• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynasty8

Something is really annoying me. The texture hiccups in Novigrad are getting pretty ridiculous...so bad that I want to record some footage to show you guys to see if it's just me. Some things are taking a bit longer to load such as press "A" to talk icon...it isn't responsive and sometimes takes about 10 before the icon appears. Along with that, sometimes the characters take about 5-10 seconds to load in some areas.

Even some of the close up textures are blurred out for a good 1 second...I'm playing the X1 version, and this is mainly happening in Novigrad. The thing that's odd is that it wasn't happening a few days ago.

Can someone tell me what's happening?

Denton

Played 36 hours in 3 days. Stayed up until 3AM last night and woke up at 7AM today with my brain desiring to continue. I am convinced this is the best game I have ever played now. It combines everything I love about gaming in one package - exploring beautiful worlds, enjoying wonderfully well written story, hunting incredible monsters, and it does it all in higher quality than I have ever seen in graphics and production values that nobody can match at this scale.

And I am a witcher fan since 1999. So there is that. If I was Sapkowski I would get over my ignorance of games and fucking play this.

viveks86

Just finished "wandering in the dark". Holy shit these quests are long and meaty! So much variety too. Really made me appreciate signs and combat tactics that I barely use otherwise. And to finish all that off with a cool
riddle
? I love this game!

-Deimos

Is there any way to track the merchants you haven't faced at gwent yet? I'm not sure if the quests actually count all the random no-name merchant gwent players.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
oBO6UUE.jpg

charming as fuck

The GTA series really needs male prostitutes

Salsa

I had dinner with both of my parents today and I brought up The Witcher and talked about it for like an hour. not kidding

think I have a date tomorrow, thank fuck for my sanity

edit: oh shit what if I bring up the witcher

Alright Witcher Gaf I need some help on a quest. Im doing The
Nithing
and I've been asked to
kill Jonna.
What would Geralt from the books do in this situation?

npa189

Pack it up, generation. Your game has arrived. Seriously, feel bad for other open world RPG devs now.

The amount of rich and fulfilling content is just astounding, I really don't know how they did it. There are just so many goddamn quests, and they are all so unique. Side quests, contracts, and the treasure hunts, not a cookie cutter copy among them. Its all so complex and detailed. Even the conversations with meaningless henchmen that you will cut down in 5 seconds are individual and fleshed out.

Its no contest for Bioware now, Inquisition was a good game, but this has annihilated it in every way. Bethesda will need to pull out all the stops to come close with their next game.

I'm calling GOTY 2015 right here, and possibly best RPG of the decade. Video games are back!

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
Apparently if you meet the
tree spirit
before the
crones
and
free it
you get another outcome to that particular quest.

I've yet to test this out though.

i can confirm this as true because this happened in my game.
I met the spirit and freed it first based on it telling me the crones imprisoned it and the elf telling Ciri the Crones were evil. In my outcome the baron and his daughter both head to the crones and find anna mind broken but not a water hag monster. The daughter reluctantly lets her father who she despises take her mother to try and get her healed.

It's actually stupid just how good Witcher 3 is.

Played 36 hours in 3 days. Stayed up until 3AM last night and woke up at 7AM today with my brain desiring to continue. I am convinced this is the best game I have ever played now. It combines everything I love about gaming in one package - exploring beautiful worlds, enjoying wonderfully well written story, hunting incredible monsters, and it does it all in higher quality than I have ever seen in graphics and production values that nobody can match at this scale.

And I am a witcher fan since 1999. So there is that. If I was Sapkowski I would get over my ignorance of games and fucking play this.

Agreed. The more I play, the higher it bubbles up my list.

And the thing is, I know it's scalable! So when I want to play it again in two years when I have a GTX1270 or whatever, I'll be able to run it at 4k maxed out (maybe, hopefully!) and enjoy it again!

I enjoyed Skyrim as well, but I think the writing and connection you feel ot the characters in this game is a cut above anything else in the genre.

The amount of rich and fulfilling content is just astounding, I really don't know how they did it. There are just so many goddamn quests, and they are all so unique. Side quests, contracts, and the treasure hunts, not a cookie cutter copy among them. Its all so complex and detailed. Even the conversations with meaningless henchmen that you will cut down in 5 seconds are individual and fleshed out.

Its no contest for Bioware now, Inquisition was a good game, but this has annihilated it in every way. Bethesda will need to pull out all the stops to come close with their next game.

I'm calling GOTY 2015 right here, and possibly best RPG of the decade. Video games are back!

100% agreed. I've actually not been playing a lot of games lately as nothing has been able to hold my attention. I thought maybe I just didn't have the patience any more but W3 has challenged that. Haven't been this engrossed in a game world in a long, long time.

I just realized something after beating the game, remember in the gameplay trailer Geralt appears to be on some quest and it seems he meets a Vampire sleeping in his coffin, he wakes it up and he asks what year it is and when it seems as if the time passed is insufficient he tells Geralt to "fuck off." What quest is that and where can I find it?

It's in the dungeons beneath Novigrad. Was exploring Novigrad for a bit yesterday and behind a wall (use Aard) I found the coffin.
Can't remember where the entrance to the dungeon was though, somewhere in the east part of town.

Dynasty8

Something is really annoying me. The texture hiccups in Novigrad are getting pretty ridiculous...so bad that I want to record some footage to show you guys to see if it's just me. Some things are taking a bit longer to load such as press "A" to talk icon...it isn't responsive and sometimes takes about 10 before the icon appears. Along with that, sometimes the characters take about 5-10 seconds to load in some areas.

Even some of the close up textures are blurred out for a good 1 second...I'm playing the X1 version, and this is mainly happening in Novigrad. The thing that's odd is that it wasn't happening a few days ago.

Can someone tell me what's happening?

Hoping someone can help me with this.

Here's a quick 10 second video of what I mean. Take a look at the bridge I'm standing on.

http://gameclipscontent-d3005.xboxl..._=1432623615_2632727a7cbed2551df8e16029dc0354

This is happening pretty frequently.

Salsa

so, I don't feel like this is thread worthy but

this is the most technically impressive game of all time, yes?

I know we're all still gushing and wowed but I still can't even comprehend the size, level of detail, and man hours put into this thing

Maximo

I met the spirit and freed it first based on it telling me the crones imprisoned it and the elf telling Ciri the Crones were evil. In my outcome the baron and his daughter both head to the crones and find anna mind broken but not a water hag monster. The daughter reluctantly lets her father who she despises take her mother to try and get her healed.
Holy shit wow didn't know that.

Also spoilers for "Plays The Thing"
really tired of trying to get back dandelion and this whole quest line I just want it to end so it can move on. Currently doing the play and yeah its cute and all but reeeeaaallly over it."

Kin5290

Whaaaaaaaaat. That dude was clearly shady as can be but I didn't even feel there was another way to resolve that quest. Can anything be done about that guy now?

This fucking game.
There's a hint
somethings hinky when the coroner dude says that being around formaldehyde for so long kept him looking so young, which is bullshit.

CSX

Holllyyy shit. This gameeeee!

Corsick

I'll be honest, Bioware should be pretty embarrassed right now. A smaller team with a smaller budget and less name recognition pretty much smashed them in every way imaginable. Bioware's sidequests are beyond laughable compared to the level of depth, care and intrigue put into the ones in The Witcher 3. Just the fact that so many smaller quests are fully voiced and given actual cutscenes is really damn cool. It makes them feel like they're worth paying attention to. Having so many interesting plotlines be secondary quests and not part of the main story line is incredible. CDPR really knocked it out of the park when it comes to legitimate and interesting side content. It's about as good as I could realistically expect from a game. I expect Cyberpunk 2077 to be a much better game than ME 4 at this point, different Bioware team working on it aside.

Alej

Banned
I'll be honest, Bioware should be pretty embarrassed right now. A smaller team with a smaller budget and less name recognition pretty much smashed them in every way imaginable. Bioware's sidequests are beyond laughable compared to the level of depth, care and intrigue put into the ones in The Witcher 3. The fact that so many interesting plotlines were secondary quests and not part of the main story line is incredible. CDPR really knocked it out of the park when it comes to legitimate and interesting side content. It's about as good as I could realistically expect from a game that has deadlines, budget limitations, etc. Honestly, I expect Cyberpunk 2077 to be a much better game than ME 4 at this point, different Bioware team working on it aside.

I have to say, by playing without map and active quests, the different plotlines (from sidequests or not) feel like you are always doing something that makes the story progress and the world evolve.

In fact, I don't even know if a quest is part of the main story or just side stuff. Nothing feels like filler.

It's a blast.

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
Holy shit wow didn't know that.

I don't know if it makes a difference but when the village chief asked me to deal with the problem i picked the option that i already took care of it and when he asked me how i picked the option of not telling him that i freed the spirit. Good thing i didn't tell him because he turned out to be a worshipper of the Crones.

Chitown B

what the hell does everyone do with the readable books and letters? They're filling up my usable items space. Is there a way to "use" them and keep a log somewhere?

Maximo

what the hell does everyone do with the readable books and letters? They're filling up my usable items space. Is there a way to "use" them and keep a log somewhere?
Just quickly read them for points of internet quests or beast information then ditch them.

erawsd

Hoping someone can help me with this.

Here's a quick 10 second video of what I mean. Take a look at the bridge I'm standing on.

http://gameclipscontent-d3005.xboxl..._=1432623615_2632727a7cbed2551df8e16029dc0354

This is happening pretty frequently.

Something Ive seen recommended in the past with other games where people have sudden and persistent issues pop up is to try clearing the system cache. Mind you, I dont have the X1 version, Ive never done the process myself, and I have no idea what the repercussions are (if any). But its maybe something you could look into if these issues suddenly started happening.

Lach

Concerning the tree spirit
I also freed it and had the Anna to waterhag and die + baron suicide ending. Was really upset about this.

Some time later I decided to finally read through my book collection I had amassed where I came upon one that
pretty clearly states that the tree spirit is evil.
Felt even worse after that....

Dynasty8

Cardinal Sins:
wow, so - long after I finished this quest - I came across another body in Novigrad with the hearts removed, eyes replaced with embers, etc. I'd killed the wrong dude, though he deserved it anyways.

I guess it means it's probably the coroner dude. Fuck.

---

Paid a visit to
the morgue and he'd left a taunting letter for Geralt. I love this game.

Yup lol. This game is amazing. Some of the best story telling I've seen in any game...and we're just talking about a side quest here.

Maximo

I also freed it and had the Anna to waterhag and die + baron suicide ending. Was really upset about this.

Some time later I decided to finally read through my book collection I had amassed where I came upon one that
Depressing ending but personally I like this choice better, especially in this world.

Maximo

if you read them and there's something you need it'll add it to your quest, right? I'm just afraid of losing info.
Unless it strictly says you need this for a quest once you read them it should update the quest, I quickly mouse over every thing before selling Incase it says "You need this for a quest"

Mister Wolf

Gold Member

I
I think what makes Anna end up getting turned into a Water Hag is the Crones finding out you freed the spirit. In my game i never told the Chief that i freed it.

DrSlek

I know we're all still gushing and wowed but I still can't even comprehend the size, level of detail, and man hours put into this thing

I put it all down to Polish sorcery.

Bloody Wyverns.

Twice I've had a run in with one fairly above my level and decided to run away from it.
By the Harpy Post/Lornuk, and the other by the east side, near Benek or something.

Ran and it would not stop chasing me. Every other creatures tether hard but Wyverns won't back off. First case had me swimming in circles and diving trying to get it off my tail.
Second time, ran from the ledge where I found it, down a slope into some bandits that the Wyvern killed, than swam across water to reach an island with it still chasing and flying above me. Ran into the island, full of fog and foglets, only after dashing through fog did I finally lose the asshole.

If something like one of those ??? level bastards were like that, I'd never survive.

I
I think what makes Anna end up getting turned into a Water Hag is the Crones finding out you freed the spirit. In my game i never told the Chief that i freed it.
That makes me wonder...
If you can free it and not tell the hags? I didn't tell the chief what I had done, but I told the hags during the confrontation with them.

Lingitiz

The most impressive part is the lack of loading screens when going into buildings and caves. Yeah the interiors aren't anything super crazy, but it adds so much when it's all so seamless.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.

Grand Theft Auto 5 ran on a PS3/360.

Let that soak in.

Well decided to mess with a bunch of stuff and try to get some different looks and such. I took Vivek's SweetFX pre-set and tweaked it as well as messed with a few other options. I think some of these test shots turned out pretty ok, for the area that I was in. Trying to get a photorealistic feeling

17488863664_785717dca5_h.jpg

17923726760_38b3bf4dd5_h.jpg

Started yesterday, had the game crash on me on my second gwent game. After that read some things about it crashing when you take the first pass in gwent.

Thought the cut scenes weren't looking as smooth as they could.

Playing on PS4 digital copy.

Has anyone a solution for this? Not as far in the game so deleting and reinstalling wouldn't hurt as much if it has to be done for improving the game experience.

Is there a list of differences between difficulty levels anywhere? Google is failing me here. I'm currently level 17 on Death March but I'm seeing little incentive to bother killing anything now since they offer so little anymore. 1xp and items I no longer need for alchemy and I also have over 10k florens.

The lack of storage is really starting to annoy me. I've sold 2 sets of Witcher gear due to weight limits to later come across the enhanced versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom