• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrKelpo

Banned
Jesus Christ, the damage dealt by archers is insane sometimes... I try to clear a bandit camp, where the guys have the same level as me. There are 3 archers inside so basically every spot in 200 m range is a death zone. They weren't even on my map anymore and I was behind thick bushes and trees and still got a arrow in the head while running.

liezryou

No wonder she's an asshole to you, if you cannot even spell her name right. You deserve that treatment!

Yeah i felt like it was wrong as i was typing it. Can't be arsed to look up the correct spelling for her.

Just to be clear i am in the middle of skellige so my opinions are just based up to my interactions with her up till now. Not a clue what happens in the end game.

Jesus Christ, the damage dealt by archers is insane sometimes... I try to clear a bandit camp, where the guys have the same level as me. There are 3 archers inside so basically every spot in 200 m range is a death zone. They weren't even on my map anymore and I was behind thick bushes and trees and still got a arrow in the head while running.

Yeah archers are OP. I was behind a tree and the guy was on the other side and I got sniped. Went right through the damn thing. Whenever I see one in a group, I target them first because of how tough they are.

Forkball

the random outbursts by peasants crack me up

UpMWR9a.jpg
Some of them will even reveal points of interest in their conversation. It's pretty organic and is an interesting way to convey quest info.

Yeah, archers can be tough. Especially when one hits you, and then the other bandits get in cheap attacks when you're staggered. You can lose a lot of health really quickly. I try to handle them first. Also, they CAN shoot the other bandits by accident. I've seen a few bandits get killed by a stray arrow from their buddy.

Also, I can confirm that the default beard does grow with different haircuts. I am not sure what affects it though. I think it goes solely by in game days. In one path for a certain quest, you can decide to do something a week later. I meditated for about a week and noticed I had more stubble. Strangely though, it seemingly grew into a full blown build almost out of nowhere in that same day.

I went and explored the world a bit at lvl 7

I climbed a mountain and found ruins with some chests over the place and a lvl 19 ogre protecting it

I ran like all hell from the ogre but managed to loot the chests. Got me a nice sword with some nice? armor diagrams

anyone knows what I'm talking about?
By a huge tree by chance?

Cranberrys

I really really love the game but I think about waiting for the release of 1.03 on PS4 and start over. I'm only 10-12 hours in anyway. I found the L3 sensitivity way too high for my taste so I hope the patch will adress that. I reduced R3 to 0.75 but can't do nothing about L3 and sometimes Geralt make a few steps by himself when I release the stick, it's very disturbing, especially in combat. Aside from that, this game is truly amazing and so immersive.

So I started playing yesterday on a 560gtx (and even worse cpu), put everything on medium, and it was pretty choppy. 15-30 fps more in the low spectrum (suprisingly, character interacions and interiors still looked amazingly great even on medium)
Of course, its a 560. Im still waiting to see if I buy a new pc with a 970, or wait for the new directx 12 cards. I dont really know what to do though :(
I really really want to play the witcher 3, but I dont know if its better to wait and play it on all its splendour on the first time, or beat it once with low settings (or maybe I use medium on 720p, as im now using 1080), and then beat it again with all the settings up.

Also played Gwent (gwynt in spanish, I suppose thats from the polish tanslation, just like we call Dandelion, Jaskier, just like in poland), and it was surprisingly easy.
Read some tips here about letting your competitor win the first round and it works like charm.
Also really fun.

Number45

There are some notices on the first notice board that you come to that don't seem to give me anything in the quest log, I assume that's intended? I took them, and they were back there the next time I stopped by so I took them again and still no quest.

I've done the well contract.

Was fighting a group of bandits and was keeping a huge, thick tree between me and the archer to brake his line of sight but the arrows just went straight through. That was disappointing.

Played the first section with Ciri, hadn't even seen any gameplay yet or even heard her voice. It's great to finally meet the character in the game after all those hours reading the books, she's been through so much fucked up shit, I hope CDPR did the character justice.

SDCowboy

When do you start getting new armor in this? I'm only a few hours in, but I've yet to find any new armor other than some basic boots.

Sakura

How the hell do you ride a boat exactly? I'm supposed to sail somewhere, and I go up to boats on my minimap, but no button prompt.

QP3

There are some notices on the first notice board that you come to that don't seem to give me anything in the quest log, I assume that's intended? I took them, and they were back there the next time I stopped by so I took them again and still no quest.

I noticed this too, so I assumed that they are more of hints/markers for places of interest. I could be wrong though, looking to clarify.

I am level 4 and struggling with level 6 enemies. And the game wants me to travel down a dark mine and possibly fight a Level 33 monster that can take apart humans like a jigsaw puzzle. Sure, I'll get right to it.

Number45

I've decided my Geralt is going to pretend to be a dick, but try and do the right thing. Of course, that has already lead to somebody being executed for a 'minor' crime!

When do you start getting new armor in this? I'm only a few hours in, but I've yet to find any new armor other than some basic boots.
I've found various bits and pieces by looting peoples personal property exploring the opening area.

MAX PAYMENT

I really really love the game but I think about waiting for the release of 1.03 on PS4 and start over. I'm only 10-12 hours in anyway. I found the L3 sensitivity way too high for my taste so I hope the patch will adress that. I reduced R3 to 0.75 but can't do nothing about L3 and sometimes Geralt make a few steps by himself when I release the stick, it's very disturbing, especially in combat. Aside from that, this game is truly amazing and so immersive.

I don't understand. I don't have this problem at all. When you press the stick slightly he starts to run?

Bloody baron and ladys of the wood quest chains got me fucked up.

I didn't believe the spirit in the tree.. :'( all those children. I vow to get my revenge on those witches

RS4-

Well it certainly sucks that I'm not I missed out on the gwent cards from the white Orchard bar or whatever.

One trophy is tied to getting all the gwent cards right?

TheFatMan

So am I fucked in regards to getting back my original gear? Can't find it on any of the merchants

It can disappear if you sold it and left the area yes.

Honestly it's not a big deal...there is one crappy recipe that uses your original chest armor and you will find better pretty quickly in the game.

I wouldn't stress over this.

Holy fuck just unlocked Yrden alternate mode.
So good!! It destroys any projectiles with a lightning bolt and also attacks enemies near it with the bolt periodically

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom