• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nordicus

With that light house I knew the entrance was underwater but couldn't for the life of me find it in that cave (it was on the side >.<) so I went back up and jumped at a slight angle to the right of the drawbridge and landed on a ledge and hopped over the wall there! Not the intended way but I love I can do that. It's a shame where there are places where the devs don't want you doing that and make invisible walls and stuff like around the mountainy place with the giant tree in the south of Velen (not the ancient oak).
I actually looked for an underwater entrance but couldn't find.

There's a low, broken wall to the right of the draw bridge with some rocks creating a small footing just beneath it. I ran and jumped to the rocks then climbed over the small wall.
Hah, so a lot of other people went in the same way I did. Good thing Geralt knows how to pull up ledges. Really fun way to get in.
Where can i find some place to repair in Velen? I just entered this zone. My steel sword been under 50% for god knows how long. Man, do i hate this "damaged weapon" crap. :( Hopefully there's a mod someday for that.
You know that big fortress in middle of Velen's map? Right west and east of it there are villages with smiths, Also the fort itself if you go in deep enough
killing spreeeeeee

If potion Toxicity is above 0, each opponent killed increases the chance for a critical hit by 50%

even a single point in it for a 10% boost is insane
Geralt the Drug Berserker is go!

-Deimos

They are around. They just don't stick to the automap like junk vendors do. For a while I was fast traveling across the continent to get my sword fixed, because I felt like I was just running around in circles. Probably came close to one many times.

It has to be a glitch, don't see why they'd do that on purpose.

Yeah I just noticed. I thought something was up because I could only see 1 on the map, but I could have sworn I was always running into blacksmiths when I was passing through villages. Definitely a glitch.

boskee

Wow, I just wandered into the
Nilfgaardian Camp, east Velen
and got an update on
Lena's (who you may give a Swallow potion in White Orchard)
health. Feels both good and bad. I love the fact that this game remembers even minor NPCs.

iNvid02

Wow, I just wandered into the
Nilfgaardian Camp, east Velen
and got an update on
Lena's (who you may give a Swallow potion in White Orchard)
health. Feels both good and bad. I love the fact that this game remembers even minor NPCs.

it shouldnt though because her mind couldnt handle the witcher potion and she is like a vegetable now :/

edit: ah you edited nvm, i was gonna say what kind of monster is your geralt lol

Playing with the POI ?s turned off, I feel that the levels for those are laid out rather well in the world. As I am doing other level appropriate main/side quests or witcher contracts, any POIs I come across are in a similar level range.

Started and completed the Carnal Sins "sidequest" (feels insulting to call it that). Best one in the game so far.

Arrived in Ard Skellig a bit later. Magnificent place. That music too...

GOTY indeed.

Also, 50 hours or so after leaving White Orchard, I got news about
Lena, the peasant girl that got wounded by the griffin
when I was wandering around the Central Army Camp.
This game's attention to detail is mind-blowing.

I can't believe how well-written this game is. The dialogue not only feels authentic, but the story arcs are pretty well-paced. The amount of side quests there are, and the fact that rarely do any of them feel pointless is a ridiculous achievement. This is one of the best RPGs I think I've ever played, and I'm like 30 hours in in less than a week. I never do that. I feel dirty just realizing it.

Yeah, and then you consider the fact that the production values for everything is really high as well. It's a very impressive achievement.

CDPR couldn't have had Rockstar kind of money for this game, but it looks like they did.

dedhead54

I finally crafted both of the Griffin swords and completed the full set of gear. I already have a better piece of chest armor and a better set of trousers so I will probably mix and match. Is there a major benefit to equipping all 6 Griffin items at the same time?

abundant

I actually looked for an underwater entrance but couldn't find.

There's a low, broken wall to the right of the draw bridge with some rocks creating a small footing just beneath it. I ran and jumped to the rocks then climbed over the small wall.

To my knowledge it isn't
story related.
. Some nice gear there though.

Actually, there is an underwater entrance, by the Place of Power. You are sent there during one of the treasure hunts for the Griffin Armor.

Dresden

Geralt the Drug Berserker is go!

alchemy entered true god mode at that point

that said the toxicity does ruin Geralt's face for cutscenes, lol. He looks like a KOTOR sith lord.

Playing with the POI ?s turned off, I feel that the levels for those are laid out rather well in the world. As I am doing other level appropriate main/side quests or witcher contracts, any POIs I come across are in a similar level range.

It's one of those things that should've been turned off by default. I wish it wasn't even in the game; the marked curiosities on map ruins exploration.

ironcreed

Banned
Hell yes. I was hoping that we would get to go back and explore this Kaer Morhen map and we most certainly can.

xHixr9V.gif

Enosh

jesus christ, got to the islands now, thought it would be 1/4th maybe 1/3rd the size of the previous one but nope, seems about as big, unless I just have a really bad perspective about the size of velen and novigrad

and the music that plays there is amazing too

start of the whole thing spoilers
I guess Geralt knows all the guys and girls there from the books right? since they all act like old friends, didn't play witcher 1, but the recap I watched about it never had him going to the islands so must be book stuff

Ushay

Oh boy, this game is kicking my arse in Death March.

Tried to beat a Water Hag defending some treasure. She trolled me hard.

Lingitiz

jesus christ, got to the islands now, thought it would be 1/4th maybe 1/3rd the size of the previous one but nope, seems about as big

start of the whole thing spoilers
I guess Geralt knows all the guys and girls there from the books right? since they all act like old friends, didn't play witcher 1, but the recap I watched about it never had him going to the islands so must be book stuff

Yeah it's from the books. Witcher 1 is set almost exclusively in Vizima.

I finally crafted both of the Griffin swords and completed the full set of gear. I already have a better piece of chest armor and a better set of trousers so I will probably mix and match. Is there a major benefit to equipping all 6 Griffin items at the same time?

No.

I kept the boots and gauntlets only because of the looks, but it's very easy to find some with better stats. Same goes for the silver sword.

The trousers and armor are a must-have and make Witcher contracts a breeze though.

Playing on PS4, really wish the save generation guy was more extensive. Just talked to
Yen at Kaer Morhen
, as an example, and wish the
bed incident
was among the many decision included. Seriously the save conversation was criminally light. I don't think there were any Witcher 1 choices whatsoever. Would kill for a DA:I style web app that let me make all my choices again. Better yet, an import function.

taybul

Does anyone know if loot is randomly placed? I went back to White Orch to finish off some POIs and I found a usable item defended by enemies far below my level.

dedhead54

No.

I kept the boots and gauntlets only because of the looks, but it's very easy to find some with better stats. Same goes for the silver sword.

The trousers and armor are a must-have and make Witcher contracts a breeze though.

Thanks. I am currently using some assassin's trousers with better stats than my griffin pants. They look alright paired together, the pants are blue.

Jenny o the woods is destroying me :/

I'm only level 8 though, maybe I'll come back later...

I tried this as soon as I left White Orchard (mistake) and just came back to it now that I am level 10. I died a few times trying and failed to beat her. Will try again soon.

So how do you upgrade armor and it's possible to change the appearance through different level armor? I'm level 15 and I'm so confused lol

Oh okay awesome thanks

I love all the old locals you can recognize in this game. Kaer Morhen looks exactly as it did in TW1. I was annoyed in DA:I when, for example you went to Redcliffe and it looked nothing at all like Origins.

Arkanius

Guys, I'm on the fence on most of the Post-Processing effects.
What are the general consensus on them? Chromatic Aberration won't even get turned on in this side (horrible effect), but don't know about the rest... I usually like my image quality to be unfiltered, but I'm afraid of not seeing the game as the developers intended.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Well, after a week since release I've spent 44 hours into the game and only got a few side quests left in Novagrid left to do before I set off to the Islands, with plenty of side quests and contracts for me to do in Varen, as well exploring further.

This is insane I've spent this crazy amount of time in a video game that's kept my attention and enjoyment if not higher. Seeing some of the characters returning
Roche, Thaler and all the ex spy leaders working together to help restore Temeria as a free state with their scheming
was one of the best moments to experience was so exciting and feeling great out of this one little moment of showing how much I've invested into this series and how it is all paying out with the journey.

CDPR deserve complete praise and recognition for their craftsmanship and story narrative/world building. They've set a new pillar for other developers in this genre to try and reach to.

Darkman M

So how do you upgrade armor and it's possible to change the appearance through different level armor? I'm level 15 and I'm so confused lol

Special witcher gear are upgradeable. You will need to do treasure hunts to obtain this items. There is cat, griffin, and bear sets that can be found during treasure hunts. Each armor has 3 upgrades I think.

Anybody got pictures of the superior griffin and ursine set? I want to see what they look like but don't wanna spend the money to make em since I'm focusing on the feline set

Is there a way to make Armorers/Swordsmiths/Blacksmiths icons stick to the fucking map ??

Everytime you get away from them they disappear and it's super annoying to have to find your way back to them, especially in Novigrad.

The only Armorer icon that stayed in the map is the one in Crow's Perch, I assume that's because I have an ongoing quest with the guy, but he's too far from the fast travel point for me to bother visiting him regularly.

Sakura

I'm on Act 3.
Question about a certain chain of sidequests
Can I still do the assassinate Radovid quests? I did the first one, back after Triss's quest, but I don't know how to continue the chain.

Salsa

Jenny O the Woods was the toughest fight for me too. Fought her at level 10 on death march

basically used everything. oils, yrden, bombs...

she was just kinda unpredictable with her tells compared to other monsters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom