• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximo

Man, I just can't decide if I should (Velen, Ladies of the Woods)
free the tree spirit or kill it.

From what I understand the decision changes
what happens to the Baron and his wife, but in the end the result is that both will leave the game at the end of the quest line anyway
I personally chose the more "interesting choice"

DOWN

Banned
I saw that one person had done a pretty accurate scale comparison (not just taking the devs word for it on mileage numbers) between this and GTA V. Anyone done this for Unity? I am wondering how big it is when you factor in the interiors and verticality of its maps since it is certainly one of the largest cities of its kind.

Does every Gwent player have cards they give you if you win, and do they only do it once each?

Picked up a level 33 contract just after leaving White Orchard. Don't think I'll be doing that for a while :p

JP

Enjoying it but the controls and the camera is incredibly frustrating at times.

It's bad enough on open ground where you're walking in one direction and you'll suddenly sprint off in the opposite direction for no reason but it's really frustrating during combat due to the delay between pressing a button and him doing anything. It's really putting me off now but hopefully they'll be able sort it out at some point.

Forkball

I think my day and night is glitched. It is broad daylight at night time. It even shows the moon icon near the time. Its only been doing it for a little bit though. Maybe I need to fast travel somewhere or go into a cutscene again to fix it.

I got the griffin armor, I finally look like a witcher and not someone in a Shakespeare play. I also managed to beat Jenny O' the Woods in easily the toughest battle so far in the game. It came down to one hit between us. The battle was great though, you really have to use everything at your disposal to win. Cast Yrden to trap it so you can hit it, use your crossbow to stop the illusions from stealing your health, your bombs to prevent her from transforming, spectre oil to do a bit more damage, potion chugging to give more buffs, sword and armor buffs from the local town etc. It is so satisfying to defeat a foe after you have properly prepared for it.

I cannot imagine myself giving GotY to another title.

AngryMoth

I didn't have much hype going into this for whatever reason and i didn't know much about it other than having seen the trailers. It's a bit of a slow burn to begin with but the game has been getting its hooks into me and I'm really loving it now, about six hours in. Sat at work wishing I could go home and play

Forkball

So once you leave an area you can never go back?

You can. It's just better to clear the area before you start the real story because Velen is so huge and can be very overwhelming. There is so much stuff that you can find in White Orchard that will be helpful for the entire game, like bomb recipes and ingredients. Definitely wipe out all the ? marks and do the side quests.

Dmax3901

After 20 hours I just went to Novigrad for the first time and holy shit I can't even handle it. It's huge and looks so fucking good.

I went and explored the world a bit at lvl 7

I climbed a mountain and found ruins with some chests over the place and a lvl 19 ogre protecting it

I ran like all hell from the ogre but managed to loot the chests. Got me a nice sword with some nice? armor diagrams

anyone knows what I'm talking about?

You can. It's just better to clear the area before you start the real story because Velen is so huge and can be very overwhelming. There is so much stuff that you can find in White Orchard that will be helpful for the entire game, like bomb recipes and ingredients. Definitely wipe out all the ? marks and do the side quests.

Thanks... And thanks everyone

Beefy

I went and explored the world a bit at lvl 7

I climbed a mountain and found ruins with some chests over the place and a lvl 19 ogre protecting it

I ran like all hell from the ogre but managed to loot the chests. Got me a nice sword with some nice? armor diagrams

anyone knows what I'm talking about?

Wait until you see the level ?? creatures. I ran past a level ?? Griffin and it just landed near me to one shot me.

Pretty straight forward; there are several Witcher gear sets in the game, and crafting schematics can be discovered to upgrade them. Witcher gear schematics are tied to locations in the game world that have to be discovered. Maps can be found on vendors that'll point to upgrade locations. Check your "treasures" quest log tab to see if any are active.

Only concern with upgrading Witcher gear would be the level requirement. No reason not to upgrade, but you'd want to do it when you can actually wear/use the stuff.

Thanks, so I just need to find the right schematics to upgrade stuff.

grimmiq

Wow the Monster deck is some bullshit. In like 3 turns the dude got to 93 points..Seems if you don't have 2 cold weather cards to win each round you can't win.

UberLevi

Just finished Family Matters.

I decided to save the orphans. Seeing the Baron hanging from the tree ripped out a small piece of my soul, holy shit.

I knew something was up about the total play time...Mine says that it's already at 3 days and 4 hours. I know that I have not played that long, not even close. I'd say 1 day and a half at most. So that got me thinking, is it based on the in-game time? Like with meditation and just time passing by?

iNvid02

the random outbursts by peasants crack me up

UpMWR9a.jpg

Just finished Family Matters.

I decided to save the orphans. Seeing the Baron hanging from the tree ripped out a small piece of my soul, holy shit.

I see

I did investigation before i did this quest. Asked the townsfolk for who info and the vast majority basically kept saying the tree was evil. Talking to the tree too made it seem like it was appealing to humanity trying to save the kids, but didnt care what happened afterward in an evil way. So i decided to end the tree right there and then. We were able to save Anna with her lost mind in which the Baron finally made a meds with his Daughter while taking his wife to go get aid in the blue mountains.

both ways i felt were evil to their devices, i think i just went with the less evil route. Geralt had an interesting monologue to say with it too.

Maximo

I would play The Witcher: Gwent on steam. Though would need a better client/interface though. Make they interface as simple as Hearthstone and it could do really well as a f2p/pay for packs kinda thing.
Yep definitely agree this is a gold mine they should take advantage of.

Maximo

I see

I did investigation before i did this quest. Asked the townsfolk for who info and the vast majority basically kept saying the tree was evil. Talking to the tree too made it seem like it was appealing to humanity trying to save the kids, but didnt care what happened afterward in an evil way. So i decided to end the tree right there and then. We were able to save Anna with her lost mind in which the Baron finally made a meds with his Daughter while taking his wife to go get aid in the blue mountains.

both ways i felt were evil to their devices, i think i just went with the less evil route. Geralt had an interesting monologue to say with it too.

Saved the tree because it seemed like the most interesting choice, plus the Crones seemed afraid of it I thought hey if it poses a threat to them it might be good to release it. Baron hanging himself seemed like the better choice, definitely not a happier ending but I enjoyed it more.

Enhanced Dragon's Dream is awesome. Throw 3, cast igni, big flame of fire/explosion, lots of damage. The bomb lasts for 30s once thrown it so you just gotta ignite them so when there's a huge group of enemies I throw all 3 down and boom with my igni. 400 damage from each bomb.

Also, why can't Geralt use a torch while riding his horsie. He can with swords but not a torch? :(

What? That can't be right. Can anyone else confirm this.

Don't know about secondary quests, but you can still go there and can still do ?'s and treasure hunts -- I've done so myself.

What do I do with all this cash? I have 4k on me and nothing to buy.

First time I've heard someone say they have a lot of money, lol. Finally getting some cash myself; never been so broke in an RPG before. Just repairing is insanely expensive; there was a time when I couldn't even afford to do that so I was carrying two sets of every sword, lol.

some saves are getting corrupted on xbox one, they are suggesting a hard reset so here I go

What? Corrupted saves? That sucks. Make sure to save in multiple save slots as usual for RPGs.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I recommend doing all the White Orchard quests as there's really not that many, they're short, and the rest of the locations are basic monster nest/bandit camp/find treasure stuff that teaches you the open world formula before entering the real world. Clean it out, move on.

choppingspree

Neo Member
Don't know about secondary quests, but you can still go there and can still do ?'s and treasure hunts -- I've done so myself.

First time I've heard someone say they have a lot of money, lol. Finally getting some cash myself; never been so broke in an RPG before. Just repairing is insanely expensive; there was a time when I couldn't even afford to do that so I was carrying two sets of every sword, lol.

What? Corrupted saves? That sucks. Make sure to save in multiple save slots as usual for RPGs.

yeah I do have other saves so it won't be a complete loss just annoying

also apparently don't suspend the game, always close it out completely (xbox one)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom