcastically

nib95

Banned
Lmao, had loads of glitches with the PC version of Witcher 2, plus annoying update woes, now I get the console version to avoid all that and it won't even load. CPR hates me.

Nameless

Any werewolf tips? Found this one for the quest
"Wild at heart"
and he just continually regenerates health like crazy like way faster than I can DPS without getting myself killed.

I have cursed oil and been using Igni but I think I might just be flat out outclassed right now until I get a better silver sword. Thing wont die. :(

He doesn't start to heal until he's down to around 1/3 health. Once I got him below half, I took a thunderbolt potion and smothered him with fast attacks. Beat him at level 4.

Salaadin

"Wild at heart"
and he just continually regenerates health like crazy like way faster than I can DPS without getting myself killed.

I have cursed oil and been using Igni but I think I might just be flat out outclassed right now until I get a better silver sword. Thing wont die. :(

I used Axii to stun him frequently

Demoskinos

He doesn't start to heal until he's down to around 1/3 health. Once I got him below half, I took a thunderbolt potion and smothered him with fast attacks. Beat him at level 4.

What difficulty? Cause I'm on hard mode not sure if that makes a load of difference or not.

Aces&Eights

"Wild at heart"

Up to the North of the place is
some hapres. There is a chest there that has beast oil. this will help with the fight.

Also, when I got into the area with him I
just slowly moved til I aggrod him. The other wolves never came at me. Once he gets to you, flip sides so he cannot go back in and heal. Keep your back to the nest and his to the way you came in. I was level 4, killed him with 3 shots of fire magic and about 12 swipes

Yeul

Cronies
?

Later in the game there's an opportunity. I don't want to spoil you on how though!

Bleh. I just crafted some ugly ass armor that his hair clips through at the back really bad. Ah well. I have some pretty sweet lookin armor I crafted I can rock once I hit level 8. Im level 6 so it will probably only take another million years to hit level 8.

Ive seen some cool looking armor in some screens posted here but damn all the armor I have got so far is fugly.

hawk2025

Not quite getting the recipes/"torn pages" thing.

Once I have all the supplies and I craft something, what happens when I run out? Do I need to keep all these pages and all this stuff around?

nib95

Banned
Yes!! Restarted, restored my licences and now it loaded! PS4 version mind. Some guy on Twitter said he was having the same issue on the Xbox One version, so hopefully you can restore licenses on that too.

Majukun

where (spoiler for the result of "on death's bed")
do i find lena..the girl i tried to cure with a witcher potion during map 1?
the alchemist says nilfgaardians took her away..but where?

Khasim

Does anybody remember who sells the map for the first upgrade to the Cat armor set? I got the base armor and maps for upgrade 2, 3 and 4, but must have missed upgrade 1 somewhere and I can't find it.

Guille4000

Neo Member
"Wild at heart"

I had the same issue as you, I was at lv 4 with the silver sword from the begining and I finally killed him spaming the strong atack in combo with igni.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The baron quests get into some pretty fucked up stuff.

Game's growing on me a lot after the first session or so, the side quests especially seem to be actually worth it which means a lot for a game like this. Still a bit unwieldy with combat for now.

Dinjoralo

Yeah, I'm moving to the spoiler thread. Cheers.
I much prefer 3's aesthetic to 2's... This.

What the hell, why's Geralt look so weird? Is this from some pre-release media?
Although saying that, I did like 2's aesthetic, especially with the grossly exaggerated sharpening.

leng jai

I wonder if there will be a backlash for this game after a month. I really don't think so - outside of some control issues it's a masterpiece IMO.

GavinUK86

The hair and beards in this game are fantastic.

flflvg.jpg

Enosh

The different swords even get their own unique sheaths to boot.

Far cry from the standard "unsheathed sword hovers a couple inches from your back" that most developers default to.

I'd like to believe CDPR will usher in a new era of animators caring about such fine details, but I won't hold my breath.
seriously, sword floating on back is just stupid in this day and age

granted a lot of it is due to the your standard fanatsy "sword" being some kind of deformed club that would fit in any sheath while witcher swords are actual swords

zlatko

Banned
I only got to play a little past the tutorial tonight...and well I would've played more except

A) I had a few MAJOR frame rate drops. I'm talking I couldn't get past 5FPS. This is on PS4. Luckily it only happened on a few cut scenes. Once I was let out into the wild it was all good.

B) The game crashed on me when I tried Gwent, so I lost save data. How much I'm not sure, but fuck it.

I had a fresh Wii U I got too that I needed to unbox and set up.

I'll get into it tomorrow, but the technical stuff was lame.

The rest? Awesome possum. Music, graphics, combat got me killed trying to kill downers when the game gives you your horse right away. Hell yes! Loved that I could die in the start instead of being hand held.

Question for Witcher 2 players:

How far after Witcher 2's ending does this take place? I noticed my horses name is Roach...and that didn't strike me as a good sign for our buddy from 2.

Also, when will I get to state my "decisions" from witcher 2 here in Witcher 3 ? I had played W2 on PC and completed it, and I was hoping to resume the story I had set up from W2 here to W3.

Demoskinos

Finally beat him. Went full Leroy Jenkins on him and just spammed Tawny Owl/Thunderbolt potions while I went crazy with igni and heavy attacks. Bastard still put up a fight but hes down now.
Also, that woman was fucking NUTS

I think i bum f'ed myself picking the 2nd hardest difficulty i have no idea how im beating things with just a slither of life..i guess bloodborne tamed me from constantly dying..because good god the enemies that start healing if you dont kill them fast enough dsajhasdghdsa

DrSlek

where (spoiler for the result of "on death's bed")
do i find lena..the girl i tried to cure with a witcher potion during map 1?
the alchemist says nilfgaardians took her away..but where?

You don't find her again, but you find the man she was meeting when the griffin attacked in Velen. She's apparently with him afterwards. I don't want to spoil too much.

So I'm playing on the X1 version for probably an hour...then the game refuses to let me save. So irritated that I'm gonna have to replay another hour of this game. I love this game, but these technical issues are making me sad.

I know this has been said before but fall damage is fucking trash jumped over a railing to a very small fall almost died wtf I think it has to do with the physics

Dead

well not really...yet
Oxenfurt, southwest of Novigrad. You need to swim into there unless you have a pass to cross the Pontar.
lol. first time I got to Oxenfurt, I was glad I let myself be scammed and paid 100 crowns for that pass from that guy meet when you first enter Velen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom