• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
This is the first game I've played from CDPR and I have to say, they've really won me over as a studio that I'll be happy to support in the future.

JP

I did ask a couple of days ago but things get lost when things are moving quickly here.

Books, once I've read them is there any reason at all not to sell them? I have loads of them and I can't think of any reason to keep them but I don't want to get rid of them if I need them for something.

If I don't need to keep them, where is the best place to sell them?

Yeah, she's kicking my ass too. Does she ever knock it off with that healing thing or do I have to kill her before she does it?

The health draining wraiths she spawns are on a set timer. They will disappear after ~5 seconds or so. Just sprint away when she starts summoning them, then come back when they're gone.

I learned that you have to do this on Death March, otherwise the health drain will kill you since there's no way to avoid it.

Aeana

Yeah, she's kicking my ass too. Does she ever knock it off with that healing thing or do I have to kill her before she does it?

You can use moon dust to halt enemy health regen. But this probably applies more to things like werewolves. I never actually tried it on wraiths.

Salsa

well fuck. I mention jenny o the woods and of course now im fighting
the white lady
which seems to be the same thing but higher level

edit: huh nevermind. she was way easier, and im underleveled

Chariot

Spoilers, Salsa :(
Half the fun of contracts is to actually finding out what the hell is it you should actually hunt. Don't know if it's stated outright in the White Lady, but usually it isn't.

You can very safely do quests up to 5 levels higher than your current level. Possible to do more with some patience/skill.

Put salt in my wound, tried today the broken heart quest, level 3, think is a level 7 quest. Quit after 3 hours of fight, restart after restart, loading times didn't helped. Impossible with a 60-90 silver weapon. Even with drinks for strength, regaining health, oil for the weapon. Maybe I got a little bit impatient over time ^_^

DrSlek

well fuck. I mention jenny o the woods and of course now im fighting the white lady which seems to be the same thing but higher level

Interestingly I found the white lady contract by accident when I explored a tower outside of Novigrad. What I loved about this is that the journal reflected it. Instead of saying Geralt took the contract for the White lady, it says Geralt found signs of a Noonwraith in the area and went to see if there was any contract on the beast nearby.

The attention to detail in this game is fantastic.

If I want Yen, will ploughing someone else ruin it?

As far as I know, everyone is fair game except Triss in that scenario.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I wish so many of the contracts weren't wraiths. It's obvious from the start what they're going to be and they're not as fun to fight as other creatures. I like the mystery and build up when it's something else.

Jenny o the woods is destroying me :/

I'm only level 8 though, maybe I'll come back later...
I was a level 10 and I still had trouble, I got it in the second try though.

Can anyone who has beat the game let me know without too much detail if romancing certain people will effect relationships with others? I've skipped on romancing
keira because I heard it would effect future a relationship with yennefer.

Also this game is amazing I have 28 hours already and most of it has just been side quests.

Salsa

Spoilers, Salsa :(
Half the fun of contracts is to actually finding out what the hell is it you should actually hunt. Don't know if it's stated outright in the White Lady, but usually it isn't.

kinda is, but spoilered

there's just a bunch of wraith contracts and they all play out the same

Red Hood

Banned
Just had to kill
Keira
(side quest). Shame. But I couldn't stop thinking just walking away would've had some big consequences.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Spirit in the Forest / Crone Spoilers

What happens if you don't save the Ophans? I gotta say I was quite surprised by the man hanging in the tree... (trying to avoid spoilers)

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

What happens if you don't save the Ophans? I gotta say I was quite surprised by the man hanging in the tree... (trying to avoid spoilers)

The children disappear (probably eaten by the crones) then you can do another quest where the baron takes his men to get Anna back and he runs into Tamara and the Witch Hunters. He takes Anna home to try to help her get better while Tamara goes back to Oxenfort.

Chariot

The village lives, the baron lives and you can help him leading an assault into the swamp to free Anna. But the children are way, heavily implied to be eaten by the crones.

viveks86

Got my ass handed to me at Gwent by the armorer at oxenfurt. Hero card after hero card. And I didnt even know what a hero card was until I saw it in action. I don't even... See you in a week or two, mister

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Thanks for the answers, guys. This game is amazing and lives up to Witcher 2 with the impact of player choice.

How is everyone building Geralt so far?

I'm going with Quen/Axii mostly. It's how I played Witcher 2.

The alternate for Axii is really hit and miss. Sometimes I mind control someone and they just stand there and do nothing. When it works, though, they one shot each other.

After spending a few days exploring Velen i finally decided to travel to Novigrad. This game is just so amazing. It feels like a whole new world/aura. I just want to explore every single alley. Its kinda like the whole setting and feeling changed and its awesome.

So I'm assuming the new patch improved loading times? Game loads way faster after I die.
Getting a weird glitch when rotfiends explode though, like blood flying all across the screen.

boskee

I just met an old bro in Velen. I can't remember another game in which I really cared about characters like i do in The Witcher series.

Welp, my holiday is gone, going back to work tomorrow. I am not sure how I am going to spend most of the day without my daily Witcher fix. Sigh.

Doing some story mission with Triss, but I think after this I need to take a story break and go find the Cat armor. The Griffin armor is underleveled now and it doesn't totally gel with my playstyle.

Salsa

I honestly do wish the game gave you better XP for these random underleveled fights you can find yourself into where I barely do any damage, cause I really enjoy doing them still, even if its just patience and chipping away

18luwj.png

no real reason to do them as of now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom