• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.
While playing the game suddenly someone rang the bell and BOOM!

Gwynbleidd slaying a Griffin

1fGRwQz.jpg

rOoQMZd.jpg

8tfgoSL.jpg

JyaijSn.jpg

Your figure seems that came better than most. From this shots its seems it doesnt have may painting problems (although seems your sword has the same problem as mine).
If you find something strange in your figure though, visit this thread http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1050306. Some of us are trying to get contact of CDPR to see if we can get any replacements.

I am level 4 and struggling with level 6 enemies. And the game wants me to travel down a dark mine and possibly fight a Level 33 monster that can take apart humans like a jigsaw puzzle. Sure, I'll get right to it.
lol I love that. They have so much health that if you even attempt to fight the creature it'll take an hour. Keep in mind that the monster can one shot you. Lol

Forkball

Are there any alternate signs that are clearly superior to the default ones? I want to know what I should invest my precious ability points into.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Are there any alternate signs that are clearly superior to the default ones? I want to know what I should invest my precious ability points into.

Igni flamethrower is slower than the quick burst. But good god is it utterly devastating.

What's the best way to deal with inventory? I've been selling off weapons and armor I don't need, but I have an absolute shit ton of random alchemy and crafting supplies. I'm still really early in the game so I don't know what I'll need. Should I sell it all off?

TheFatMan

Also keep in mind you don't loose access to the default sign. Hitting R2 once will trigger the default Sign, while holding R2 activates its alternative once you unlock.

This made me feel better about upgrading Axii, maybe it will you too.

Oynox

I have got some questions as well.

1. Are brown items (relics) unique? Should I keep them, or sell them? My inventory is quite full of them...

2. Are there any items you can craft with your starting gear? Except for the torso armor? I still have my starting gear, because I fear there might be a witcher gear recipe.

Cheers!

nbraun80

What's the best way to deal with inventory? I've been selling off weapons and armor I don't need, but I have an absolute shit ton of random alchemy and crafting supplies. I'm still really early in the game so I don't know what I'll need. Should I sell it all off?
I mean they aren't usually take up too much space, I haven't sold a single ingredient and I'm about 30 hours in. I mean if you need the cash go for it, but I'd rather just keep most the flowers and stuff in case i need it, instead of having to run around to find it later.

How are so many people finished already, is the main quest line really that short? Or did you guys just plow through and not really do any side quests?

be careful though

gdAXyIK.gif

i really hate when some objectives wont complete because you are too good at what you do in some missions, for example the griffin one i missed an objective because i discovered the nest without using my senses too much. hopefully as long i complete the mission it wont affect me on my rewards/story outcome though

Sotha_Sil

Up to about three hours play time, I'm just fiddling around in White Orchard, doing the occasional quest and taking in the sights.

The game seems quite impressive, I've very much enjoyed all of the quests. I was doing the quest with the "merchant" who lost his cart in the swamp (shown in gameplay trailer, not a spoiler), and was ambushed by drowners and had to flee prematurely. I didn't investigate everything I could have and went back to talk to him with his box in hand, and (deservedly) missed out on the "real" ending to that quest.

Superbly done, CDPR. That is an example of excellent game design.

anddo0

Who the hell designed the
werewolf fight
?

Terrible. The health regen is pure bullshit. The fact that he hits you less than a millisecond after the cut-scene is bullshit. By the time you regain composure he's back at full health. Really stupid design here, hadn't been frustrated with the game until now.

edgefusion

First time I've heard someone say they have a lot of money, lol. Finally getting some cash myself; never been so broke in an RPG before. Just repairing is insanely expensive; there was a time when I couldn't even afford to do that so I was carrying two sets of every sword, lol.

Really? I can pretty much buy what I want at this point and have mountains left over. I didn't know if maybe there was a house you could buy or some other large investment. I'm level 11 and just finished the Velen quest line.

I sell all the gear I'm not actively using and dismantle things like pelts etc. then sell any excess. For example if I have 30+ leather I'll sell 10 or so. Keep a stock of pretty much everything though.

nbraun80

Also keep in mind you don't loose access to the default sign. Hitting R2 once will trigger the default Sign, while holding R2 activates its alternative once you unlock.

This made me feel better about upgrading Axii, maybe it will you too.

yeah I mean it's really about your playstyle, the trap upgrade is nice if you like to put down something to slow them so you can try and pick some off, igni is good if you like to roll in and scortch some nekkers, the quen might be good if you find yourself in the middle and getting hit alot because it restores health if you get hit with it on, etc...

Dynasty8

The characters in this game are amazing...all interesting. One of my biggest turn offs in Skyrim and other ES is the bland characters. This is exactly what I've been looking for in an open world RPG.

Did my first Witcher contract last night. Felt good. Will do more tonight. Finished Velen, nuts. Some weird quirks in the writing , since I went ahead and did some Novigrad stuff early and already knew the details but still, some of the best writing in an RPG for me.

Going to work on more side stuff tonight.

Mista

Banned
Your figure seems that came better than most. From this shots its seems it doesnt have may painting problems (although seems your sword has the same problem as mine).
If you find something strange in your figure though, visit this thread http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1050306. Some of us are trying to get contact of CDPR to see if we can get any replacements.

Yeah thank god nothing happened to it. I was so worried especially that I live in the Middel East and I pre-ordered this from UK. I received it today with my heart pounding like if I will get a heart attack anytime but yeah, thank god everything came in one piece (not the anime ;p) Thanks for the care though, I appreciate it.

nbraun80

werewolf fight
?

Terrible. The health regen is pure bullshit. The fact that he hits you less than a millisecond after the cut-scene is bullshit. By the time you regain composure he's back at full health. Really stupid design here, hadn't been frustrated with the game until now.

hmm didn't think it was that bad, but I knew what was coming from the way the quest qas going and made sure i checked out my beastry on him, put the right oil on my weapon(cursed i believe), and I used igni most the time, which the burning seemed to counteract the health regen.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I know this is open world but is it similar to Skyrim as in exploration is encourages where you find dungeons and caves to explore or is everything quest related?

Mista

Banned
Anyone having a problem with the The Soldier Statuette quest? The map doesn't give me anything when I track it. Its either a bug or its that a moved on in the story to the point this quest is useless now.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Question about A Matter of Life and Death quest, because I don't know if it's bugged for me:
Yooo Triss' door is locked. I have the outfit and the fox mask, but the door to her house is locked so I can't go in and give it to her. Tried different times of day. Why :(

Mutombo

So have people figured out yet how not to button mash during fighting? I have no clue how to predict Gerald's moveset. At least I think I don't have a clue. Sometimes he spins. Sometimes he thrusts. As a consequence, I button mash my way through fights.

Chariot

I know this is open world but is it similar to Skyrim as in exploration is encourages where you find dungeons and caves to explore or is everything quest related?
Last time I accidentally stumbled into a random cave the game updated a quest and recommended that I should visit a certain person who gives a quest so I don't miss out on the Witcher pay.
Does anyone know what's in the paid expansion DLC?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/355880/

Hearts of Stone will take Geralt on an all-new 10-hour adventure into
the wilds of No Man’s Land and the nooks and alleys of Oxenfurt, where he’ll try to complete a contract from the mysterious Man of Glass. Caught in a thick tangle of deceit, Geralt will need all his cunning and strength to solve the mystery and emerge unscathed.
Blood and Wine, a 20-hour tale
that will introduce the all-new in-game region of Toussaint, will take Geralt to a land untainted by war, where an atmosphere of carefree indulgence and knightly ritual masks an ancient, bloody secret.

The upcoming expansions will offer gamers new content, gear and foes, and will feature characters both new and dearly missed -- all crafted with maximum attention to detail and quality.

Mista

Banned

You're free to go anywhere at anytime whenever you like. Nothing will stop you except your character level

Also, I'm questioning the stats play time report in game. It claims I've been playing for 5 days but that is impossible. I've played maybe 5-6 hours a night since release. More last night because of the weekend but nowhere near that. And it can't be in game time because in one sitting I let 5 days pass.

So I'm level 13 and came across a level 20 Earth Elemental and could barely damage it. Is there some trick to it or is it just something that you need a higher level and better equipment for. I've taken down wyvern's about that level with not too much trouble, just so curious. I'm on the difficulty between normal and hardest.

LProtag

Is there a point in Velen where you can't continue doing some of the quests and fail them? I'd rather not go past another point of no return.

patapuf

The Witcher is not nearly as dungeon heavy as skyrim but you still find a lot of interesting things just wandering around. You will also get credit for completing a quest objective even if you haven't accepted a quest yet.

That said, the best content is definitely quest related and there's a lot of them.

Chariot

Also, I'm questioning the stats play time report in game. It claims I've been playing for 5 days but that is impossible. I've played maybe 5-6 hours a night since release. More last night because of the weekend but nowhere near that. And it can't be in game time because in one sitting I let 5 days pass.
You probably play on the PS4. It's a known bug.

Mista

Banned
So have people figured out yet how not to button mash during fighting? I have no clue how to predict Gerald's moveset. At least I think I don't have a clue. Sometimes he spins. Sometimes he thrusts. As a consequence, I button mash my way through fights.

In The Witcher, you'll get punished for button mashing. You have to use a mix of swordplay,magic,parrying,stepping aside and rolling over. If you dont do that you'll get hurt real bad. I assume you haven't played the first two games right?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
werewolf fight
?

Make sure you have a good silver sword for that quest, it makes a huge difference on him. I had accidentally equipped a shitty one and it barely did anything, went back and put on a much stronger one and it ripped through him so quickly I didn't even notice the regen.

Mutombo

In The Witcher, you'll get punished for button mashing. You have to use a mix of swordplay,magic,parrying,stepping aside and rolling over. If you dont do that you'll get hurt real bad. I assume you haven't played the first two games right?

I played the 2nd one. I use magic and as soon as my Quen is out I retreat to get a new one. But, and I guess so it goes after playing a lot of Bloodborne, there seems to be less control over how you swing, and how to time your attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom