• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else also get a glitch that gets rid of your auto saves? I've had to reset my Xbox 3 times now and continue playing from my last physical save :/

sam777

I got the pass off the shady merchant to enter Novigrad but the game doesn't seem to register that I have bought it off him, so I can't progress through to Novigrad is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Tacitus_

does anyone know what armour this is?

Armour from the 2013 build that likely doesn't exist in that form anymore. It's probably the starter armor.

Probably Cidarian Cavalry armor
hbw3svc.jpg

5u47x1n.jpg

so i chose the "i saved triss" option when asked, does that mean she wouldnt appear in the game if i hadnt ?

No, she gets saved whether you do it yourself or not in W2.

Soi-Fong

I got the pass off the shady merchant to enter Novigrad but the game doesn't seem to register that I have bought it off him, so I can't progress through to Novigrad is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

You could have just done a pretty easy quest for the pass..

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Regarding Griffin gear:

The blacksmith I have been going to in Velen is too low of a level to craft the griffin silver sword for me. I haven't yet traveled to Novigrad. Is there someone there who can craft it? I've got all the mats and I am far enough along to where I have some quest leads in Novigrad.
Oxfort has a good blacksmith. Make sure you find the blacksmith and not an armorer.

ebevan91

so i chose the "i saved triss" option when asked, does that mean she wouldnt appear in the game if i hadnt ?

I chose went with Roche to save Anais or whatever it was. Triss is still in. At the end of TW2, if you went to save Anais/Saskia, Triss is found safe with Letho.

Is there a fast way to drink your potions/use oils from your inventory? Constantly de- and equipping them for specific enemy types is such a pain, especially without a decent inventory manager.

some of these quests don't work that well on death march. i was trying to do the
entry pass quest
protect this guy etc. but the ghouls kept coming and my damage was miserable. you know what happened. now i need to find another way, lol.

also getting distracted by the card game. i challenge everyone right away. the balance is much better naturally. got a few supercards early, or at least i think they're good this far in.

foxtrot3d

Banned
I guess I'll ask again, is their a downside for being overlevelled mean to the point where a quest is grey? I suddenly got overlevelled later in the game and decided that it must mean that it was time to continue doing the main quest instead of doing more side quests. But, I don't know if that is what the game wants. I'm afraid I'm playing the game wrong when I ignore all the side content to do a main mission because I'm like 4 or so levels above the suggested level.

M.W.

Not all the notes on the notice boards are quests are they? Only the ones with the little insignia are, correct?

Dominator

Anybody else get stuck on the Dirty Funds treasure hunt quest? Thing still doesn't work for me. Every few missions I do I go back to it and I just still can't progress passed the "read what you've found" even though I've read everything.

Afrodium

Banned
I actually have to gather 1000 coins to get to a certain place.

Go to some of those question marks on the map. I had ignored them until yesterday when I noticed that they're the best way to get sweet loot. You should find a number of swords that will sell for 200-400 gold, so just equip the best thing you find and sell the rest.

Raptor

has anyone see the blood spray after a chopped of limb or head like in the demo they played before it was released?

I havent seen that :(

I guess I'll ask again, is their a downside for being overlevelled mean to the point where a quest is grey? I suddenly got overlevelled later in the game and decided that it must mean that it was time to continue doing the main quest instead of doing more side quests. But, I don't know if that is what the game wants. I'm afraid I'm playing the game wrong when I ignore all the side content to do a main mission because I'm like 4 or so levels above the suggested level.

It just means the combat in the quest will be really easy. There's nothing really worth worrying over with this.

Where is the Wild at Heart boss located? Left long ago because I was underleveled and it's gone from my map now

Edit: The marker that is, somewhere in the Blackbough forest :/

Afrodium

Banned
Does that quest with the guy who challenges you to a duel over Maid Millberry go on as long as you want it to?
I wanted to keep him alive to see how long it could go and because I didn't think he deserved death for being foolish, but he challenged me in Novigrad with two friends and Geralt brutally decapitated him at the end of the battle.
I guess that quest is over for me.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Does that quest with the guy who challenges you to a duel over Maid Millberry go on as long as you want it to?
I wanted to keep him alive to see how long it could go and because I didn't think he deserved death for being foolish, but he challenged me in Novigrad with two friends and Geralt brutally decapitated him at the end of the battle.
I guess that quest is over for me.

I
Axii'd him at that point and him and his two friends went away, haven't encountered him since althought I don't know if he's gone for good.

Philtastic

So have people figured out yet how not to button mash during fighting? I have no clue how to predict Gerald's moveset. At least I think I don't have a clue. Sometimes he spins. Sometimes he thrusts. As a consequence, I button mash my way through fights.

In The Witcher, you'll get punished for button mashing. You have to use a mix of swordplay,magic,parrying,stepping aside and rolling over. If you dont do that you'll get hurt real bad. I assume you haven't played the first two games right?

I played the 2nd one. I use magic and as soon as my Quen is out I retreat to get a new one. But, and I guess so it goes after playing a lot of Bloodborne, there seems to be less control over how you swing, and how to time your attacks.

The way he swings seems mostly based on how far away from the opponent you are. If you're ~2+ metres away, he spins while leaping forward. If you're 1 metre away, he does a step and spin. If you're right in their face, he does a quick swing that can repeat very quickly. You'll almost always be alternating between the quick slash and the step & spin because your first hit will knock them back, thus he needs to close distance again. It's usually not worth trying to chain above 3 attacks since they briefly become immune to sword knockback so, unless you combo in a sign after those first 2-3 attacks to stagger them again, you're probably going to get hit by a counter-attack. If you don't have the stamina for a sign, I recommend doing 3 hits, dodging twice (or rolling) to maneuver behind them which also uses up most their knockback immune time while dodging their counter, then striking again. Of course, you generally won't be doing more than 2-3 strikes anyway because you'll be fighting multiple opponents who won't let you attack with impunity.

Edit: The thrust, I think, is mostly when you attack behind you from a distance so he rolls and thrusts for reach. Not entirely sure if he ever does the thrust for other directions.

Anyone seen their Witcher 2 choices have a big influence on story/quests? Simulated my choices using a guide and then watched a 6hr Witcher 2 video on Youtube where the uploader matched my choices. After sitting through that instead of playing the game I hope so lol

So how are you guys playing the game? I was doing the main quest around Velen and any side stuff I happened to run into, but when I tried to go to some question marks a lot of them were just way too high level for me. Notice boards are the best place to start side quests right?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
How this game has this much content, and this many quests, is just unbelievable. I'm floored. What the fuck CDPR.

foxtrot3d

Banned
It just means the combat in the quest will be really easy. There's nothing really worth worrying over with this.

So XP isn't any less for doing a quest when you are seriously overleveled? In any event, it seems I'm approaching end game wish I knew I didn't have to worry about this before I started back on this final part of the main quest.

Vidpixel

Sorry if it's been mentioned already, but here's a nice tip that I just recently figured out: swiping up on the touchpad brings up your map immediately. Saves yourself a two-step process of clicking it in and going in the menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom