• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.
wait..what city is novigrad exactly?the one with on 2 islands on the east or the big one to the north?

because the bridge of the first one says novigrad..but there i finished a quest that was supposed to be in another city

Novigrad is the big one to the north. The one with the bridge called Novigrad is actually Oxenfurt. I... don't really know why :p

Serrato

Just finished it

hXAyz.jpg

Still have most of Skellige PoIs to do but Velen is complete and so are most of the quests in Skellige.

Eh... Damn you are fast! I just got to Skellige and I am 50h in... And I didn't complete most of the shit to do in Velen. I guess it's because I play on Death's march.

Mifec

Eh... Damn you are fast! I just got to Skellige and I am 50h in... And I didn't complete most of the shit to do in Velen. I guess it's because I play on Death's march.

I played on Blood and Broken Bones, doubt Death March is that much harder, game became ridiculously easy once I got good gear.

JohngPR

Just saw the Keira thing through.

I ended up spending the night with her and sleeping with her. I dunno man, it felt like the thing to do...Geralt got caught up in the moment and he can't say no to a witch. :p She ended up trying to take the documents but I talked her into going to Kaer Morhen and asked for the documents back. That was a dicey situation because I really didn't want to fight her. She seemed reasonable the entire time so I didn't feel it was necessary to press her too hard.

Courage

Just finished the Triss side-quest arc.

I feel kinda selfish for making her stay (is there an alternative if I picked another choice?) but I'd rather Geralt be with her than Yennefer, despite the latter's importance.

TraBuch

Banned
I convinced
Triss
to stay, is she still in the city? I've got a couple items that say I should let Triss look at, but I have no idea where she is. Forgot where she lived.

Just finished the Triss side-quest arc.

I feel kinda selfish for making her stay (is there an alternative if I picked another choice?) but I'd rather Geralt be with her than Yennefer, despite the latter's importance.

Yes the other option, the one I went with, is
she leaves the city and that's that. The quest line update (from Dandelion) says her and Geralt would cross paths several times again in the future, but only ever as friends. I was kind of sad, but I felt good about the decision.
It's crazy how much of an impacts some of the choices you make have and how most of those decisions really never leave you feeling great.

DrKelpo

Banned
I'm no programmer, but why does it take 30 - 40 seconds for the same cave to load again, if I die in a boss fight but takes like 10 when fast travelling across half the map?

Courage

I convinced
Triss
to stay, is she still in the city? I've got a couple items that say I should let Triss look at, but I have no idea where she is. Forgot where she lived.

She goes to Kaer Morhen. I'm assuming that's where the endgame is?

Majukun

I'm no programmer, but why does it take 30 - 40 seconds for the same cave to load again, if I die in a boss fight but takes like 10 when fast travelling across half the map?

because you can fast travel only to certain location that are probably made so that the game can load them really fast,while specific places don't

dedhead54

Regarding Griffin gear:

The blacksmith I have been going to in Velen is too low of a level to craft the griffin silver sword for me. I haven't yet traveled to Novigrad. Is there someone there who can craft it? I've got all the mats and I am far enough along to where I have some quest leads in Novigrad.

Beefy

That works too. I know the quests trigger when you find the locations. Thanks.
All in Skellige.
Ursine Silver Sword:Ard Skellig: North of Rogne. Fort Etnir in a sack.
Ursine steel sword: Ard Skellig: ruined inn, in a chest.
Ursine crossbow: Spikerog: old witch tower, on a skeleton.
Ursine armour (complete set) all in Yngars Fang in Fort Tuirsearch in the prison cells.

Deadstar

I find it weird that in witcher 1 and 2 I preferred Geralt with no beard, but for some reason I'm loving it in 3. I got a shave and immediately regretted the decision.

Anyone else found the howler fight a bid weird? Like its glitchy? He's extremly hard at first but then you notice somethibg in the fight and he becomes extremly easy

Majukun

I find it weird that in witcher 1 and 2 I preferred Geralt with no beard, but for some reason I'm loving it in 3. I got a shave and immediately regretted the decision.

same here..default geralt iss the best geralt..didn't find a single cut that looked as good

Skyzard

Banned
I was a tad disappointed by Oxenfurt. A really beautiful looking town, but didn't seem to be much to do there. There are more interactive NPCs in most of the tiny towns...(maybe I just came at the wrong time, and need to come back later for sidequests).

100% agreed

They're saving that part of the game for DLC:

Hearts of Stone will take Geralt on an all-new 10-hour adventure into the wilds of No Man’s Land and the nooks and alleys of Oxenfurt, where he’ll try to complete a contract from the mysterious Man of Glass. Caught in a thick tangle of deceit, Geralt will need all his cunning and strength to solve the mystery and emerge unscathed.

Soi-Fong

So... About Keira..

I just killed Keira preventing her from getting those papers to Radovid... But goddamn do I feel horrible. On the plus side, I feel good not letting my dick having its way and turning her down when she wanted to have sex. Gotta keep faithful to Yennefer. :)

skynidas

Banned
So... About Keira..

I just killed Keira preventing her from getting those papers to Radovid... But goddamn do I feel horrible. On the plus side, I feel good not letting my sick having its way and turning her down when she wanted to have sex. Gotta keep faithful to Yennefer. :)

hah! that's not gonna last long

Because they change appearance with magic.. in reality they are usually old deformed hags

I don't recall every sorceress changing their appearance drastically outside of one particular one. As to keeping themselves young and beautiful that's another thing. If you gotta ask why every sorcereress is hot you gotta ask "why are these random village women so hot" as well. It's a game that unless the character is meant to be old and ugly will likely make the woman decently good looking.

JohngPR

So... About Keira..

I just killed Keira preventing her from getting those papers to Radovid... But goddamn do I feel horrible. On the plus side, I feel good not letting my sick having its way and turning her down when she wanted to have sex. Gotta keep faithful to Yennefer. :)

I thought that same thing initially but the thing with this series is that you never really see how Geralt feels about Yennefer in a meaningful way, you are simply told about it throughout the series until now. However, I feel like I've really gone through something with Triss and feel like I could trust her more than Yen.

With all that said, I feel guilty that I didn't stay faithful to even Triss, but it felt right in the moment to spend the night with Keira. :p

diaspora

I thought that same thing initially but the thing with this series is that you never really see how Geralt feels about Yennefer in a meaningful way, you are simply told about it throughout the series until now. However, I feel like I've really gone through something with Triss and feel like I could trust her more than Yen.

I never gave a shit about Triss personally.
Always just sort of seemed to be just... there.

Weird to see that the tessellation AMD driver override greatly helps Hairworks performance. I cannot imagine why though.

Because it's dropping the amount of tessellation to a lot lower levels than the default uses

I think (I recall reading/hearing this but can't find the source ATM, might be wrong) that by default it's applying something like x32 or x64 tessellation to the hairs (with MSAA 8x on top of that) and the AMD tweak is dropping that down to x2, x4, x8 levels.

Not sure if the tweak affects the MSAA 8x on the hairs though.

Chiggs

Gold Member
PS4 v1.01 here. Quests are incredibly glitched/bugged in White Orchid (glad to be out of that boring area). Temerian Valuables cannot be completed and side quests no longer appear in my quests menu. Going back to the notice board, I can retrieve more quests but they don't show up anywhere and I can't even reference the notes.

Oh, and stumbled on a nice combat glitch where Geralt is unable to draw either of his swords.

Game is really starting to pick up story-wise, but the current lack of polish in this version is very shocking. Not a happy camper.

diaspora

Because it's dropping the amount of tessellation to a lot lower levels than the default uses

I think (I recall reading/hearing this but can't find the source ATM, might be wrong) that by default it's applying something like x32 or x64 tessellation to the hairs (with MSAA 8x on top of that) and the AMD tweak is dropping that down to x2, x4, x8 levels.

Not sure if the tweak affects the MSAA 8x on the hairs though.

I'm using Radeon Pro to roll with x64, still better.

edit: Dunno about the MSAA though, that might be it.

Serrato

Regarding Griffin gear:

The blacksmith I have been going to in Velen is too low of a level to craft the griffin silver sword for me. I haven't yet traveled to Novigrad. Is there someone there who can craft it? I've got all the mats and I am far enough along to where I have some quest leads in Novigrad.

There is a Journeyman Weapon Smith in Oxenfurt.

cheezcake

GAF, this game is the fucking GOAT. I started yesterday and I've put in 14 hours and I'm still wondering around the rural villages of Velen. The side quests are the best I've played in an rpg, the combat is surprisingly fun after you get the hang of it and the visuals are GORGEOUS maxed out on PC.

Mutombo

Aso leveling takes ages, doesn't it? Yay, new quest achieved, yay, 20 experience points.

I'm level 4 and a half, and still haven't been able to make an oil. I've made a few potions though. Is it bad luck? Do I miss something?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I much prefer the side quests to the main quests, I just love roaming around slaughtering shit. The world is the best I've ever experienced in a game, it's just so alive and fleshed out, every other game onward will pale in comparison.

dedhead54

Aso leveling takes ages, doesn't it? Yay, new quest achieved, yay, 20 experience points.

I'm level 4 and a half, and still haven't been able to make an oil. I've made a few potions though. Is it bad luck? Do I miss something?

The leveling picked up quite a bit for me once I hit 6 or 7.

There is a Journeyman Weapon Smith in Oxenfurt.

Thank you.

(Oxenfurt doesn't even have a waypoint on my map. I don't think I've even been there yet, hah. And I am nearly 30 hours in to this game. Time to head that way!)

Iztli

24 hours in and im still lvl 11 lol.

I'm 23 hours in on Death March level 5. Usually anything can kill me with 2-3 hits because of that my fights are long.

Taking my sweet time doing everything with compass off and POIs off

Amazing videogame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom