• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question so I sent both
Triss and Kiera to Kaers Morhen. Now I just finished 'The Ugly Baby' quest and neither of them are there.
is that normal or is my game bugged?

Spoilers for the 4th area after you finish Yennifer's personal quest by telling her you no longer love her.
Does she angrily teleport you into the sky over the water no matter what you say or was it just because I was being a sarcastic ass?
Was pretty hilarious, I chose the "Nice view" dialogue option when I got back.

Question so I sent both
Triss and Kiera to Kaers Morhen. Now I just finished 'The Ugly Baby' quest and neither of them are there.
is that normal or is my game bugged?
No, it's just a silly decision to not have anyone make it there until the story requires it. You'll see them eventually.

erawsd

Thought the same, then I went through the whole Bloody Baron quest line and found it really well done. Same with Towerful of Mice later on.

To be fair, the goat thing was the worst quest I've done so far. But it lasted all of 5 minutes? Also, when most people, CDPR included, mention fetch quests, they usually mean "go kill 3 drowners" or "Go pick 15 elderberries!". While you do need to gather stuff for crafting, all of the quests have been at least somewhat interesting and with some context.

The Goat quest is also pretty tongue in cheek. I exhausted the bottom dialogue choices and it ended up being a pretty funny. The quest itself is pretty harmless, its over with pretty quick and
the bear has some good loot in his cave.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Someone mentioned there's a merchant that buys items full price, shows up outside Novigrad or something? Anyone know about that?

Yeah, on the outskirts in the upper right there's an alchemist in a building that has 500 gold. He has been my book and weapon dump for a bit.

epmode

Does anybody in the game buy books? I have over 100 I believe lol

I'd be more interested in books if the entries were added to the glossary instead of having to haul everything around in my inventory. The worst part is that books are auto-sorted ahead of potions and other useful stuff so it makes equipment changes really awkward.

I can't stand half of the armor in this game.

TW2 was a lot more consistent when it came to Geralt's armor.

Aces&Eights

Yeah, on the outskirts in the upper right there's an alchemist in a building that has 500 gold. He has been my book and weapon dump for a bit.

So, after reading the books you can sell them, correct? Ive got so many it takes 10 minutes to scroll through then in my inventory lol

This endgame might be the most well written and well designed out of any game I've ever played.

Things that have been built up for the past two games are finally capitalized on in a manner that's both immensely satisfying and totally believable. If I wanted to be specific, it'd take me about twenty lines of spoiler-tagged glory to recount each and every loose end that gets tied up.

These are the types of scenes where I'm hitting the screenshot button every second, in some vain hope of capturing each intense moment. Those who are early in the game should know that the best truly is yet to come.

This is what Mass Effect 3 should have been. Bioware's RPG narrative dominance has been nuked from orbit.

This endgame might be one of the most well written and well designed out of any game I've ever played.

Things that have been built up for the past two games are finally capitalized on in a manner that's both immensely satisfying and totally believable. If I wanted to be specific, it'd take me about twenty lines of spoiler-tagged glory to recount each and every loose end that gets tied up.

These are the types of scenes where I'm hitting the screenshot button every second, in some vain hope of capturing each intense moment. Those who are early in the game should know that the best truly is yet to come.

This is what Mass Effect 3 should have been. Bioware's RPG narrative dominance has been nuked from orbit.

Fuuuuuuuuuuck

Do I have to wait for a quest or something to pop up before I can visit Triss again? She said she had a place in the Bits but there is nothing marked on the map.

Yeah her reaction was pretty rough but true to the character. A lot of people I expect will probably stick with Triss due to the past 2 games and because you encounter her first if you don't head to Skellige underleveled. The Last Wish quest was awesome for that reason and they make it as hard as possible to choose.

So how long can you hold off without choosing while still maintaining forward progress? If I follow the game's recommendation of finishing Novigrad before before heading to Skelle will I have to decide on something with Triss one way or the other before having the opportunity to interact with Yen?

MacBosse

This endgame might be the most well written and well designed out of any game I've ever played.

Aw yiiiiis.

But hell, you can tell early in the game that the writing is top notch. Good to hear that it delivers all the way though!

I just finished Family Matters...wow.

This game is something else. I thought
the Baron was a piece of shit, but once I heard his side of the story I realized, yes, he was, but it was a downwards spiral from both sides. I ended it with him taking Anna to the hermit.

Maybe I missed something in his story but I have hard time showing him too much sympathy when he said
his wife rightfully freaked the hell out after he chopped her lover to bits. Yeah, maybe she shouldn't have cheated but he was gone a long time and emotionally distant. His reaction seems horribly disproportionate to her's.

Salsa

damn these early triss sections. I gotta walk a real sorth path till the next cutscene with no indication and I can't hear everythin she has to say :/

Maybe I missed something in his story but I have hard time showing him too much sympathy when he said
his wife rightfully freaked the hell out after he chopped her lover to bits. Yeah, maybe she shouldn't have cheated but he was gone a long time and emotionally distant. His reaction seems horribly disproportionate to her's.

Yeah I feel the same.

foxtrot3d

Banned
I just realized something after beating the game, remember in the gameplay trailer Geralt appears to be on some quest and it seems he meets a Vampire sleeping in his coffin, he wakes it up and he asks what year it is and when it seems as if the time passed is insufficient he tells Geralt to "fuck off." What quest is that and where can I find it?

Anybody?

I have a question. I remember reading that reviewers beat the game at level 30-35? But the level cap is 70... does that mean there's content all the way to 70, or what's the deal with that?

Salsa

oBO6UUE.jpg

charming as fuck

Lingitiz

I have a question. I remember reading that reviewers beat the game at level 30-35? But the level cap is 70... does that mean there's content all the way to 70, or what's the deal with that?

Story content caps out at 30ish I believe.

Do I have to wait for a quest or something to pop up before I can visit Triss again? She said she had a place in the Bits but there is nothing marked on the map.

So how long can you hold off without choosing while still maintaining forward progress? If I follow the game's recommendation of finishing Novigrad before before heading to Skelle will I have to decide on something with Triss one way or the other before having the opportunity to interact with Yen?

Content with Triss continues as you get further into the Novigrad quest line. Triss has a set of optional missions that will open up that develop your relationship with her. I was also initially confused when she said to visit her in the Bits but when you find her she doesn't have a lot to say.

Maximo

damn these early triss sections. I gotta walk a real sorth path till the next cutscene with no indication and I can't hear everythin she has to say :/
Yeah weird thought it was just me the music seems to be way louder then the voices and had some of her quests bug out on me a few times.

Salsa

Yeah weird thought it was just me the music seems to be way louder then the voices and had some of her quests bug out on me a few times.

I mostly mean that she starts talking while we're walking and then I just reach the next cutscene and dialog interrupts

the walk is shorter than the talk. game kinda expects me to stop? it's just silly banter but I like to hear it

Cerity

Sooo, I imported my witcher 2 save where I let the mob lynch Radovid yet Redania controls Oxenfurt and people in the street are saying praise radovid etc.

Did I msis something?

Lingitiz

They also plan 2 expansion packs and 16 free DLC right? Highest level quest (contract) I've seen is 33 so far. I've only just gotten to Skellige though.

Yeah maybe they will add higher level quests. I haven't seen any past the 30's but I haven't gone back to my end game save. The two expansions are said to raise the level cap so I assume they will have high level content.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Sooo, I imported my witcher 2 save where I let the mob lynch Radovid yet Redania controls Oxenfurt and people in the street are saying praise radovid etc.

Did I msis something?

That was Stennis not Radovid. You should rewatch the end of TW2 he's the one that starts arresting the makes and has Phillipa's eyes gouged out after their plot is revealed.

erawsd

Did I msis something?

That wasnt King Radovid of Redania, that was Prince Stennis of Aedirn.

Dresden

Cardinal Sins:
wow, so - long after I finished this quest - I came across another body in Novigrad with the hearts removed, eyes replaced with embers, etc. I'd killed the wrong dude, though he deserved it anyways.

I guess it means it's probably the coroner dude. Fuck.

---

Paid a visit to
the morgue and he'd left a taunting letter for Geralt. I love this game.

Cardinal Sins:
wow, so - long after I finished this quest - I came across another body in Novigrad with the hearts removed, eyes replaced with embers, etc. I'd killed the wrong dude, though he deserved it anyways.

Whaaaaaaaaat. That dude was clearly shady as can be but I didn't even feel there was another way to resolve that quest. Can anything be done about that guy now?

This fucking game.

Cardinal Sins:
Wow I has no idea you could even resolve this quest without confronting that guy.

Finally finished the Family Matters questline yesterday, bloody amazing!
I see what you did there.

npa189

9 hours in according to the GOG Galaxy timer, feels longer than that, but I'm level 15. Been doing all the witcher contracts I can find, and trying to keep up with the main story
Still working a rescuing Dandelion, but I just killed Whoreson Jr so I have to be close.

This game is enthralling, I haven't been this taken with a game since Skyrim I think. It's scratching all the right itches with exploring, leveling, and crafting sweet new loot. Playing Witcher 2 helps more than people are saying I think, I think I would be lost if I didn't.

Loakum

Banned
Being the ultra completest I am, I notice I missed some event markers in my over 60 hours of playtime. So I deleted it, and starting over! It was just 3 things I've missed, but those 3 red x's standing there seem to mock me. I couldn't allow it to mock me any longer! Back to the beginning I go.

Uh..Um...well okay.

Spoilers for Family Matters questline.

Holy shit, well freeing the more evil spirit thing from the beginning of time that fought with the sisters initially was a bad idea. I thought it might've swung things in my favor initially and I even second guessed myself before freeing it. But wow, anna dies, kid lives on seeing the eldritch truth behind the waking world, Geralt shrugs, and the Baron kills himself.

Jesus christ. What a depressing ending to that quest, but I have a feeling that things would've probably still ended badly either way but wow. I didn't expect that one.

The writing and ambiguity in a lot of the choices in this game are absolutely incredible.

9 hours in according to the GOG Galaxy timer, feels longer than that, but I'm level 15. Been doing all the witcher contracts I can find, and trying to keep up with the main story
Still working a rescuing Dandelion, but I just killed Whoreson Jr so I have to be close.

This game is enthralling, I haven't been this taken with a game since Skyrim I think. It's scratching all the right itches with exploring, leveling, and crafting sweet new loot. Playing Witcher 2 helps more than people are saying I think, I think I would be lost if I didn't.

Agreed.

Played Witcher 2 the weekend before W3 came out, and it's made this game all the more sweeter.

Seriously, I'm getting to 30 hours in and I'm just about finishing Velen, and I didn't really even fully explore White Orchard so I'm going to have to go back to do some of the contract boards and such.

Pack it up, generation. Your game has arrived. Seriously, feel bad for other open world RPG devs now.

Agreed.

Played Witcher 2 the weekend before W3 came out, and it's made this game all the more sweeter.

Seriously, I'm getting to 30 hours in and I'm just about finishing Velen, and I didn't really even fully explore White Orchard so I'm going to have to go back to do some of the contract boards and such.

Pack it up, generation. Your game has arrived. Seriously, feel bad for other open world RPG devs now.
It's actually stupid just how good Witcher 3 is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom