• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acinixys

Does that get rid of the quest markers on the mini map, too? I want the mini map for spacial awareness reasons, but don't need anything but roads and lootable bodies to show up. I want to be able to look at quest areas on the world map, not have the mini map point to them.

I tried playing without the mini map and active Quest marker but the UI is just too bad to constantly have to open all the time.

I have POIs off, and when you get REALLY close to a POI it will alert you in game

So you wont miss them, but you also wont have 1000000 ?s shitting up your map

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Does that get rid of the quest markers on the mini map, too? I want the mini map for spacial awareness reasons, but don't need anything but roads and lootable bodies to show up. I want to be able to look at quest areas on the world map, not have the mini map point to them.

I tried playing without the mini map and active Quest marker but the UI is just too bad to constantly have to open all the time.

No, those are still there. Don't think there's any way to have something enabled on the full map but disabled on the minimap, unfortunately. The option for POIs says that's it's for the minimap, but turning them off turns them off for the full map as well.

Majukun

I have no problems with the question marks since they appear either on sight or through mission requests and other lore stuff. sure I might read all of that and figure out myself where everything is.. but given the sheer number of POI, really don't feel like doing it.. and stumbling by accident on something you should already knew was there subtract importance from documents and books

RoadHazard

Gold Member
While I agree from a gameplay standpoint, it would not fit into the Witcher lifestyle narrative if Gerald could store his stuff in every Inn. Since humans hate "freaks" I guess his stuff would be stolen all the time, or Innkeepers would refuse to offer that service to him.

You could store items with innkeepers in TW2, so why not here. In this particular matter I really don't care whether it makes total sense, it's just a drag not to have anywhere to store all the books and crap you don't want clogging up your inventory but also don't want to throw away. (Although I just read that this wasn't originally in TW2, but was patched in later, so hopefully they'll do the same here).

I have no problems with the question marks since they appear either on sight or through mission requests and other lore stuff. sure I might read all of that and figure out myself where everything is.. but given the sheer number of POI, really don't feel like doing it.. and stumbling by accident on something you should already knew was there subtract importance from documents and books

Not really true. By just checking a notice board the surrounding area gets plastered with question marks, only a few of which have anything to do with anything written in any of the notices.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Would love it if CDPR added a colour and contrast setting in with the gamma option. I've been playing on my ASUS monitor which I've calibrated but for Witcher 3 I'm playing the same settings but I reduced the color setting by -20 and it looks so much better.

Seanspeed

Banned
Would love it if CDPR added a colour and contrast setting in with the gamma option. I've been playing on my ASUS monitor which I've calibrated but for Witcher 3 I'm playing the same settings but I reduced the color setting by -20 and it looks so much better.
I would think using Reshade could accomplish the same thing while being much more convenient.

wow
just finished Family Matters Quest
what a great quest all the branching path.
this is what I wanted Dragon Age to be. More personal. no Messiah must save the world.

You could store items with innkeepers in TW2, so why not here. In this particular matter I really don't care whether it makes total sense, it's just a drag not to have anywhere to store all the books and crap you don't want clogging up your inventory but also don't want to throw away. (Although I just read that this wasn't originally in TW2, but was patched in later, so hopefully they'll do the same here).

Ah ok, it's my first Witcher game so I had no idea. I would kinda welcome that too. I'm at lv10 and have a body armor that's nice af but locked for lv 16. I'm always tempted to sell it, since it will take up real estate in my (small) inventory for a long time.

Drazgul

I have POIs off, and when you get REALLY close to a POI it will alert you in game

I would've preferred something inbetween these two options; like ?'s popping from a further distance away, or maybe some indication that the area you're in still has undiscovered PoIs. As is, I turned it off initially but then I knew I would've just worried all the time about missing something and had to turn it back on.

Yeah, turns out I've had it turned off since the day I got the game. It's how I preferred playing Skyrim, too, just have the compass off.

Shame I can't turn off those quest arrows, though. If the game were a bit more clear about its objectives I might just disable all active quests, but unfortunately that's not the case.

Majukun

A Wraith is just a ghostly type creature right? Didn't get how why the Wild Hunt were described as Wraiths aswell as Elfs
It's explained in the ending of the witcher 2

thry are seen as ghost by the folks, but in reality they are trans-dimensional elves... if I remember some of them are just projection of the real elf while some aren't

well. might be wrong, I'm no expert of witcher lore and going by memory

Hoo-doo

Banned
Family Matters. God. Now these are everything quests should be.

The voiceacting and writing is so good. The dialogue with the baron after you visited the pellar, got me shook in a way a videogame rarely does. You've outdone yourselves, CDPR.

JimPanzer

How far I'm in the main story in percent? Don't want to experience again what happened with DA:I, where I thought I would be far away from the ending when I did the last quest.

I'm currently looking for Dandelion and just got the vault key from Mengle. Have been to Skellige for a very short time and only mit Yen there before going back.

anyone?

Haha, dat Pulp Fiction reference in the Bloody Baron's Keep....

Ua48yqUY0x5uM.gif

It's explained in the ending of the witcher 2

thry are seen as ghost by the folks, but in reality they are trans-dimensional elves... if I remember some of them are just projection of the real elf while some aren't

well. might be wrong, I'm no expert of witcher lore and going by memory

Yeah I remember hearing something like that in the Witcher 2 videos I watched. Guess it'll be cleared up hear

Family Matters. God. Now these are everything quests should be.

The voiceacting and writing is so good. The dialogue with the baron after you visited the pellar, got me shook in a way a videogame rarely does. You've outdone yourselves, CDPR.

its like I was watching a tv drama, and it helped because I did Crone mission before doing family matters so I just got suck in with the story

This is a bar for RPG missions

Beepos

Speaking of POIs question marks, if they are turned on do I see them all on the map or are there ones that still need to be triggered to appear? I have just done all of them that showed up randomly in White Orchid, so I take it I don't need to explore the more open areas to get more?

Are the Viper School Witcher swords upgradeable? I'm thinking about dismantling them now that I've found way better gear, but I just know that the moment after I do it I'll stumble across the diagrams for Enhanced Viper School swords :p

Just found the full set of Cat School gear, anyway, so I suppose it doesn't matter that much. Now I just need another four levels before I can get out of this ridiculous Bounty Hunter's Gambeson and into some proper Witcher clothes.

Just landed in
Skellige
absolutely breathtaking. The landscape, music, weather all amazing. Haven't been wowed by a game in a good minute but The Witcher 3 has done just that for me.

Majukun

Speaking of POIs question marks, if they are turned on do I see them all on the map or are there ones that still need to be triggered to appear? I have just done all of them that showed up randomly in White Orchid, so I take it I don't need to explore the more open areas to get more?
You don't se all of them, that much I'm sure.. how they appear though I'm not, I was positive that they all appear through mission requests and lore stuff, but another user said they don't.. but I'm still finding new stuff not signals with the question mark

Alpende

Yesterday I came across some dude that wanted to kill 100 men to win over some sort of lady. And of course the first guy he challenges was Geralt. He confidently says: after you I got 99 left! That guy had no idea. I didn't kill the guy though.

aku:jiki

Who is doing everything vs just some side/only main things? I'm doing most stuff so far but I've been skipping treasure hunts.
I'm not just doing them, I'm focusing on side questing and hitting every marker (and the areas inbetween, since there are tons of spots that have loot or little events but don't get a question mark). Main quest be damned, I only do it when I feel I have to. Like if I'm level 10 I might as well go do this level 7 main quest bit.

While I agree from a gameplay standpoint, it would not fit into the Witcher lifestyle narrative if Gerald could store his stuff in every Inn. Since humans hate "freaks" I guess his stuff would be stolen all the time, or Innkeepers would refuse to offer that service to him.
I'm not talking about a storage chest, I'm talking about what I said in the post...

I know it doesn't make sense but neither does dropping the hunt for your surrogate daughter to get down with some collectable card gaming.

semprfi17

I believe I'm am going to take part int killing radovid with Dijkstra . He is a straight up cockon a side not have

I like being able to attack quest way out of my league as far as levels and gear goes even if it takes multiple tries makes me think of other strategies other than over powering the enemies by hit and evade tactics or keeping them in groups of allies to wither their health down.

Vorheez

What a sensational game; everything Dragon Age should have been. I just met the three witches and it has been a long time since I've been floored by character designs like that. Brilliant and original.

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs
About 20 hours in I decided to focus purely on the Main Quest. It took me an additional 28 hours to finish it.
At the end of the story I had 144 ? locations on the map to visit, 34 Side Quests active and tons of notice boards that I didn't even use.

This game is amazing, certainly one of the best games ever made.
I've started a new save on the hardest difficulty and I'll take my time and do everything this time.

Prine

Banned
There is no way in hell that I'll be able to go back and finish DA:I after playing this game.
Ive already wiped it from my HDD. Its a piece of shit that was only played because there was nothing else .

Witcher 3 will more than satisfy that need for a long while.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Ive already wiped it from my HDD. Its a piece of shit that was only played because there was nothing else .

Witcher 3 will more than satisfy that need for a long while.

CDPR could learn a thing or two from Bioware about responsive controls though.

Forkball

Where is the bank in Novigrad? I have so many Florens...

Also what are people doing with their books and letters? I don't want to get rid of them, but it's annoying to scroll through ten rows of books to change my bombs.

And is it just me, or is Jenny O' the Woods and The White Lady the exact same quest? It's like two different developers made their own quest, it turned out to be extremely similar, and they just thought "eh, let's just put them both in."

Zakalwe

Banned
Will I lose anything by jumping right in with Witcher 3 even if I haven't played 1 or 2?

Yes of course, you'll lose the chance to build up the backstory and develop your first hand experience of the world over time.

There are lots of little references to the first two games, and some of the characters won't mean as much to you without experiencing their previous adventures, but the game does a very good job of introducing the world to new players and pulling them into the history of the place.

I wouldn't worry if you can't play the first two, but I would recommend you do.

Khezu

Really quick question, if I vendor something, will the vendor keep it forever?

I want to get rid off all the books and notes in my inventory, but I don't want to lose them forever. Just in case I guess.

I love how player choices are represented in the game. They don't seem to give any indication of the ramifications of your choice, so I am having to decide purely on what feels right with me, opposed to just selecting options based on what missions they open up.

I didn't bow to the emperor, fuck that guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom