• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

RK9039

Any way over here or is this story related:

4A9AB5C1-76AB-40F0-9D45-C8773EF304A8_zpsuvt3gwvp.jpg

Jump down and swim, there should be drowners nearby the underground entrance.

ran into a bug, one of the persons in distress things, I randomly ran into some bandits, killed them but now I cant talk to or open up a cage where this merchant is.

Having the same issue. Cleared out 2 of them but couldn't find a key. Probably will ignored them for now until we get a patch.

Salsa

regarding that lighthouse:

guys, this game is really open world

dont think ive hit an instance where I couldnt do something yet, at all

there's always a way around

Man, this Dandellion arc is boring me to fucking tears. What shit pacing. None of this is remotely interesting. I thought i was to get on a ship and visit new land. Nope. Been listening to boring conversations for 3 or 4 hours
That's fine. My problem is the constant indoor battles. The targeting sucks and the spaces are too cramped for Geralt's moves. I'm honestly starting to get pissed.

Anustart

Just found viper school diagrams but have no option at the dwarf to craft and can't find anything in my inventory. Is it just because the dwarf isn't good enough?

Salsa

man I know it's kinda hypocrite of me since I stated some stuff considered spoilery before but chill out about the quest details

this thread is fun, dont wanna avoid it

Dominator

Jump down and swim, there should be drowners nearby the underground entrance.

go into the water, there's an entrace

get used to doing that

Yeah i could not figure it out either.

Heads up: there is an enhanced seord diagram not too far from there. Stay traveling west and stick to the coast and uncover the random marks.

Yes!
There's a cave you can swim into... near the place of power, I think.

Bring your crossbow, lol

Its for a quest to get one of the Griffin swords. To get in you have to swim into a cavern

wow....and I just got there too

wondering the same
Thanks everyone appreciate it!

nbraun80

That's fine. My problem is the constant indoor battles. The targeting sucks and the spaces are too cramped for Geralt's move. I'm honestly starting to get pissed.

Lol yeah those do suck in a tight space with stuff around to get stuck on. I'm glad I got the alternate igni skin leveled up, I just roll away turn to them and turn on the flamethrower.

Skyzard

Banned
Who is playing with markers for undiscovered POI's turned off? It makes the game instantly 10x more enjoyable for me. Hunting icons on a map is too Ubi for my taste.

Definitely, otherwise I'm just setting routes at not really exploring.

I also turned off everything that stays on the HUD permanently and some other stuff. Health and quick-access items still show up automatically during combat/not full health anyway.

So good.

Only thing I'm worried about is a post that said you needed the mini-map for horse races to see what path isn't cheating, which is okay... I guess...I'll just turn it on for that. Hopefully no other issues. Perhaps in towns or in a large house I might turn it on if I'm having trouble getting around.

Minimap is useful but it's really annoying and detracts to have it there all the time. Would be nice to hotkey.

You guys know that huge ass tree?
well near the area there is an ogre or whatever it is protecting a chest]

in that chest is a great sword....I got it at lvl 7 and I still use it at lvl 13.

Is this considered spoilers?

Mrg8523-

I think this is the place that Angry Joe was talking about in his CDPR trip video.

Totally going to visit there now :p

Yes, I have the humor of a child

There were 3 farting trolls in the cave named Jesse, Joe and Dodger (Jesse Cox, Angry Joe and PressHeartToContinue). It's weird that the sounds started playing as I was originally falling.

Did you try rolling immediately after loading the game to possibly reduce the fall damage or mitigate it entirely.

No but after a few reloads the fall stopped killing me.

Apt101

I have nothing but the gear I'm wearing, repair kits, and crafting supplies + misc stuff. At 41/60 weight. I guess I should sell some stuff I have been hoarding in Novigrad. Could use the coin anyways.

sure they're enemy markers? sometimes if a herb or point of interest is below your current elevation it will have a red down arrow by it which can look like an enemy marker.

*edit, what the other poster said as well, something it may just be an underground cave.

That's exactly what it is. You can tell it's pointing you to herbs because when you get to their level those red triangle marks disappear

Somehow I've ended up with nearly 5,000 coin. I guess I should feel bad for slaughtering every farm animal and woodland creature I've come across for their pelt...

level1

Novigrad storyline question -
must have missed something, but why didn't ciri/dudu/dandelion actually return to whoreson jr with dijkstra's treasure after the heist? (prompting whoreson to kidnap dudu)..didn't menge only get his hands on the gold after they escaped from whoreson's estate and got caught on temple isle?

Robiin

Broke the 1 day playtime barrier today (I've been keeping a close eye on it, so I know it's more or less accurate), and I only just completed the quest where you're
down in the Elven ruins with Keira
. Have only seen the middle section of the map yet, and really only stripes of that. I've only quickly visited Oxenfurt, haven't even caught a glimpse of Novigrad. And then there's Skellige. Sooo much stuff to do!
In the exact same position. The last 10 hours of my playtime has just been exploring Velen and looking for the Griffin set. Haven't been to Novigrad yet, and the last main quest I did was with
Keira
in a cave with the
Wild Hunt
, and finding the Baron's
miscarried baby and burying her
. I'm afraid I'll never be able to complete this game, but that's actually fine. It looks like a summer with not many releases, so I'll play this for a long time. There's always something to do.

So, just found the
Griffin
diagrams. Anyone know where I can craft these swords? Need a higher level smith than I've seen yet!

Crumbtiny

You guys know that huge ass tree? well near the area there is an ogre or whatever it is protecting a chest

in that chest is a great sword....I got it at lvl 7 and I still use it at lvl 13.

Is this considered spoilers?

I remember seeing that tree in the distance. Can't recall where it is now though. Do you remember what general area the tree is in? Just hit level 7 :)

Any way over here or is this story related:

4A9AB5C1-76AB-40F0-9D45-C8773EF304A8_zpsuvt3gwvp.jpg

While the correct answer is the one people already put in spoiler tags, I actually got it jumping,
a bit to the right of the raised wooden plank of the moat. Geralt grasped the border of the wall with the hands and from there he climbed up.

ViciousDS

Banned
What's really blowing my mind and I can't stop staring at them is the hilts on the sword. The amount if detail and individuality of swords is just mind blowing and it gets me exciting for each new one. Right now mine is gold and has black inlays but its just so fucking beautiful to stare at. I truly don't know how any game this year can beat witcher 3 in GOTY. It truly has raised the bar in everything that's going to be released after it. Its like how every mmo is compared to WoW. Every open world game or RPG will most likely be compared to The Witcher 3.

I remember seeing that tree in the distance. Can't recall where it is now though. Do you remember what general area the tree is in? Just hit level 7 :)

maybe someone else can help

it was the only time I went out to explore the world. You have to run for your life when you get there. The thing is lvl 19

Kamina

Golden Boy
Just Killed The Lord of the Woods. I was heavily outlevelled (Red Skull) but found a good strategy, some random Scoia'teal also came to support.
What a glorious battle.
Playing on Blood and Broken Bones btw.

What was your strategy? Im going to tackle this one when I get home today.
Quen and Roll Evasion.
Never stand in front of him because of his root attack, and never go close to him when he teleports.
He often stops to roar which is when you can close in and stagger hit him 3-4 times with the heavy attack, then he'll teleport and you can do it over again. Quen will help you survive when he manages to hit you.

Squishy3

Which hairstyles are you guys favouring? I love the long and loose look.

witcher-3-long-and-loose-300x300.jpg
Stop making me feel bad that I haven't even been to a barber yet. I still haven't even been to Novigrad, I just did the first part of Ladies of the Wood last night!

Playing FFXIV and this at the same time might have something to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom