• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeliard

My quest log is looking pretty funny right now - 75% of it is stuff that is at least 10 levels higher than what I currently am (which is level 10). Need to do more main quests I guess. :p

RDreamer

Man, Drowners are some bastards. Just had a hard 8 minute fight with bandits and stuff. Battle ended and Geralt put away his sword only to be one hit kill punched in the head out of nowhere by a Drowner.

CoG

What are the HUD hiding/disabling options for this game (any version) with the latest patches. Plasma owner who just got burned (harhar) by Bloodborne and I'm gunshy about running another long ass game on my set.

It would have been nice if there were some more hints for the places of power or smuggler's caches strewn around the world. I don't want to turn on places of interest and I also don't want to do a grid search of the whole world.

cheezcake

My quest log is looking pretty funny right now - 75% of it is stuff that is at least 10 levels higher than what I currently am (which is level 10). Need to do more main quests I guess. :p

Did you also swim to Oxenfurt and pick up all those witcher contracts? That's exactly what my quest log looked like at the moment haha

Just left White Orchard this morning, but it seems I need to return there immeadiately as I missed the
Herbalist
. I can go back there after leaving Velen, right? Or should I reload my save and go back?

Majukun

Just left White Orchard this morning, but it seems I need to return there immeadiately as I missed the
Herbalist
. I can go back there after leaving Velen, right? Or should I reload my save and go back?

reload,if i got thi correctly,her quest goes to the next step when you leave white orchard for the first time

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
How many hairstyles in total are you supposed to have with the DLC? I don't think mine is loading up because I don't have any in the picture advertising it.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Out of curiosity, did anyone who is playing Witcher 3 as either their first Witcher game, or didn't import a save, get a quest from the book merchant in Novigrad?

I ask because what you get from that quest is very very specific to the Witcher 1 and I'm wondering if I got it because I imported a save from W1 -> W2 -> W3, or if everyone gets it and it just means nothing to people who didn't play W1.

fquick

Neo Member
First day was not impressed; second day I'm hooked. Any help with
ladies in the woods werewolf? Its health recovers way too fast. I'm level 6.

dlauv

Beat the Level 8 witcher contract
shrieker
without any tools but didn't get the achievement. I knew I probably wouldn't when I was forced to use a tool in a certain part of the quest, but I did come out with some interesting combat tips.

Hitboxes are wonky on big animals. Sometimes it seems like flanking would be a good idea but for some reason you'll get smacked even during a perfect dodge. For big animals like this one, dodge directly backwards, and the perfect dodge mechanic will register every time.

Darkone

Sigh, The lack of sort in the inventory is killing me.
I cant see all those crafting materials spread around from diffreant types and not in groups.
It would be great if they will add when you loot stuff it will show you how much you have from it in your invetory if at all.

roytheone

Been doing quests around the area you start in when you gain access to no man's land, and there are almost no merchants? I keep having to go back to white orchard simply because I can't find a blacksmith to sell my loot too.

Denton

This game plays so god damn amazingly on PC. Loading times about 5 seconds, perfectly smooth 60fps with no drops, responsiveness in combat is amazing, the combination of two dodge moves, signs, parrying, riposte, it flows so beautifully...
Not to mention the insane graphics and thus atmosphere, I am just amazed..
I am still just exploring White Orchard but damn I am certain this will be a GOTY and not just this year.

Tacitus_

Heh, found an another GoT reference, a dwarf (or a halfling?) in a sky cell

gaOVKSi.jpg

Omg that scene at the end of the White Orchard prologue

Where you
are cornered by the thugs in the bar and have to slaughter them

The second I got control after the cutscene I
threw a grapeshot and everyone exploded into gore, instantly triggering the next cutscene of that girl scurrying backwards through a pile of viscera as a dude vomits in the background and the innkeeper cowers in the corner

That was amazing and should the canon way to play that scene hahaha

Been doing quests around the area you start in when you gain access to no man's land, and there are almost no merchants? I keep having to go back to white orchard simply because I can't find a blacksmith to sell my loot too.

There is a blacksmith in the Baron's compound. Blackbough houses a swordsmith.

Seanspeed

Banned
First day was not impressed; second day I'm hooked. Any help with
ladies in the woods werewolf? Its health recovers way too fast. I'm level 6.
Use something like a thunderbolt potion to increase damage and learn its attacks so you can stay up close, whacking away while avoiding its swipes and bites. Dodge, dont roll. Also, you can smack a huge chunk of its health down while its doing the 'charge' thing before it starts gaining health back.

Its not easy, but it can be done. Beat him at level 4 on 2nd hardest difficulty, though it took me like 10 tries.

Obviously take out all the regular wolves first, too.

nbraun80

Use something like a thunderbolt potion to increase damage and learn its attacks so you can stay up close, whacking away while avoiding its swipes and bites. Dodge, dont roll. Also, you can smack a huge chunk of its health down while its doing the 'charge' thing before it starts gaining health back.

Its not easy, but it can be done. Beat him at level 4 on 2nd hardest difficulty, though it took me like 10 tries.

Obviously take out all the regular wolves first, too.

wait is he talking about the lady in the woods mission where you fight one as ciri helping that little girl, or the other one up north for another mission as geralt?

The witcher contracts so far are great fun, except for the
white lady
she is next to impossible.

Use Yrden and specter oil. Only attack her when she is in the Yrden circle and when her three mirrages spawn kill them asap. Didn't have too much trouble with her.

Does anyone know if there is an easy way to remove the HUD on PC? This game is screenshot heaven.

You can quickly take a HUD free screenshot if you go back from the main menu (escape) to the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom