• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

Hello,
I'm level 27 and I have to go to the Isle of Mist. However I still have level 30 quests so I would like to know if I will be able to complete these quests after the end ?
The Isle of Mist isn't the end. It just starts several main missions that keep you out of the open world for a while before returning back to the open world later.

D8A56653908FB5BDD0C401897C44191FDB961508
Roach Evolving

Jamaro85

Black Pearls quest nets 0 XP and 10 crowns for a quest that isn't grayed out. I really wish I could understand the logic with some of these quest rewards. I guess it gave me a good reason to explore a particular island, but I really wouldn't have wasted my time trying to catch a green quest right before it grayed out otherwise.

RDreamer

Finally beat it after somewhere around 160 hours.

What a fucking game.

I really don't see any way I'd choose any other for GOTY.

I went on such a huge Witcher kick for the last year, reading all the novels and playing all the games. It's kind of weird to be mostly finished. I suppose there's one more novel to get translated and there's the expansions. Really looking forward to those!

CHC

Goddamn I just got to K
aer Morhen
2.0... Probably my favorite part of the game yet. It feels like such a good intermission after having this overwhelmingly huge world to explore. Very intimate and small, really focused questing and some great characterization. The scenery is just breathtaking and overall I'm just loving the pacing. It's nice being able to set aside all the side quests, contracts, and treasure hunts for a brief moment and have some good old bro time with my witcher "classmates."

Jamaro85

Really love that 7 attack with burning opponent's top melee card. In the first round my opponent had 64 points and got dropped to 0 with my playing that card, decoying it and playing it again. Second round a medic brought it back, and decoying it again gave the shut out.

CIjLjbWUsAAIdUI.jpg:large

Voror

Is it alright to journey to Skellige if I'm not yet done with Novigrad's story and still need to finish a few Velen quests? I'd only be going there to get what places of power I could if possible.

Is it alright to journey to Skellige if I'm not yet done with Novigrad's story and still need to finish a few Velen quests? I'd only be going there to get what places of power I could if possible.

Yes. Only the quest "Isle of mists" locks you out of some of the sidequests.

Salsa

dat feeling when you struggled to let go of Triss at that party but then you arrive at Skellig and see Yen...

15243183.gif

GravyButt

About to start the
blood baron mission, or something like that
i hear thats where the game really starts picking up?

CHC

100+ hours and I JUST now learned that if you hover over ANY fast travel point on the map you get a written entry describing it in detail down in the corner.....

This game just keeps delivering the goods!

Salsa

100+ hours and I JUST now learned that if you hover over ANY fast travel point on the map you get a written entry describing it in detail down in the corner.....

I also noticed that somewhat recently and figured it was added in a patch

no idea if im right

There's nothing worse than discovering that you can speed up the boat by holding Shift right when you're about to beat the game. WHY, it has sails, it doesn't make sense. Damn you Skellige and your isles.

hrS85IE.gif

Yeef

There's nothing worse than discovering that you can speed up the boat by holding Shift right when you're about to beat the game. WHY, it has sails, it doesn't make sense. Damn you Skellige and your isles.
Clearly Gerard is using Aard to power the sails.

I wish I had known this before I had finished the game. And yes, I know it's Geralt.

Really love that 7 attack with burning opponent's top melee card. In the first round my opponent had 64 points and got dropped to 0 with my playing that card, decoying it and playing it again. Second round a medic brought it back, and decoying it again gave the shut out.

Yeah Scorch in general is brutal against Monster decks!

Ryder

Argh. So im up to the
final preparations
quest and i have to Triss's quest which is Blindingly obvious,
i have to go to the bathhouse with her, but she wont leave her hideout! is this bug known?

Branson

I'm level 19. Havent been to Skellige. Still doing sidequests because there are 1000. When the fuck should I head there?

Black Pearls quest nets 0 XP and 10 crowns for a quest that isn't grayed out. I really wish I could understand the logic with some of these quest rewards. I guess it gave me a good reason to explore a particular island, but I really wouldn't have wasted my time trying to catch a green quest right before it grayed out otherwise.

The Black Pearls quest is there for the feels :-(

An-Det

Question regarding Radovid.
I did some stuff for Dijkstra (a while before the Battle at Kaer Morhen), meeting with him and Roche about the assassination, but that completely dropped off. I've just finished Bald Mountain (Final Preparations is active but I haven't done anything yet, I'm going around doing Treasure Hunts). Was Dijkstra/Roche supposed to contact me to finish that subplot or did I miss something? Can I still finish that quest line, and if so where do I go to do so?

CoolOff

I did some stuff for Dijkstra (a while before the Battle at Kaer Morhen), meeting with him and Roche about the assassination, but that completely dropped off. I've just finished Bald Mountain (Final Preparations is active but I haven't done anything yet, I'm going around doing Treasure Hunts). Was Dijkstra/Roche supposed to contact me to finish that subplot or did I miss something? Can I still finish that quest line, and if so where do I go to do so?

Still coming up. It's a level 30 secondary quest.

I'm level 19. Havent been to Skellige. Still doing sidequests because there are 1000. When the fuck should I head there?

Now. Yesterday. It's never too early for some island-action.

The next part, if you get it, comes after Bald Mountain. Just start taking care of Final Preparations.

ramyeon

So I just made it back to
Kaer Mohran with Uma. God this game just keeps on delivering. I would like to focus a bit more on the main story at this point; feels like I've been doing sidequests forever.

So I just made it back to
Kaer Mohran with Uma. God this game just keeps on delivering. I would like to focus a bit more on the main story at this point; feels like I've been doing sidequests forever.
Nice where you're up to now is my favourite part of the game, you'll know why soon :)

locke_21183

Neo Member
Finished! Great final sequences. Nothing feels at all blown in the delivery to all the pay-off.

Is anyone else going to check out the novels as a result of liking the game so much? Yesterday I got the first one, "The Last Wish", and read the first section. It's going to be cool to see how all the characters got started.

I have just seen the
Baron
and I'm wondering –– I haven't got new armour yet, any idea of how to attain new armour? People I see at this stage of the game have a different costume etc but all i've found are new gloves, boots, trousers and swords.

I have just seen the
Baron
and I'm wondering –– I haven't got new armour yet, any idea of how to attain new armour? People I see at this stage of the game have a different costume etc but all i've found are new gloves, boots, trousers and swords.

If your level is high enough (8 for the armour, 7 for the swords) you can look for the basic Griffin School schematics and have them crafted for you. The game nudges you towards using crafted Witcher gear, so the natural progression in the early stages of the game is probably as follows:

1. Starting gear
2. Serpentine gear (swords only) and upgraded starting armour (no trousers, gauntlets and boots), which are all in White Orchard
3. Basic Griffin School gear (full set including swords), all schematics to be found in Velen, IIRC

After that, it depends on whether you want to go with a light (Cat School), medium (Griffin School) or heavy (Bear School) build.

Älg

Anyone know what the name of the armor which Geralt is wearing in pretty much ever picture?

I don't remember it's name exactly, but it's the armor you start with. It's a shame that it's so bad, considering how good it looks.

About to start the
blood baron mission, or something like that
i hear thats where the game really starts picking up?

Yeah, that's pretty much when the game starts for real.

Villentretenmerth can totally fuck up monster decks.

Akai XIII

Exploring Skellige:
Fall off mountain, die.
Fall off mountain into sea, takes 10 minutes to get back.
WEEEEE slip n slide!
Dammit Roach.

Haunted

It's not only alright, I'd say it's recommended.

They kinda fucked up the progression in that part of the game with the way they set up quests, imo. The levels of the branching main quest implies a set order (Velen -> Novigrad -> Skellige), when it's absolutely best to do both Novigrad and Skellige concurrently.

Fuck this shit. Stuck on the Black Pearl quest.

I've got the pearl. Nidas gets killed by drowners on the beach before I can even get out of the water!

Is there some other way to get to him quickly? This is fucked, I've restarted 10 times now and no luck.

Top Bottom