• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
The
finding Dandelion
quest gave me 2 levels on its own. Level 17 now and I still haven't hit Skellige

Stop. Spoiling. Important. Character. Events. In. This. Thread. Dammit.

(Yeah, it's no shocking revelation, but I don't want to know about such quests before I get there. Please.)

UberLevi

MLWB7nx.jpg

Zr1vofq.jpg

Ran into an amusing glitch that caused Geralt's head to float separate from his body, while he moved around in T-pose.

It eventually fixed itself after a minute.

(Yeah, it's no shocking revelation, but I don't want to know about such quests before I get there. Please.)

Fair enough. Didn't make any mention of specifics or whether or not there was a positive or negative outcome. It's like saying there's a
Zoltan
quest, it's freaking
Zoltan

guys, be careful. you can literally read a 2 words thing and it spoils a huge fucking part of the game and probably what I cared most

beyond pissed. gonna hit the bed and dream that I kill this random reddit guy.

Thanks SalshaShark, I'll make sure to be careful when reading about The Witcher 3.

Daverid

I expect I will have similar reaction, being the witcher fan of 16 years that I am.
Good to see it did not disappoint. Of course, with my playstyle, I will see the end in months, probably. And that's with the next 14 days being work-free :)

Yea I generally hold 2 playstyles. Rush the main story, save all the side-content for another playthrough so it's all fresh. Or do eeeeverything on the first go.
I was intending the latter (Which I assume many people, like yourself, are doing), but the damn story was so gripping, and being a Witcher game I knew I was going to replay this bad boy, so I took the former route.

Yea if you're enjoying it right now, have no fear, it will not disappoint at the end. If you've been a fan that long, you'll probably be bawling your eyes out, no matter whether it's a good or bad end. I assume I got some kind of "good end", there might be worse out there that are depressing, but hopefully even if you were to get that one, it'd still be satisfying.

Does anyone else keep pressing START to go to the main menu (and instead end up on the map/quests menu) and vice versa with SELECT/BACK?

I'm playing on PC with a 360 controller, so perhaps it's different on consoles, but this is driving me crazy. I expect the BACK button to open the map/quests menu and the START button to take me to the main menu where I can save, load, quit the game, etc., but it's the other way around.

UberLevi

Does anyone else keep pressing START to go to the main menu (and instead end up on the map/quests menu) and vice versa with SELECT/BACK?

I'm playing on PC with a 360 controller, so perhaps it's different on consoles, but this is driving me crazy. I expect the BACK button to open the map/quests menu and the START button to take me to the main menu where I can save, load, quit the game, etc., but it's the other way around.

Yep. Been playing for days and still haven't adjusted to it.

-Deimos

I remember reading that doing higher-level quests gives you bonus exp and doing quests that are below your level give you less. Anyone know if that's true?

OmegaDL50

We even have a spoilers thread for this sort of thing, too. The fact it's grossly under used is disappointing.

Lakitu

st5fu
Do CDPR plan to fix the awful loading times in the next patch or any future patch?

They're monstrous (on PS4).

Althoug I do understand, not everything can be perfect with such an ambitious game.

Yep. Been playing for days and still haven't adjusted to it.

You might want to use this then. Switch escape with menu.
Full key rebind mod (keyboard/gamepad).
I personally use it to switch parry/counter from LT to LS, and sign from RT to RS.

Which armor is that?

I believe it's the Griffin armor.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Fair enough. Didn't make any mention of specifics or whether or not there was a positive or negative outcome. It's like saying there's a
Zoltan
quest, it's freaking
Zoltan

Yeah, obviously there would be some quest involving that character. But I felt that you were a bit too specific. No huge deal, just something I don't want to see in this thread.

One more question.

I don't mind the nudity and all. But how often does it pop up in the main story or side quest where you cant see it coming (ie, you initiate by dialogue)

Basically my mother in law is over for the next 2 weeks and it would be extremely awkward if she walked into the living room (or was sitting there) so see some CGI nudity or sex.

If I knew it was coming I could just remote play those parts, if the wife and mother in law are still up and about.

One more question.

I don't mind the nudity and all. But how often does it pop up in the main story or side quest where you cant see it coming (ie, you initiate by dialogue)

Basically my mother in law is over for the next 2 weeks and it would be extremely awkward if she walked into the living room (or was sitting there) so see some CGI nudity or sex.

If I knew it was coming I could just remote play those parts, if the wife and mother in law are still up and about.
There's not a whole lot unless you initiate it. But still more than your average game imho.

One more question.

You can definitely see it coming (except the first scene in the tutorial). < please do tell me if this needs a spoiler tag.
I've only come across only one nude scene so far, and I saw it coming. I can even choose to get the scene or not. You can also skip the scene anyway.

Seanspeed

Banned
Anyone playing with the entire right half of the HUD disabled? (Map, active quest and commands).

Feels so fresh to explore and search for things all at once. The world feels greater that way.

Maybe I'm a little OCD about those things but I hate to follow markers or being too focused on what the game told me to do.
I have pretty much everything turned off except the health HUD, potion/items, breath meter and enemy health bars. And then points of interest off on the map, too.

Yes, it makes a massive difference to the sense of exploration.

Though I would like to have the buff display and weapon deg warning on, but they don't ever go away like the health/potion HUD, so it's frustrating for when I want to take screenshots.

Every time I sit down to play this game for a few minutes I'm there for hours and hours

I'm something like 12h in and still fooling around in White Orchard. This game is seriously something else and playing it on BBB is forcing me to get gud and develop strategies against certain enemies. Although I kind of wish I hadn't read about that health bar pulse thing...

SinSilla

With those controls?.
Yeah, this game is so incredible in so many aspects that they outweigh the few minor gripes one could possibly have imo. Everything else is just so amazing that I forgive the game for any flaw I encounter. I really believe that in general this is the best game that has ever been released.

I cleared that place and the populace returned but they disappear, pop into existence, or magically switch places with one another when I pass by. Place is bugged for sure

You can definitely see it coming (except the first scene in the tutorial). < please do tell me if this needs a spoiler tag.
I've only come across only one nude scene so far, and I saw it coming. I can even choose to get the scene or not. You can also skip the scene anyway.

ok good. Because if I knows it coming I can just start skipping. Its when its out of the blue.

Remote play on the vita works fine for all the story heavy sequences, its just combat that would be pretty bad trying to use the touch buttoms on the back to parry and use signs.

When is the 2nd sex scene? I just finished the prologue.

nbraun80

Same for me, what bugs me though that i dont see anything nearby where people could actually "move in". It's just the shrine and wilderness?

Other than that i still cant access the inventory of Roach, i guess im fucked.

inventory of roach? you know when you add saddle bags it just adds to the amount of weight you can carry and not actually any more slots.

OmegaDL50

2CYpmUX.png

jjzLLUE.png

R6nkxPc.png

Vivek's SweetFX config on my PC.

I got a i5 3570k, 8GB, and HD7950, which is a far worse PC then what Viveks has (I recall he said he has has SLI Titan X's)

So being able to get this work on Ultra @ at a locked 30 FPS with only Shadows and Foliage on High. I'm amazed.

I may have to tone down HBAO to SSAO because I started to hear my GPU fan. (Prior to using this SweetFX setup my PC / GPU was pretty much quiet)

nbraun80

ok good. Because if I knows it coming I can just start skipping. Its when its out of the blue.

Remote play on the vita works fine for all the story heavy sequences, its just combat that would be pretty bad trying to use the touch buttoms on the back to parry and use signs.

When is the 2nd sex scene? I just finished the prologue.

mild spoilers incoming about second nude person and sex scene
You'll meet a blonde witch(kiera), basically when you go into her house to look for her, you'll catch her in the tub, and see some boob action. other than that you can do some more missions for her and a sex scene could ensue if you so chose to.

SinSilla

inventory of roach? you know when you add saddle bags it just adds to the amount of weight you can carry and not actually any more slots.

My Problem is that i can't access the slots for trophy, saddle bag etc anymore. They show no items equipped and i cant assign new ones.

But Roach still has the trophy and saddle bag in game...

Oh, and would someone be so Kind to link the latest preset from vivitek please?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
In Wolf's Clothing was a bit shit:
the quest's presentation was confusing and seemed to come with assumed knowledge I didn't have, specifically that feeding the wolf his own flesh would remove the curse but kill him. What? He'd already made it clear that he'd chewed on his own flesh, and it turned to ash. I fed him rotting meet willingly, and it turned to ash. But feeding him himself willingly removes the curse, but kills him?
One of those times where I feel I missed something specific because it just didn't make any sense to me.

Hoo-doo

Banned
One thing I don't understand is why did they give the controls this immense delay/weight. The game is amazing, and when I am crawling through tombs and exploring the world I usually just walk slow and take it all in, exploring every nook and cranny.

But jesus christ, this game sadly has the swimmiest controls of any game i've ever played. You simply don't have direct control over Geralt, it feels like you are guiding and pushing a marionette into the direction you want. I don't understand why they did this.
It's not supposed to be a fucking chore to get on your horse, but I keep running past roach and losing the prompt.
It happens with everything, everywhere. Positioning Geralt in a way to loot objects has you rotating the stick like mad and when geralt is stationary, he often simply does not react to inputs or just sloggishly hurls forward and bumps into shit.

It's bothering me to no end. Why, why do you design your game with controls like that. Why does geralt's animation have this massive priority over actual response to inputs? God, I hope they patch this, but I don't think they will. I just want direct control.

Vivek's SweetFX config on my PC.

I got a i5 3570k, 8GB, and HD7950, which is a far worse PC then what Viveks has (I recall he said he has has SLI Titan X's)

So being able to get this work on Ultra @ at a locked 30 FPS with only Shadows and Foliage on High. I'm amazed.

I may have to tone down HBAO to SSAO because I started to hear my GPU fan. (Prior to using this SweetFX setup my PC / GPU was pretty much quiet)

I personally set the monochrome color saturation a bit higher than that so the foliage become a bit more green.
The default is 0.70, and I changed it to 0.90.

Can you use this program to map the Xbox button on a Xbox one controller? Would be useful.

I'm afraid not.
Can't find it on the config.

dreamlock

The hero Los Santos deserves
I've been busy irl for a while and kinda "missed" the launch-hype, discussion etc, but I loved the previous games in the series.

Only began playing this weekend, and I can safely say that this game is one of the best I've ever played.

The atmosphere, lore, creatures, people, combat..I mean wow. Getting a serious GoT-esque vibe as well.

I'm like 16 hours in and only level 9 due to constantly finding new things to do and explore. It's amazing.

I intended to try to be neutral most of the time and not engage unless there's very good reason to, which leads me to my favourite moment thus far:

After I avoided a fight with the bandits that came into the Mulbrydale Inn, I overheard them talking of a recent rape of a young lad/lass. So being the neutral witcher that I am, I walked up to the guy that said he did it, and stabbed him in the back. Proceeded to kill the rest of the bandits and then left the town.

I was kinda disappointed that none of the villagers thanked me, considering how they were being treated like shit and I thought that would be it. Until I got to Crow's Perch and hear people talking about me butchering the Baron's men. I even had to find an alternate route to get inside as a result. So. Freaking. Awesome.

Man, what a game. Dragon Age got nothing on this and I considered that to be a very good game too, but it got a bit repetitive in the end. Witcher 3 thus far hasn't had me bored for a single second.

Although, I was slightly annoyed at becoming overburdened all the time so I got that mod that increased it permanently. It's much better despite being less realistic as I felt that I had to pause my adventuring too often to go to a merchant all the time. Oh, and I highly recommend that you try to avoid fast travel unless you absolutely feel that you have to.

Pooya

ok, I'm confused a bit about Henrik's quest and Keira.

Weren't both about an encounter Ciri had with a witch? NowI have done Keira quest long ago and got the quest to go to the witches, but now I'm following on Henrik's hint which is supposed to lead to the same witch???

Do these conflict or is it something else? I'm already doing the Downwarren quest.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
There is no way in hell that I'll be able to go back and finish DA:I after playing this game.

Yeeeeah, thinking the same. I enjoyed what I played of DA:I (didn't get super far, so I guess I never got fed up with it like many others seem to have), but since then I've played first Bloodborne and now this. Combat, quest design, story... yeah, DA is gonna have a hard time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom