• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

justjim89

So for ghost of the past
. Is there actually an heirloom chest or was the lady completely lying?

There is. Search the buildings you find a key for the big barn. Chest is in there under some writing on the wall. 100 gold.

What did y'all decide at the end of Wild at Heart?
As soon as the sis offered me money I knew she was involved in her sis's death. But I couldn't just let a werewolf rip a lady apart. So she lives, he died.

Salsa

since im not importing my witcher 2 save I wanna be a new Geralt that stays out of business and respects all religion but I can never get over the eternal fire's westboro baptist church vibe

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I just had to reload because I upgraded all my armor but I was a level away from being able to use it. So I was just standing in my boxers at the armor smith, lol.

Einbroch

Banned
Which hairstyles are you guys favouring? I love the long and loose look.

witcher-3-long-and-loose-300x300.jpg

Long and loose or give me death.

See, you could have unmarked the quest name so we have an inkling of what part of the game you're at so we know to whether to read or not.

Generic quest names are not spoilers, people
Can never be too careful on GAF. I've seen people flip over tiny spoilers so I thought it would be better to be safe than sorry.

But as to my question, did you?

So at one point in Velen i freed a barber who was in cage, and he was like "If you ever need a hair cut... come to XXXXX"

Where is this dude to be found?!

Bluenoser

Just found viper school diagrams but have no option at the dwarf to craft and can't find anything in my inventory. Is it just because the dwarf isn't good enough?

There are two diagrams - one for steel sword, and one for silver sword. If you only have 1 emerald dust, make sure to craft the one that benefits you most. And the dwarf is an armorer. You will have to find a blacksmith to get the weapons crafted. Try the outpost.

Tacitus_

As a general FYI, you can find a master level swordsmith in Novigrad who needs a bit of help to start working again (lvl 24 quest IIRC) and a master level armorer in the Crows Perch (Barons hold) who requires a similar level quest to start working for you.

found a man named Djenge Frett. He says he is the most famed hunter in the north. is this an ode to Jango Fett? Or am I looking to far into it haha

CSX

late-game boss battle spoilers question. Was there anyway that
Ciri could have killed all three crones or does always one escape?

Just found viper school diagrams but have no option at the dwarf to craft and can't find anything in my inventory. Is it just because the dwarf isn't good enough?

Viper school diagrams... of what. Swords or armor?
Because blacksmiths and armorers are different professions in the game. Dwarf does one of them, the guy in the Nilfgaardian camp is the other one.

As a general FYI, you can find a master level swordsmith in Novigrad who needs a bit of help to start working again (lvl 24 quest IIRC) and a master level armorer in the Crows Perch (Barons hold) who requires a similar level quest to start working for you.

Lol

I completed that quest at lvl 12

level1

found a man named Djenge Frett. He says he is the most famed hunter in the north. is this an ode to Jango Fett? Or am I looking to far into it haha
Hahah sure sounds like it. Found a white rabbit sitting outside a cave with dead bodies scattered all around it..still trying to figure out whether it was a monthy python reference or just a coincidence

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Any way over here or is this story related:

4A9AB5C1-76AB-40F0-9D45-C8773EF304A8_zpsuvt3gwvp.jpg

It's semi side mission related, the griffon armor plans are in there on the roof of the castle, not the tower.

I jumped across it, there is a little ledge to the right of the bridge, if you sprint and jump you can land on the ledge and then climb over the castle wall.

Once inside I figured out this was not the intended way to do it but I'm still pleased with my method.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Game is much more fun outside of Novigrad. Novigrad quests have been kind of boring and the city is too confining for exploration but too big to be able to quickly carry out business.

SDCowboy

Can someone tell me what level is needed to wear the Bear School armor? I'm trying to decide if I should start getting it yet or not.

Etnos

Banned
This game is fantastic, finally had some free time to sink last night (PC Version).

So far it seems like an epic open world experience

ENDING SPOILERS

Given that her fate has three outcomes i doubt it she would be the protagonist of a Witcher 4 unless CDPR canonize one of the endings.

I think that they don't need to
Ciri could end up on a quest either from:
1 - not being empress yet and having an adventure or to fight an impending crisis
2 - Returning from wherever she is in another world for the above
3 - Geralt has properly retired with [Love interest] and Ciri is a lone witcher to do the above(without the mutagens)

So can anyone who did NOT import a Witcher 2 save tell me if you found the (Witcher 2 super minor sidequest related):

Note about the potential ability to reverse a Witcher's sterility via the potion that the 2 guys in Flotsam gave you

near the university in Oxenfurt?

I was ecstatic to see a callback to that.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Game is much more fun outside of Novigrad. Novigrad quests have been kind of boring and the city is too confining for exploration but too big to be able to quickly carry out business.

Agreed, novigard isn't as satisfying to quest in as Vizima was in Witcher 1 and on top of that when you're out in the open fields out in front of novigrad the game just feels so free. I honestly would pay 10 dollars for a DLC that was just 100 new witcher contracts.

Spend hours investigating, preparing and hunting down all sorts of creatures.

Hasspro

Neo Member
I need help stuck in payback quest :

I can't the climb stables tried reloading from the checkpoint its still not working .

playing on PS4

epmode

So can anyone who did NOT import a Witcher 2 save tell me if you found the (Witcher 2 super minor sidequest related):

Note about the potential ability to reverse a Witcher's sterility via the potion that the 2 guys in Flotsam gave you

near the university in Oxenfurt?

I was ecstatic to see a callback to that.

I found that note but I forgot it was a thing from the second game. I forgot a lot, apparently!

I had a wyvern get stuck on the bridge of that castle, when I got inside the castle I casted aard and he fell onto the water and then he died of just one crossbow bolt, sadly the loot disappeared and when I reloaded the save to kill him again he just flew onto the horizon.

boskee

Agreed, novigard isn't as satisfying to quest in as Vizima was in Witcher 1 and on top of that when you're out in the open fields out in front of novigrad the game just feels so free. I honestly would pay 10 dollars for a DLC that was just 100 new witcher contracts.

Spend hours investigating, preparing and hunting down all sorts of creatures.

That would make sense given the huge number of decoctions you can brew but probably never use as it stands now.

Feeling accomplished. I beat a level 30 quest while I as level 19. It is the quest that involves the Tower that just randomly appeared and caused storms to manifest on the island.

jschreier

sure they're enemy markers? sometimes if a herb or point of interest is below your current elevation it will have a red down arrow by it which can look like an enemy marker.

*edit, what the other poster said as well, something it may just be an underground cave.
Huh, that's annoying!

Man, idk..the longer I play this game the more bored I get. It's funny how they ragged on fetch quests, I feel like a lot of these quests are just fetching things with extended background details. The one for fetching
the guys goat
stood out as exceptionally awful. I might just rush through the rest of the story and be done with it. This was easily my most anticipated game of the year and it definitely didn't live up to what I was expecting....maybe my own fault

In what way is it the lesser of the two evils?

I found a book that basically says
the tree spirit is the mother of the crones. She went insane and the crones inprisoned her so she wouldn't destroy all of Velen

But yeah, either choice is
completely FUBAR. Do you free the spirit so she kills the crones then goes on to kill everyone? Or kill the spirit and crones eat 6 kids?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom