• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Also in case anybody was wondering I can fully confirm: you can't kill or attack kids.

EDIT: You also cant punch cows but you can stab them. Maybe you can punch them if you de-equip everything.

Also in case anybody was wondering I can fully confirm: you can't kill or attack kids.

EDIT: You also cant punch cows but you can stab them. Maybe you can punch them if you de-equip everything.

Good. Geralt's not the type to wantonly attack harmless children anyway (now, possessed demon children, that's likely a different matter).

KorrZ

So happy that this is releasing at 7 PM tonight...I thought I was going to have to wait until after work all day tomorrow

tioslash

giphy.gif

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Can you lure monsters into towns?

Didn't try, but most monsters seemed apprehensive about wandering out of their area. Could have been drowners not wanting to stray from water.

A bandit chased me a good distance though.

ViciousDS

Banned
anyone know how the recap is in the game? I never played the first two and don't want to be lost.Mass Effect 2 on PS3 with the dark horse comic was one of the coolest implementations if a recap that I think I've seen.

As long as they aren't brats and have a lot of dialog. getting chills remembering that little girl in W2 "deth 2 d skwurls" RIP my ears if anything as annoying as that voice is in.

Finally an OT! I was waiting since Friday, the day I had the game, to ask fellow Gaffers owning the game same questions.

So, does anyone know a place where I can get some smaragd dust?
In the hideout where the recipes were, there was only one portion located, but I need a second one to build the other sword
I didnt even found dust there. But i found out that loot is randomized when you reload a save so.

Sad PANDA here

I got a smaragd jewel but i dont want to break it down ;(

Game is shipping from Gamefly! Woot!

Will get it Thursday - Friday. I had no interest in this game but hey, a RPG is a RPG.

Will have both FFX/X-II Remaster and Witcher 3. Awesome. I'm proud of ya Gamefly.

EatChildren

from the hour or so i played i can confirm 100% in this exclusive post

- can't kill or stab or punch or main children
- can punch geese
- climb a house
- jump off the roof of the house and die
- jump off cliff ledges and die
- jump off the kaer morhen
- yennefer's nice butt
- wear no pants (but medieval undies)
- no pants in cutscenes
- locked door on windmill fuck where is the key uuuuuuughhhhh
- run away from a bear
- run away from wolves
- footprints in sand
- found a sword
- found some boots
- combat is good but don't be a button mashing scrublord

valkyre

thread is alive and amazing, I checked the retrospective videos but I was wondering if there is a .doc / .pdf file that has detailed information about the story so far in these series, like there was one for Dragon Age.

Would appreciate if there is something similar.

ironcreed

Banned

- can punch geese
- climb a house
- yennefer's nice butt
- no pants in cutscenes
- run away from a bear
- run away from wolves
- footprints in sand
- found a sword
- found some boots

Greatest impressions ever, lol.

HD5D94a.jpg

According to that white little triangle on the top right it seems like the Day 1 patch has already been downloaded. Well done! We can start right away!

Daffy Duck

- can punch geese
- climb a house
- yennefer's nice butt
- no pants in cutscenes
- run away from a bear
- run away from wolves

- footprints in sand
- found a sword
- found some boots

So the best thing to do when we encounter these is to run away? Roger.

Who needs the official Prima guide with tips like this. #Intel.

Some of the sidequests are glitchy.

Anybody had one where you have to save a guy locked in a cage, except he stands outside the cage and there's no key to be found on the whole little isle he's on...?

What is wrong with you?!?

Lol.

Reminds me of when I got Skyrim. My son started playing and he spend like 5 days just running around electrcuting foxes.

Justinh

My Xbox One copy is "out for delivery," that's nice, but I'm not sure if I'll actually play it (I really only got it for the physical manual, map, and other stuff like the preorder bonus hardcover comic). Maybe just wait for my GoG copy to unlock.

Nice OT, OP.

edit: haha, who the fuck am I kidding?
(whom? whatever...)
installing now

PC code hasn't been sent out to anyone really. Even youtubers/streamers who got it early were only getting X1 and PS4 code. CDPR have kept PC very tightly guarded for the most part.

That and GMG suck at giving out keys early most times

Friend of mine w/ ~500k got his PC review code yesterday, seems like they're a bit easier to get hold of in NA than elsewhere atm though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom