• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeul

I know CDPR said TW3 wasn't going to be releasing with a photo mode so here's hoping for mods because I would love to have something akin to the cinematic tools that DA:I got.

Leeness

That's my problem too. It's so frustrating.

Well...I just made a paypal, added the money via paypal, and I was finally able to buy it after a day of trying.

Now whether I'll be able to download it tomorrow is another question!

But I guess making a paypal works right now. :/

I've been watching this game on Twitch for several days now. It looks absolutely gorgeous, and I can't wait to get lost in its world. I'm glad that this installment focuses more on Geralt's story rather than the political disparity between each kingdom that was heavily emphasized in the Witcher 2.

Btw, has anyone's order that includes the comic book from Amazon been delayed until Thursday? I noticed that some people werent receiving their Collector's Edition until Thursday as well.

Lunar15

The Fields of Ard Skellig is my fav one. The FLAC soundtrack that gog offers is so good.

I had heard fields, and I like it a lot. But this one is supremely well produced and exudes an excellent and heroic feeling for a song I presume to be used in the opening or some time around it.

Got this yesterday and have been playing it since I woke up this morning. Enjoying it immensely. The fact you can fail quests and can't just sit on them forever is going to kill my OCD though.

So you can perma fail quests? Also do you mean if you take them there is a time limit? because yeah..that is going to destroy my game OCD

Daverid

I had heard fields, and I like it a lot. But this one is supremely well produced and exudes an excellent and heroic feeling for a song I presume to be used in the opening or some time around it.

It's the main theme I think. Or at least on one of the streams I watched that track was playing when the streamer was sitting on the main menu.

It's utterly gorgeous, the big crescendo part is what they used for the initial Debut Trailer.

lem0n

I've never played a Witcher game, I want to start with this one. It looks awesome. I really love the Fallout/TES/Mass Effect games, will this click the same way, you think?

After the February delay I thought It'd take forever to get to this point. Time flies.

I must have been one of the few people who bought the first game off of the strength of the demo which was about a third of the first act iirc. The area just had a bleak sense to it and I don't just mean visually. You were powerful but the way you dealt with people it was clear they didn't see you as more than a tool. Everyone had their own agenda and everyone seemed to have sensible rationales for the choices they made. I think it was the first game I bought when I got a pc worth a damn. That optimization though, vizima still ran like shit lol. That was 7 years ago brehs. With The Witcher 2 I played that shit 4 times in a row, 4. I was laid up because I seriously fucked up my back and I had no internet access around that time (I was gaffing from my kindle). Shit was special to me brehs.

Here we are now, 4 years later and The Witcher 3 is coming in less than 24 hours. We made it
UiI3dvQ.jpg

Kvik

Page 9 already!

It'll unlock 10 9am Melbourne time tomorrow so I'll be at work reading your impressons, fellow Gaffers.

Supposedly, yes.

I believe the only VA that has changed (Which we know of) is Lambert.

Cool always liked Dandelions voice actor. Dandelion has to be one of my favorite characters in the games to be honest. Loved when he said stuff in W2 that referenced W1.

Man Witcher games have great writing.

Anung

Un Rama
So you can perma fail quests? Also do you mean if you take them there is a time limit? because yeah..that is going to destroy my game OCD

Whenever I go to a new town I grab all the quests notes off the quest board so I can quest to my hearts content when I can be bothered. I don't know if the quest I failed has a time limit or I passed a certain part of the story but I've failed it. The witcher 2 was the same but because it was broke into chapters it was harder to fail.

Whenever I go to a new town I grab all the quests notes off the quest board so I can quest to my hearts content when I can be bothered. I don't know if the quest I failed has a time limit or I passed a certain part of the story but I've failed it. The witcher 2 was the same but because it was broke into chapters it was harder to fail.

Hmmm so I should check all the quests for a timer and make sure to do as many side quests as I can before advancing the story...thanks mate!

I had been tempering my hype for this game, but after reading a few reviews and watching some stream footage, I cant help but be super anxious to get my hands on this!

The crappy part is I just decided to pre order the PS4 version yesterday from Amazon, and it has an expected arrival date for Thursday (with Prime). What gives?

Never really played much of the first, and didn't really care for the second. But I need something new and hopefully this won't disappoint. Got it downloaded, just waiting for the unlock.

Anung

Un Rama
I've seriously wrecked my sleeping pattern playing this today. I'm in bed now (it's 4 in the morning here) but I just want go get up and keep playing. It feels like I've barely scratched the surface game wise.

zkorejo

Bearded Geralt = Best Geralt!

Time of contempt. Page # 119:

Geralt - ‘Do you have your razor?’

Dandelion: ‘Huh? Of course I do.’

Geralt - ‘I will borrow it tommorow morning. This beard is annoying me.’

Dandelion: ‘Why couldn‘t the dryads... Hmmm... True, they use their razors only for mushrooms. You know I will lend it to you.'

Daverid

That's Radovid, yes? Spoilers give away stuff about him so don't read them.

Yep, Radovid the Stern. Playing the Iorveth path in The Witcher 2 is entirely worth it just for his scenes in Loc Muinne. He's even pretty cool back in The Witcher 1.

Such a fucking great character, can't wait to see what he does in 3.

Actually, all the King's/Emperor's in The Witcher series are fucking awesome.

I loved Radovid's TW1 voice actor. He seemed slightly crazy, but I prefered it over how he was fairly generic in TW2.

Ricker

Awesome OT...Pre-ordered this on the PS4 with the Expansion pack a while back,it was cheaper on the store then retail and Gamestop had no clue if they would have a special with the expansions or anything,so digital it is.

dreamfall

I really disliked Radovid in TW2. His dealings with Phillipa were brutal. I disliked all the Northern Kings- Henselt, Radovid, Foltest... Natalis seemed alright.

Would the game be worth it for someone that finds the voice acting terrible? I'm a sucker for open world games and it has a bit of a Red Dead Redemption vibe with amazing graphics, but the voice actors sound as though they were paid half as much as promised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom