• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedi2016

The hair and beards in this game are fantastic.

flflvg.jpg
Barber: "What can I do for you today, sir?"
Geralt: "Just fuck me up."

-or-

"What are you offering?"
"A haircut! Sit the fuck down!"

Salsa

spent all my money trying hair and beards instead of lookin it up like a dumbass

honestly dont like any option really

went with shaved except ponytail and full beard

Beefy

I am guessing you guys on about a different barber then the one you
release from a cage in Velen? I can't remember what village he goes to
but he only charges 10 gold per cut.

Shy

How far after Witcher 2's ending does this take place?
I believe it's six months to a year after 2.
Also, when will I get to state my "decisions" from witcher 2 here in Witcher 3 ? I had played W2 on PC and completed it, and I was hoping to resume the story I had set up from W2 here to W3.
If you loaded a save from 2 at the beginning, then it's all done, you don't need to state anything as it's already taken into consideration.

Skyzard

Banned
I hope they improve the rules binding ai enemies to certain locations when you're still nearby.

I was standing there chipping away with a projectile from long distance after being chased down...he retreated to that line with the other guy and I could fire at him for ages. Stepped forward a bit and attacked and they come at you.

http://a.pomf.se/bhijzp.webm

It was a similar problem with DA:I while playing as an archer.

Dominator

Overwhelming game is overwhelming. Quickly freaking out the more I play in Velen. I'm just unlocking the question marks even if I can't do them yet lol

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Just dove underwater, found a locked chest, swam through a crowd of attacking drowners, got the key off a body, opened it, and wound up with an amazing silver sword. More than twice as powerful as my previous one and it looks gorgeous. Classified as a relic item so I think it's a unique one.

Shouta

Great I just got there

I need to know... how ... how did you get it?

One of the loot locations. It's randomized so you'll get good stuff in some cases.

Just dove underwater, found a locked chest, swam through a crowd of attacking drowners, got the key off a body, opened it, and wound up with an amazing silver sword. More than twice as powerful as my previous one and it looks gorgeous. Classified as a relic item so I think it's a unique one.

That's how I got this, I think! lol

Soriku

If you're in White Orchard, where did you get the key?

Am I the only one around here who doesn't like gwent? It's just not clicking with me and I think it's boring. Not a fan of card games in general though except for hearthstone.

torontoml

Just started more or less on PS4, took the horse for a ride outside of that first town you end up in. When returning to the town the game started consistently stuttering while I was galloping.

Is this a regular occurrence? Just my game somehow? Kinda disappointed either way, is turning me off the game almost immediately.

Am I the only one around here who doesn't like gwent? It's just not clicking with me and I think it's boring. Not a fan of card games in general though except for hearthstone.

You and me both. I can't even figure out how the hell it's supposed to be played. I just throw cards down and lose a lot.

Soriku

I found the location he's mentioning early on in Velen, though there is an underwater loot chest in White Orchard but there were no enemies in the water there.

I found one locked chest underwater in WO as well as a locked chest in the building near the Mill. Any idea where to get key(s) for those?

The cure to not liking gwent is to play more gwent.
You and me both. I can't even figure out how the hell it's supposed to be played. I just throw cards down and lose a lot.
It's a game of cunning. Outplay the opponent by deceiving them into showing their hand, then crush them. It's much easier once you've seen their deck in subsequent rounds.

Well, of course you aren't going to like it when you have no idea how to actually play. There's probably a couple YouTube videos explaining how the game works by now. It's fun when you get the hang of it!

Dominator

I found one locked chest underwater in WO as well as a locked chest in the building near the Mill. Any idea where to get key(s) for those?
The mill chest is attached to a Treasure Hunting mission. If you followed the steps you should have the key by the time you have to go there. I don't remember much more than that, sorry.

SliChillax

Just started more or less on PS4, took the horse for a ride outside of that first town you end up in. When returning to the town the game started consistently stuttering while I was galloping.

Is this a regular occurrence? Just my game somehow? Kinda disappointed either way, is turning me off the game almost immediately.
Happens to me on a high end PC, it's like the game is skipping some frames.

KorrZ

Woo, the loot in the game sure is nice even early on.

Very nice! I am using the exact same silver sword. Tis a beauty.

Just found this lovely steel sword a few minutes ago:

W8paXjZ.jpg

Looks quite nice as well:

NX33ZhR.jpg

The poor corpses in this screenshot were asking a bit too much $$ for this so I was given no choice but to snag it for myself.

Ghost23

I'm almost level 11 and now have all the diagrams for the griffin armor. Is this armor too low for me now? I have quests for finding the upgraded griffin diagrams, but the recommended level is 18. Do I need to craft the first griffin armor set before I go for the upgraded, or are they separate armor sets?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

It's actually a really basic concept. You're just trying to get a higher overall number than the opponent, the main thing to note is the "rounds" the game is split into, the cards you start with are all you get for the entire game so you need to not overextend early on.

Holy hell just saw geralt slice a guys torso clean in twain O_O been playing for some time and hadn't seen that animation before. Would be cool to see a realistic damage mod for this, one slice and somethings comin off.

Ghosts of the Past spoiler:

So I found Letho, but I spoiled his plan of pretending to be dead. Sent him to Kaer Morhen. I feel like I did good, but I'm not sure!

antonz

Oh crap, I found Anna
and it doesn't look like I'm getting her back.

I'm thinking the alternative to what I did was equally bad.

Some of the best aspect of this game. There is no clear hand holding of what is good and what is evil. Its all grey and you just have to try and find the lesser of evils really

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom