• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acinixys

CDPR could learn a thing or two from Bioware about responsive controls though.

I actually like the controls

It can be a tiny bit annoying trying to loot stuff, but I just hit the walk key and then you can easily amble up to stuff instead of running in at 100MPH

Chariot

I just wish they would've taken that gimmick out were you can light and extinguish torches and candles or at least give it a seperate button. It's a tad bit annyoing when they're close to something else you want to use.

Majukun

I love how player choices are represented in the game. They don't seem to give any indication of the ramifications of your choice, so I am having to decide purely on what feels right with me, opposed to just selecting options based on what missions they open up.

I didn't bow to the emperor, fuck that guy.

well..sometimes they are a little excessive in that

like when i had
to talk to keira trying to dissuade her from bring alexander's researches to the wrong hands..you are given two choices

-it's a suicide
-i can't let you do that

both might mean the same thing based on how you look at them,but one ends up in you killing keira,the other not killing her and still getting alexander's reaserches

since there is no real difference between the two statements,you are basically making a shot in the dark

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
I think I'm closing in on the end. Or right at it.
I'm at kaer morhen, about to slay some cold motherfuckers with a ton of friends
Should I expect some credits real soon, or do I have more to go through?

fuck irl, i wanna keep playing dangit

I think I'm closing in on the end. Or right at it.
I'm at kaer morhen, about to slay some cold motherfuckers with a ton of friends
Should I expect some credits real soon, or do I have more to go through?

fuck irl, i wanna keep playing dangit
Still got like another 1/3 left

aku:jiki

Really quick question, if I vendor something, will the vendor keep it forever?
Not reliably, no. Some things will stick around for quite a while, but some things aren't kept at all. I know I dump all my books on the same merchant but he only has about half of them in stock now and I've sold hundreds of random bandit sword to another guy, and he has some of them in stock but not all of them. The whole thing seems kinda random.

I wanted to keep my books and notes too but it just screws up the inventory way too much. I read everything and then sell it now.

Central Nilfgaardian Military Camp
Damn. That's one massive base of operations. The second I rode into it, I got stopped by one of the soldiers. Apparently, the girl (his lover) that I had tried to save back at White Orchard using a witcher's potion had fallen into some kind of catatonic state. After all this time, some random soldier walks up to me and doesn't know whether to thank or curse me for what I did.. Damn, that's rough.

On another note, without any spoilers, I have read the first book and I went through some recaps of the first two games. But I am definitely not seeing the whole 'Nilfgaard is the absolute evil' theme going on. Perhaps from the North's point of view, but Radovid and the rest of the north are arguably just as bad. Sure, Nilfgaard are conquering left and right but at least there is some modicum of order to be found. Meanwhile, the entirety of the North has been disassembled, plenty of prejuidice to go around, Radovid isn't beyond witch hunting and all that. Yet, it seems Geralt (maybe due solely due to Emhyr?) absolutely favours the North. Personally, I would like it if the North's culture could be maintained, but getting rid of the immensely corrupt governance, wouldn't do anyone wrong.

Contract - missing patrol
Case in point. Apparently the quartermaster had issued a death squad to execute some POWs in the forest. I did confront the quartermaster with it, but I don't see why Geralt wouldn't want pay for the. He completed the contract, found the missing patrol and slayed the Wyvern. He did his Witcher duties, why would he go all moral on the Nilfgaardians while the North are probably doing things that are just as bad?

zkorejo

Can anyone without spoiling tell me what is the level requirements for the last main story quests?

I have visited Triss. How far am I in the main story?

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs
Can anyone without spoiling tell me what is the level requirements for the last main story quests?

I have visited Triss. How far am I in the main story?

The last story quest is level
. The main quest is really long!

Just came across a Fiend. 6 Levels higher than I, but some good Quen usage coupled with fire bombs took it down quick enough.

Shame I can't loot it. Its corpse started glitching and rolling down the mountain. No loot option available. :(

EDIT: Lol, I made my way back up the mountain and its corpse reappeared, coupled with loot.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I applied Cat in daylight by accident while fighting a Hybrid.

I died.

4ZEHUAE.gif

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
I applied Cat in daylight by accident while fighting a Hybrid.

I died.

4ZEHUAE.gif

I got caught in a horse race with the enhanced one on

i now always meditate the moment i leave a cave both in-game and irl

DrKelpo

Banned
did you guys encounter these
bandits at the bridge yet, who try to sell you this relic sword for 500 crowns? i wanted the thing obviously, but was not willing to spend half the money i had...so i killed them and just took it. tried to justify it by saying these were bandits, but i felt not good afterwards, moral-wise :D

Cat is the most useless potion in the whole game. I prefer using a torch when i'm inside a cave.

I find the torch annoying because Geralt puts it away for almost every action, especially in fights. While the cat visual effect is kinda funky, at least you aren't plunged into darkness whenever you cast a sign, or climb a ledge.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
for the viper one you can just go to the guy on the nilfgaardian camp in white orchard

Is that really the only one? I don't really feel like going back to WO, I've done everything there. Surely there must be someone in all of NML who can forge a proper sword? Don't tell me exactly where though.

Not reliably, no. Some things will stick around for quite a while, but some things aren't kept at all. I know I dump all my books on the same merchant but he only has about half of them in stock now and I've sold hundreds of random bandit sword to another guy, and he has some of them in stock but not all of them. The whole thing seems kinda random.

Makes sense in terms of realism though. Why would merchants only sell items to you in the entire world? I don't know if it's actually made that way on purpose, or if it's just a matter of the game not keeping track of every item forever (not that it really matters, as the end result is the same), but either way it adds to the world building IMO. You can't sell something to someone and expect him to hang on to it indefinitely, makes sense.

The issue is that there's nowhere to store stuff you don't want to carry with you but also don't want to sell.

Well, I was just told I have another 1/3 to go before I finish and I'm way beyond that quest. So, you got quite a ways to go.

That fills my heart with joy. The second open world RPG that I found good because of the quests, writing and characters.

Fallout: New Vegas was the first one.

I'm still four levels away from being able to wear it, but man the quest to get the base level Cat School Witcher gear was really cool.
It really plays up the hardboiled detective angle of the earlier Witcher books. You're on the trail of a Witcher from the Cat School who ingratiates himself with this band of travelers, and you visit all the places he's been and comb them for details, following clues in hastily-scrawled notes and journal entries you find on the corpses he's left in his wake. Eventually he runs afoul of an equally ruthless mage, who drugs him and imprisons him in his medieval mad scientist laboratory beneath the streets of Novigrad and performs eldritch experiments on him, delighted with the horrors that the Witcher's enhanced metabolism can withstand. When you finally get there, solving a Zelda puzzle and skirting a big ol' Golem sentry on your way, you find this ghastly creature that used to be a Witcher, and you throw down the way only two Witchers can.

God, this game. I'm closing in on thirty hours and I still feel like I've barely scratched the surface. The combat really clicked with me today, too, and I'm suddenly looking forward to all the combat-heavy quests I've been putting off. I even won my first few games of Gwent, though my deck is still rubbish and I can't beat any of the NPCs who give out the good cards.

I'm still four levels away from being able to wear it, but man the quest to get the base level Cat School Witcher gear was really cool.
It really plays up the hardboiled detective angle of the earlier Witcher books. You're on the trail of a Witcher from the Cat School who ingratiates himself with this band of travelers, and you visit all the places he's been and comb them for details, following clues in hastily-scrawled notes and journal entries you find on the corpses he's left in his wake. Eventually he runs afoul of an equally ruthless mage, who drugs him and imprisons him in his medieval mad scientist laboratory beneath the streets of Novigrad and performs eldritch experiments on him, delighted with the horrors that the Witcher's enhanced metabolism can withstand. When you finally get there, solving a Zelda puzzle and skirting a big ol' Golem sentry on your way, you find this ghastly creature that used to be a Witcher, and you throw down the way only two Witchers can.

God, this game. I'm closing in on thirty hours and I still feel like I've barely scratched the surface. The combat really clicked with me today, too, and I'm suddenly looking forward to all the combat-heavy quests I've been putting off. I even won my first few games of Gwent, though my deck is still rubbish and I can't beat any of the NPCs who give out the good cards.

Yeah, best treasure hunt quest so far.

Majukun

Is that really the only one? I don't really feel like going back to WO, I've done everything there. Surely there must be someone in all of NML who can forge a proper sword? Don't tell me exactly where though.

not really..the viper sword is a pretty low level weapon pretty much any blacksmith can forge

if you gonna go to the bst,go to oxenfurt and go to the souh east part of it,there's a blacksmith that can forge weapons up to expert level..don't know how it's called in english though..journeyman level?

DOWN

Banned
I gotta say, in W2 I just did the main quest because early on I found the side missions tedious, but in W3 I am loving both the main and secondary missions and hope BioWare throws the Inquisition structure in the trash

KorrZ

Cat is the most useless potion in the whole game. I prefer using a torch when i'm inside a cave.

I always hate when games distort the entire screen like that. Used Cat once and never again. It's good for when you need it that second of the dark cave but it lasts so long that you end up just missing beautiful art of the game because it's all washed out grey.

Newman96

That is interesting. Only quests though right? there aren't any new areas?. Still this game feels gigantic. It's not exaggeration to say that you probably need 100-200 hours to see everything.

I'm around the same point as you and thought I was at the end, awesome to see there's more to come!

Corpekata

Banned
I always hate when games distort the entire screen like that. Used Cat once and never again. It's good for when you need it that second of the dark cave but it lasts so long that you end up just missing beautiful art of the game because it's all washed out grey.

Then use the potion that clears it.

Auctopus

I'm on the quest in Skellige to help the
Lord's Son
, when I found his encampment
had been attacked
, I followed the footsteps and they've taken me through
woodland, ice caves and now on top of a mountain with some huge castle/tower.

And it's fucking secondary quest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom