• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.
is it possible to download the day one patch before the game is unlocked?

I'm trying to figure out the same thing.

vivek's shot is tweaked PC. This is another, with shit like foliage, shadow, etc rendering distances tweaked beyond ultra.

the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-config-file-tweaks-001-on.png

Geez I want to know what type of PC you need to get this. I'm about to build a PC just to prepare for Cyberpunk

How do I ensure I have downloaded the patch before the game unlocks?

Go to my games and apps
look for that white triangle indicator (on the W3 tile)
if it's there you are golden, if not set your X1 to instant-on , then the patch should trigger automatically (check up on it every 2h to be sure)

from the hour or so i played i can confirm 100% in this exclusive post

- can't kill or stab or punch or main children
- can punch geese
- climb a house
- jump off the roof of the house and die
- jump off cliff ledges and die
- jump off the kaer morhen
- yennefer's nice butt
- wear no pants (but medieval undies)
- no pants in cutscenes
- locked door on windmill fuck where is the key uuuuuuughhhhh
- run away from a bear
- run away from wolves
- footprints in sand
- found a sword
- found some boots
- combat is good but don't be a button mashing scrublord

Hilarious. What other animals can you punch? lol

I'm trying to figure out the same thing.

Geez I want to know what type of PC you need to get this. I'm about to build a PC just to prepare for Cyberpunk
On ps4 it downloads both and you can click on the patch to install it once the full game is installed. Go to your downloads and click on the update file.

Windam

Scaley member
from the hour or so i played i can confirm 100% in this exclusive post

- can't kill or stab or punch or main children
- can punch geese
- climb a house
- jump off the roof of the house and die
- jump off cliff ledges and die
- jump off the kaer morhen
- yennefer's nice butt
- wear no pants (but medieval undies)
- no pants in cutscenes
- locked door on windmill fuck where is the key uuuuuuughhhhh
- run away from a bear
- run away from wolves
- footprints in sand
- found a sword
- found some boots
- combat is good but don't be a button mashing scrublord

VOeAqXM.gif

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
I'm sure this has been asked already but does this unlock in 7 hours for PS4 users too? Checked a few pages back but didn't see anything

SomTervo

Addition to my post above:

I've noticed infrequent horrible pop-in.

Infrequent like twice in 5-10 hours. But it was really grim when it happened. Long fences and foliage appearing out of nowhere, some blatant in-cutscene objects getting rendered late. Seems to have smoothed out since I got to the main world area, though.

Yes, in my opinion. I think the mistake some people will make is going into it expecting a total overhaul of The Witcher 2, or treating it like a character action game, or exactly like Bloodborne. Positioning, movement, and timing attacks is still very important. But the hit targeting is sooo much better than The Witcher 2, and the flow of animations/functions feels a lot smoother and natural.
So no more Aarding my ploughing feet for no good reason? I'm okay with that.

SomTervo

So no more Aarding my ploughing feet for no good reason? I'm okay with that.

There are moments where there's almost a bit too much you can do in fights. I haven't made any mistakes now, but there are times when I think "I really need to use a sign" then have to mentally count through all the buttons on my controller to try and remember R2 is the Sign button.

There's a lot going on. And not all the controls feel very intuitive. R2 for signs is the worst contender I think. I never remember signs are on R2. They were perfect in The Witcher 2 on the Xbox - Y was it?

Edit: the caveat is that the combat in TW3 is really, really excellent. A lot of the fights fit into a perfect spot between Dragon's Dogma and Bloodborne. One of the boss fights was almost as satisfying as beating a Bloodborne boss - which is saying something.

BumRush

As I was just kinda fucking around I started on normal and definitely will be playing a notch above. Normal is nothing close to Souls, room for error even against 3 - 4 drowners was decent.

Excellent. Normal will be a nice change of pace from the games I've played lately.

Raptor

There are moments where there's almost a bit too much you can do in fights. I haven't made any mistakes now, but there are times when I think "I really need to use a sign" then have to mentally count through all the buttons on my controller to try and remember R2 is the Sign button.

There's a lot going on. And not all the controls feel very intuitive. R2 for signs is the worst contender I think. I never remember signs are on R2. They were perfect in The Witcher 2 on the Xbox - Y was it?

Edit: the caveat is that the combat in TW3 is really, really excellent. A lot of the fights fit into a perfect spot between Dragon's Dogma and Bloodborne. One of the boss fights was almost as satisfying as beating a Bloodborne boss - which is saying something.

How about the gore in terms of for example, can you cut a head off at any giving moment? or torsos?

lol. :p

woen

I finally have it, the hype got me!

The PS4 has a cool box, with a letter to the player, a map@Rockstar/Bethesa, stickers (!), a paper manual (so rare these days), a quick introduction to the universe and the soundtrack. The local store also gave me the first book. CDprojectred knows how to create customer loyalty from the box opening, it's great marketing.

SomTervo

How about the gore in terms of for example, can you cut a head off at any giving moment? or torsos?

lol. :p

On the one hand, you can only do 'special' finishers when it's the last enemy and they don't have much health. They're really nice, even if it's just Geralt simply stabbing them in the chest.

However, if you're significantly stronger than a soft-bodied enemy, you will chop their body into pieces with the killing blow alone.

For example. I encountered some Drowners once I had levelled a bit, and when I strong-attacked some of them, their bodies properly got chopped diagonally in half, or their arms off. The dismemberment was glorious. It was MGR Revengeance shit. Like Ninja Gaiden dismemberment.

It was pretty shocking when I accidentally did it to a guy I fought in an Inn, though. I didn't want to kill him but there he was, his body in separate halves across the room.

You can't do it whenever you want and it doesn't always happen, but it happens enough to be a nice special touch and be believable.

I've decided that I'm going to sit on the game and wait for it to be patched if there are framepacing issues on PS4. I can deal with the odd drop below 30fps, but if the game stutters every time I pan the camera (which I'll be doing a lot due to dem views), then I won't be able to enjoy it. And I've waited too long for something to get in the way of me enjoying this game.

Lord give me strength.

Raptor

On the one hand, you can only do 'special' finishers when it's the last enemy and they don't have much health. They're really nice, even if it's just Geralt simply stabbing them in the chest.

However, if you're significantly stronger than a soft-bodied enemy, you will chop their body into pieces with the killing blow alone.

For example. I encountered some Drowners once I had levelled a bit, and when I strong-attacked some of them, their bodies properly got chopped diagonally in half, or their arms off. The dismemberment was glorious.

It was pretty shocking when I accidentally did it to a guy I fought in an Inn, though. I didn't want to kill him but there he was, his body in separate halves across the room.

You can't do it whenever you want and it doesn't always happen, but it happens enough to be a nice special touch and be believable.
Playing on normal then lol, I want to be overpowered to be cuting fools left and right :D

Nice stuff man.

I've decided that I'm going to sit on the game and wait for it to be patched if there are framepacing issues on PS4. I can deal with the odd drop below 30fps, but if the game stutters every time I pan the camera (which I'll be doing a lot due to dem views), then I won't be able to enjoy it. And I've waited too long for something to get in the way of me enjoying this game.

Lord give me strength.

I believe it's XB1 with framepacing issues - as the fps is unlocked, or rather, it was as of yesterday. PS4 doesn't seem to have the problem from what I've heard.

Btw folks, the screenshots being posted are from here:

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/gu...-hunt-graphics-performance-and-tweaking-guide

UnrealEck

If attack/search/interact are all on mouse button 1 I'm going to scream.

Oh fuck I remember that shit. That was absolutely fucking downright completely and utterly 100% horrendously awful.
I remember looking like an idiot as I swung my sword at a bunch of boxes all the time.

I believe it's XB1 with framepacing issues - as the fps is unlocked, or rather, it was as of yesterday. PS4 doesn't seem to have the problem from what I've heard.

I'm thinking that people might have been misinterpreting framepacing issues as framerate drops on PS4. Here's hoping I'm wrong. And there are also reports of a memory leak.

Ledhead

Looks like i'll be getting my copy from Amazon on tuesday. Can't fucking wait. Now that school is done and I just have work, my nights will be free for the Witcher

Windam

Scaley member
The retail copy of the game doesn't come with a GOG key, does it? I don't want to wait for my copy to be delivered tomorrow and am seriously considering ordering it off GOG right now for the pre-load. Someone stop me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom